Replica Kits - The rules!

drgoodspeak

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

It was found for me in a charity shop in Swadlincote.  In mint condition with none of the greying on the badge you got when you over-washed it.  Cost me £7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pic of your wife then??

Almost did then. Sometimes I have to remind myself this is a very public formum, I’m not sure she’d appreciate that. On top of the regular posters there’s literally 10s of people who lurk just waiting for an idiot to post a picture of their wife in a footy shirt. 

Mind you though, I bet it’d be a good way to get my like to post ratio up. And after all, that’s what it’s really all about. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

The chat on the Marriott thread about getting a name on the back of your football shirt got me thinking about the “rules” in terms of replica strips.

I think everyone has their own views on when (and how much of) you would wear a replica kit, so I thought it would be interesting to try and find out.

Consider these questions:

As an adult….

1.      Would you wear a replica shirt? Yes.

2.      Where is acceptable to wear it? Football games providing it's a retro top, otherwise whilst playing football only.

3.      Do you buy a home and away shirt? If yes, what is your system for when and where you wear each shirt? I haven't bought an away shirt for years, probably since the Black Kappa one. 

4.      Do you wear the current shirt, or go retro? I wear the Retro, auto windscreen one. 

5.      Would you wear more of the kit than the shirt? I have a couple of pairs of Derby shorts for the gym. 

6.      If yes to 3. what and where? N/A

7.      What’s the cut-off age for it to be acceptable for a fan to wear the full strip? 5-a-side, wear what you want at whatever age you want. In a pub, if you're legally there, you're at least 6 years too old. 

8.      Would you get a player’s name on the shirt? No. I used to. My last one, I believe, was Kris Commons. It was more for a windup more than anything else, 

9.      Would you put your own name on the shirt? No. 

10.   Do you get the 69 number on your shirt every season? Please god, no one admit to this! NO!

1.      Would you wear a replica shirt? Yes

2.      Where is acceptable to wear it? Anywhere really, but mostly at the match. Foreugn holidays of course. 

3.      Do you buy a home and away shirt? If yes, what is your system for when and where you wear each shirt? Have done, but times are hard and I have an ex wife to fund. 

4.      Do you wear the current shirt, or go retro? Current, but retro is no problem - its just a matter of cashflow. 

5.      Would you wear more of the kit than the shirt? God no. But I have often thought the club should produce lingerie, as let's be honest it's primarily a male dominated fanbase, and what fella wouldn't want to see his missus/bird/clunge wearing it? Make it almost tasteful and she might even wear it. 

6.      If yes to 3. what and where? Er, odd question - a shirt, from the shop? 

7.      What’s the cut-off age for it to be acceptable for a fan to wear the full strip? Before "big school" age 

8.      Would you get a player’s name on the shirt? No. The sod woukd have signed for F*rest by the time I got home 

9.      Would you put your own name on the shirt? Pretentious, moi? No

10.   Do you get the 69 number on your shirt every season? No. I'm a dick, but not that much of a dick. 

1.      Would you wear a replica shirt? At the match, on holiday, whilst playing football

2.      Where is acceptable to wear it? As above

3.      Do you buy a home and away shirt? If yes, what is your system for when and where you wear each shirt?  I just buy shirts if I like them.

4.      Do you wear the current shirt, or go retro?  Retro, usually - mainly because I don’t often like any of the newer kits to purchase nowadays!

5.      Would you wear more of the kit than the shirt? No

6.      If yes to 3. what and where? N/A

7.      What’s the cut-off age for it to be acceptable for a fan to wear the full strip?  Dunno - ten?

8.      Would you get a player’s name on the shirt?  no

9.      Would you put your own name on the shirt? no

10.   Do you get the 69 number on your shirt every season?  I am not a top “lad” full of “bants”, so no.

5 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

The chat on the Marriott thread about getting a name on the back of your football shirt got me thinking about the “rules” in terms of replica strips.

I think everyone has their own views on when (and how much of) you would wear a replica kit, so I thought it would be interesting to try and find out.

As an adult….

1.      Would you wear a replica shirt?

2.      Where is acceptable to wear it?

3.      Do you buy a home and away shirt? If yes, what is your system for when and where you wear each shirt?

4.      Do you wear the current shirt, or go retro?

5.      Would you wear more of the kit than the shirt?

6.      If yes to 3. what and where?

7.      What’s the cut-off age for it to be acceptable for a fan to wear the full strip?

8.      Would you get a player’s name on the shirt?

9.      Would you put your own name on the shirt?

10.   Do you get the 69 number on your shirt every season?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Whatever floats my boat 

4. Either 

5. No

6.  -

7. 10

8. No

9. Good god no

10. No 

6 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

As an adult….

