Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

I still think goalkeeper is our weakest position. Poor old R.K got slaughtered for a mistake at wembley that any number of other defenders could have cleared. Roos made a royal rooster up all of his own making and nobody says a dicky bird about it....we need a new no1 in my opinion if we are to be consistantly competitive this season.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, superzak said:

Roos made a royal rooster up all of his own making and nobody says a dicky bird about it....

I don't think that is quite true, and if it is would it be preferable for us all to be slaughtering him then?

2 hours ago, superzak said:

I still think goalkeeper is our weakest position. Poor old R.K got slaughtered for a mistake at wembley that any number of other defenders could have cleared. Roos made a royal rooster up all of his own making and nobody says a dicky bird about it....we need a new no1 in my opinion if we are to be consistantly competitive this season.

Not true. He didn't suffer the same abuse that Keogh has but he did suddenly go from @making the position his own' to League 1 standard.  It seems like we have made enquiries about one or two different options but we may not be able to fulfil every requirement in a single window anyway.

Roos and Carson are both decent quality at this level and with Bielik and Clarke sat in front to shore up our defence, I'd favour a winger and a creative / attacking mid as the priorities with the latter top of my list.

Think Roos is good enough, not quite sure what substantiates all the negative comments? One noteable mistake in one game...he has done a lot more good than he has bad, he had a brilliant run of games towards the end of last season and made some good stops. His distribution is on par if not better than SC, he is a lot younger and cheaper. Maybe if we could collectively as a team stop crosses coming into the box the keeper might stand a better chance...

2 hours ago, chewbacca said:

Think Roos is good enough, not quite sure what substantiates all the negative comments? One noteable mistake in one game...he has done a lot more good than he has bad, he had a brilliant run of games towards the end of last season and made some good stops. His distribution is on par if not better than SC, he is a lot younger and cheaper. Maybe if we could collectively as a team stop crosses coming into the box the keeper might stand a better chance...

Or if he actually came off his line for the odd cross?

23 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Or if he actually came off his line for the odd cross?

When Roos first came into the side he did come out for crosses and appeared to be more than competent. His confidence seems to have gone and you do wonder why - it was noticeable long before Wembley.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

When Roos first came into the side he did come out for crosses and appeared to be more than competent. His confidence seems to have gone and you do wonder why - it was noticeable long before Wembley.

I cannot see where you think Roos' ability to come for crosses has changed. He's 27 and never shown any ability bar as a shot-stopper.

4 hours ago, Saity said:

Does anyone really think we are capable of top two with Roos in Goal ? Thats got be our aim surely whether this season or next

We need better

I'd imagine Batman or whatever his name is will be one of the next transfers.

9 hours ago, superzak said:

Um... Not totally true. The guy got a load of crap on Instagram from Derby 'fans' over it, rather harshly. Not being funny, but it's a flipping game at the end of the day... No need for people to attack him personally when he's on holiday on social media... 

... Sorry, it annoys me. Rant over ?

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

Will someone let me know if there's any actual Carson transfer rumours? 

Not really in a perhaps, could be, maybe sense of the word, possibly, but not sure type of scenario, allegedly. I think, if that helps answer your question, wrr.

20 hours ago, chewbacca said:

He rarely catches anything and it causes us problems. 

44 minutes ago, Rample said:

He rarely catches anything and it causes us problems. 

To be fair that is why he is a Championship goalkeeper. 

I cant think of many goalkeepers that we have had at this level, or in fact many goalkeepers at all at this level, who command the area the way they should with all of the protection the have from referees.

Butland is apparently the best goalie in the league by miles. But yesterday royally stuffed one up.

I would take a new keeper if the right guy became available at the right price but would also be happy to wait and see through to Jan window.

I funds are limited (which they surely are) then putting it to a creative player rather than goal keeper would be my view.

Archived