What's happening with George Thorne?

twinthe_12

16 hours ago, Redcar said:

GT was part of the old regime. GT was when in his prime for us my fave player by a mile but time stands still for nobody. Lampard won’t model the team around him, as that’s now with MM and others. GT needs to get fit quick to save his career but that won’t be at Derby County sadly IMO.

Not sure if you watched the Chelsea U23 game, but George looked very fit and was chasing down right up to the 90th minute. Must have been gutted not to have been included for the Hull Cup game.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, caymanram said:

Not sure if you watched the Chelsea U23 game, but George looked very fit and was chasing down right up to the 90th minute. Must have been gutted not to have been included for the Hull Cup game.

I didn’t mate to be fair, so good on him. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see him back in the starting 11.... that through ball to Russell when he scored was probably one of the finest passes I’ve ever seen in my life.... other than that Baird pass to Ince against Forest who has since made his mark at Real Madr......

With Ledley and Evans being injured I thought he'd make the bench last night. 

When you consider that last night Bryson was rested. Ledley & Evans were out injured, Huddlestone was playing his first game of the season and Max Bird was the only midfielder on the bench I think that pretty much tells us everything we need to know about Lampards thoughts towards Thorne. 

25 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

When you consider that last night Bryson was rested. Ledley & Evans were out injured, Huddlestone was playing his first game of the season and Max Bird was the only midfielder on the bench I think that pretty much tells us everything we need to know about Lampards thoughts towards Thorne. 

Sad but true ☹️

I think he could be in Frank's plans. Like some other players, who have had injuries or are not up to full match fitness. Frank didn't throw them straight into the side and some did not even make the bench straight away. Think of the likes of Marriott, Evans, Holmes etc who had to wait a while before getting a sub or start. Perhaps Frank as seen it during his playing career where players have been picked for 1st team football having not been match fit or brought in from an injury too soon. We have a big squad, I can't see loads leaving before the loan window shuts, so we will have to wait and see.

I agree. He was spraying the passes around in the under 23s game at Chelsea and starting to look more like the player we remember.

Maybe he's not quite ready for firat team duty yet. Wages apart, I also think Martin has a part to play when he is upto match fitness.

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Some rumour on Twitter that QPR want him, but Derby won't let him go. Make of it what you will. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We'll have to wait for the hard hitting forensic questioning by colin gibson to find out.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

George doesn’t do colds mate. He’d have full blown pneumonia.

Bird flu.

Haven't you heard of the Thorne Birds?

Archived