1.      Would you wear a replica shirt? Yes

2.      Where is acceptable to wear it? Match live or watching on tv in pub if on holiday

3.      Do you buy a home and away shirt? If yes, what is your system for when and where you wear each shirt? Usually only the dark away shirt but not every year

4.      Do you wear the current shirt, or go retro? Current-ish!

5.      Would you wear more of the kit than the shirt? No

7.      What’s the cut-off age for it to be acceptable for a fan to wear the full strip? Kids only but reluctant to give an age as some grow up quicker than others

8.      Would you get a player’s name on the shirt? No

9.      Would you put your own name on the shirt? No

10.   Do you get the 69 number on your shirt every season? No, I'm not Lockie Ferguson

7 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

As an adult….

1.      Would you wear a replica shirt? - Yes

2.      Where is acceptable to wear it? - Pretty much everywhere, especially in this weather

3.      Do you buy a home and away shirt? If yes, what is your system for when and where you wear each shirt? Only usually buy one, usually away as I find the home one a bit boring, essential for matches

4.      Do you wear the current shirt, or go retro? Mixture, currently in the 'Argentina' top

5.      Would you wear more of the kit than the shirt? I have shorts but avoid wearing them with replica tops

7.      What’s the cut-off age for it to be acceptable for a fan to wear the full strip? Think I stopped at 11

8.      Would you get a player’s name on the shirt? Yes, sadly no-one has stood out in a while - contemplating Lawrence but not until September

9.      Would you put your own name on the shirt? No

10.   Do you get the 69 number on your shirt every season? No. Sick of getting propositioned, LOL

I’m just sat in the garden of my local in Oakham wearing the new England training top ( bought to wear at the semi final and final ?) plus white Derby County shorts from about four years ago . More than comfortable to wear in summer as one poster has said.

Favoutite rams top is the Puma orangey away strip from the first season at PP. Got stopped at the Wembley play off final by several rams fans saying “best shirt here today, mate 

Like to be a bit different so generally go for the away or third strip, but do have to say that I really like this seasons first team home/ white strip . So have agreed to compromise with myself and buy both the home plus purple training top for this season .

Whilst on the subject of kits I’m looking to get rid of some old rams and England tops I no longer want. Some years back there were some charities that collected these things and sent them for kids and folk in difficult parts of the world. Anyone know of anything similar ? 

24 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

There's a nipple visible right there. David will come over a little queer when he sees that.

Oops - I think I'm 1 warning point off a month ban - too late to photoshop that nipple out now - i await my fate... probably see you all at the start of the season x

17 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

As an adult….

1.      Would you wear a replica shirt?

Yes

2.      Where is acceptable to wear it?

Football games and casual - as I don't live near Derby, I like to show off my team and it starts conversation. Obviously I wouldn't wear it for gatherings or anything like that, just day to day knocking around

3.      Do you buy a home and away shirt? If yes, what is your system for when and where you wear each shirt?

Home - at the price they charge, it'd take something special to make me buy the away

4.      Do you wear the current shirt, or go retro?

Typically current, but also some a few seasons old

5.      Would you wear more of the kit than the shirt?

No

7.      What’s the cut-off age for it to be acceptable for a fan to wear the full strip?

8.      Would you get a player’s name on the shirt?

I had Vydra last season but this was to cover up a red mark which transferred onto my shirt in the heat of last summer..and nobody wants that.

I will get a name this year due to the Mind partnership as this is close to my heart

9.      Would you put your own name on the shirt?

Not since I was 13.

10.   Do you get the 69 number on your shirt every season?

Tempted

17 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

You get a like for the 95/96 shirt. But it should be the yellow away one. Best kit ever!! I bought a kids one for my wife, she looks great in it. 

Isn't this just wrong, or is it just me??

17 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

It was found for me in a charity shop in Swadlincote.  In mint condition with none of the greying on the badge you got when you over-washed it.  Cost me £7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pic of your wife then??

This is just wrong ?

38 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Isn't this just wrong, or is it just me??

This is just wrong ?

To be fair, she’s had 3 kids since I bought it her, so I’m not sure it would fit so well any more. 

But 10 years ago, it fit perfectly, if a bit snug in certain places. 

Like daveo i have last years fluorescent one for cycling.....other than that i wouldn't be seen dead in one.

they are for kids.

adults look plonkers in them. Especially blokes. And especially  if they have their  name on the back.

19 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Like daveo i have last years fluorescent one for cycling.....other than that i wouldn't be seen dead in one.

they are for kids.

adults look plonkers in them. Especially blokes. And especially  if they have their  name on the back.

............and especially if they’re overweight!

Archived