Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

No, it was all his issues summed up in one game's highlights.

Don't think you were getting my original post. I wasn't saying that I wanted Carson in between the sticks at the start of the year I was more implying that I didn't want Carson or Roos ! 

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You want me to keep going? Carson was a liability last season, he's dining on his reputation from the year before. 

It is unfortunate, because I do agree with the notion than he's probably the best since Poom, if not then very close, but I think it's one back injury too many coupled with his lack of distribution ability.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

It is unfortunate, because I do agree with the notion than he's probably the best since Poom, if not then very close, but I think it's one back injury too many coupled with his lack of distribution ability.

The season before he was absolutely brilliant for us, but there is no place for sentiment in football. I genuinely don't have faith in Carson to ever get back to that level, so I think where possible we should move him on.

Perhaps there is more to his 'injuries' than we are aware.

I remember being at West Brom away in the cup and he did something (i can't remember what), but it was in a period of time where he was doing strange things, kicking the ball to the opposition players, running out of his box when he shouldn't etc...anyway, I said to my mate words to the effect, he doesn't look like he is all there mentally.  

You could just tell the decisions he was making weren't those of someone who had his whole mind on the game.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Perhaps there is more to his 'injuries' than we are aware.

I remember being at West Brom away in the cup and he did something (i can't remember what), but it was in a period of time where he was doing strange things, kicking the ball to the opposition players, running out of his box when he shouldn't etc...anyway, I said to my mate words to the effect, he doesn't look like he is all there mentally.  

You could just tell the decisions he was making weren't those of someone who had his whole mind on the game.

Didn’t the downturn in form coincide with him opening some sort of mma gym or something? Maybe too much of his focus has been on that.

7 minutes ago, Floppy Sausage said:

Didn’t the downturn in form coincide with him opening some sort of mma gym or something? Maybe too much of his focus has been on that.

I wasn't aware he did that.

There were rumours as to why he wasn't playing which I won't post on here as not fair to him, they made sense as to why he went from being Englands number 1 (in our eyes) to not even getting on our bench.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Don't think you were getting my original post. I wasn't saying that I wanted Carson in between the sticks at the start of the year I was more implying that I didn't want Carson or Roos ! 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

You want me to keep going? Carson was a liability last season, he's dining on his reputation from the year before. 

I really hope we don't start the season with Roos, if we choose to sell Carson so be it, but we need a new first choice keeper.

Would like to see us pick up a mid-20s long term option, but he has to be an improvement on what we have.

34 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Top class goalkeeper required, probably on loan could save us 8-10 points. Carson was capable of tgat.

Was - but the crux of the matter is he still capable of returning to the form he was in the season before last because there's no doubt, last season he was a long way off that level of performance.

I believe carson's contract runs out end of this season so surely we would be lookin to sell as he is definitely an asset at 33

If we loan him out and then he leaves for free next summer I'll be disappointed 

I suppose if there's no interest in buying him though, there's not much you can do about it 

33 minutes ago, Jram said:

I believe carson's contract runs out end of this season so surely we would be lookin to sell as he is definitely an asset at 33

If we loan him out and then he leaves for free next summer I'll be disappointed 

I suppose if there's no interest in buying him though, there's not much you can do about it 

Exactly, they know we want him off the wage bill and you can only get a fee if there is competition for his signature from clubs prepared to pay a fee. And that isn't the case. I suspect we'll loan him out while probably paying half his wages similar to Shackell when he went there

Archived