v Wolves (H) Match Thread

rynny

Ok I'm not watching or listening, but this seems incredibly positive. Last season Wolves comprehensively outplayed us before anyone really realised how good they were going to be. They got better throughout the season, so the fact that we're not only beating them but competing with them is fantastic.

Is this as good as it sounds, or is it like the Manchester United game last year when frankly we were thrashed but we convinced ourselves we'd competed because it was late in the game when they finally scored?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ck- said:

Ok I'm not watching or listening, but this seems incredibly positive. Last season Wolves comprehensively outplayed us before anyone really realised how good they were going to be. They got better throughout the season, so the fact that we're not only beating them but competing with then is fantastic.

Is this as good as it sounds, or is it like the Manchester United game last year when frankly we were thrashed but we convinced ourselves we'd competed because it was late in the game when they finally scored?

We've 100% been the better of the two teams. They've had periods on top and created a good number of chances, but so have we, and for much more of the game

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Quality goal that was.

Interesting that Wildon has gone kore into the middle after Bryson went off and now Bennett on for Nugent when Jerome is on the bench

Bennett reward for good performance’s 

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nothing anyone can do about neves, he’s world class

World Class? 

He didn't even make Portugal's World Cup squad and they had an awful midfield He's talented, but there are levels. I don't see any of the big boys rushing to sign him.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Playing Reading at the perfect time. I know it's only a friendly, but losing 0-4 at home six days before your first game of the season isn't a positive sign. They're bloody awful and Clement has done a terrible job there.

Wouldn’t look too much into it. Last year,  Celtic battered Sunderland 5-0 in the game before they played us in the first game. Reading have also drawn against besiktas, Fulham and Ruben Kazan this season, all away. If we were going to put any weight into it, then Reading can either be competitive and a pain to play against or when they’re bad, they’re really bad.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

World Class? 

He didn't even make Portugal's World Cup squad and they had an awful midfield He's talented, but there are levels. I don't see any of the big boys rushing to sign him.

Wolves ITK friend says Wolves have rejected bids from Man Utd and Liverpool - and gave him a chunky new deal (with the help of Mendes) to keep him around.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

World Class? 

Indeed, I like Neves, he and that Jota looked great in the championship, but it was only the championship. I’ve also questioned people when they rave about this Wolves team, why werent the likes of Neves and Jota able to make what was a terrible Portugal squad. Of course it could be the manager is clueless....

Really impressed. Really excited. The style, the positivity and the youth in this team and the subs that come on.  

Throwing a couple of new strikers in the mix too and i can see us being a huge threat this season. I don't recall a time where I've been so excited pre-season (maybe when we signed thorne? ?). This is a really good time to be a Derby fan.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Wolves ITK friend says Wolves have rejected bids from Man Utd and Liverpool - and gave him a chunky new deal (with the help of Mendes) to keep him around.

He looks like he has a lot of potential. But players don't always live up to expectation. He looked great in the Championship. But in reality, the Championship isn't really a good standard of football.

If Neves really was a top player, he would have made the Portugal World Cup squad ahead of players like Joao Mario and Adrien Silva who both looked nothing more than solid players for West Ham and Leicester.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wouldn’t look too much into it. Last year,  Celtic battered Sunderland 5-0 in the game before they played us in the first game. Reading have also drawn against besiktas, Fulham and Ruben Kazan this season, all away. If we were going to put any weight into it, then Reading can either be competitive and a pain to play against or when they’re bad, they’re really bad.

Celtic beating Sunderland 5-0 was probably a sign of Sunderland's season to come. Reading were terrible at the back-end of last season. Seems their only decent player, Liam Moore, wants out too.

I think they will struggle again this season. May even go down.

31 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Forsyth may not end up being first choice this season but you haven't an earthly clue as to how Lampard sees him. You seem to be another one of those 'fans' who has a real downer on an individual player and uses every opportunity to have a dig.

I don’t have a downer on him nor am I sentimental either . So once players like Forsyth, Thorne etc who have been payed handsomely whilst playing well, can no longer perform to the required level. They should be binned off and not handed ridiculous contract extensions. If you see that as a dig, well it’s not meant to be. It’s just my honest appraisal of his ability, or more accurately, lack of ability 

Archived