What's happening with George Thorne?

twinthe_12

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, cannable said:

Where though? I keep seeing it mentioned without a source....

Derby complain of "unauthorised and excessive transfer fees". When George Thorne completed a permanent move from West Bromwich Albion to Derby in July 2014, Derby claim a deal was agreed by Mr Rush that meant, further to the £2.75m transfer fee, West Brom received an additional £12,500 every time he played up to a maximum of £1.25m. Derby claim that Mr Rush failed to disclose this. Also Craig Bryson, the midfielder currently on loan at Cardiff City, was allegedly granted an extra £100,000 per year by Mr Rush for an ambassadorial role.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/derby-county-sam-rush-court-1397281

so we keep paying until he's played 100 games

we're about half way.

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/derby-county-sam-rush-court-1397281

so we keep paying until he's played 100 games

we're about half way.

Jeez them injuries, every cloud eh!! 

It must put us and the player in an awkward situation but why did we renew his contract if we weren’t going to play him? 

I suppose he would need to be on some form to get into the team. That Rush need the knackers suing off him.

30 minutes ago, Gritters said:

It must put us and the player in an awkward situation but why did we renew his contract if we weren’t going to play him? 

I suppose he would need to be on some form to get into the team. That Rush need the knackers suing off him.

Just checking you said suing, not cutting.

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

A guess.  FFP, losing him for zero would have had a massive negative impact.  

3 hours ago, brutamuk said:

I see he's in Marbella with his missus this week,while the rest of the sqaud have been in training at Moor Farm. 

Has he now been banished from the U23's?

This for me is a problem. Unless ofc he has been told to go away which is a different scenario all together.

He went quite a few games last season where he wasn't present at the games when in reality and in my opinion should be. Whether you are part of the squad or not you should be there showing support. Then again if you are going to spend half the game scrolling through your phone whilst your teammates sweat it out in the capital on a Tuesday night then you may as well not bother.

As for the extra transfer fee Rush apparently signed off. Sounds like good business to me at the time. No doubt WBA wanted more than 2.75m and we weren't prepared to pay that hence why we did the per game deal up to a set maximum amount. No problem with this.

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just a comment on Thorne paying more attention to his phone than to the game when watching Derby, why is this different than all the fans who do the same? 

And has anyone seen Mourhino and Karanka tonight at Wembley? 

Tbf Mourinho and Karanka have no affiliation with England and that was when the ball was out of play.

21 hours ago, angieram said:

Just a comment on Thorne paying more attention to his phone than to the game when watching Derby, why is this different than all the fans who do the same? 

Many reasons Angie but he is working for one and although not selected in matchday squad he warmed down afterwards.

For me its a culture problem and pretty obvious this was a matter that needed addressing back then. He should be an example to the younger players. As part of the squad that travelled down I am sure his interest should have been on supporting and backing the 11 on the field as opposed to being on phone. Naturally if it was an emergency then fair enough but scrolling up and down it suggests not.

On 08/09/2018 at 13:51, therams69 said:

This for me is a problem. Unless ofc he has been told to go away which is a different scenario all together.

He went quite a few games last season where he wasn't present at the games when in reality and in my opinion should be. Whether you are part of the squad or not you should be there showing support. Then again if you are going to spend half the game scrolling through your phone whilst your teammates sweat it out in the capital on a Tuesday night then you may as well not bother.

May well have been - But it's become a problem in your head now and you'll probably be in a negative mindset about Thorne now

14 hours ago, therams69 said:

Many reasons Angie but he is working for one and although not selected in matchday squad he warmed down afterwards.

For me its a culture problem and pretty obvious this was a matter that needed addressing back then. He should be an example to the younger players. As part of the squad that travelled down I am sure his interest should have been on supporting and backing the 11 on the field as opposed to being on phone. Naturally if it was an emergency then fair enough but scrolling up and down it suggests not.

So - Just checking - This was a first team game right? The away game at Milwall?

He's only really featured for the u23s so far this season - Not part of the first team squad - So I can't imagine Frankie forcing him to travel with the first team squad - Isn't it possible he was there by choice?

On 08/09/2018 at 10:30, brutamuk said:

I see he's in Marbella with his missus this week,while the rest of the sqaud have been in training at Moor Farm. 

Has he now been banished from the U23's?

Isn't it fairly common for players to be given a few days off during international breaks?

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:14, angieram said:

Anything to bash someone. I think GT would much rather be on the pitch playing. I can't help but think hes been told he can go, which is a real shame as I would have thought someone like Frank could give GT bundles of knowledge. Frank wasn't exactly the quickest, it was his intelligence and technique that made him the world class player he was. GT has both of those attributes too.

3 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Anything to bash someone. I think GT would much rather be on the pitch playing. I can't help but think hes been told he can go, which is a real shame as I would have thought someone like Frank could give GT bundles of knowledge. Frank wasn't exactly the quickest, it was his intelligence and technique that made him the world class player he was. GT has both of those attributes too.

George always struck me as very like Lampard in style. same ability to be a proper CM but he always had the ability to burst forward and hit one. lots of power, drive and technique. I haven't given up yet ?

Archived