Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Can’t see him in any training photos today on the official site. That or my eyesight has shat itself. 

To be fair I'm sure it said in the paper that Carson, Holmes and Marriott had knocks and weren't risked for the Bristol game.

I can't see Marriott or Holmes in them either. 

Maybe getting treatment.

If we do let Carson go then a new number one is paramount.

35 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

These rumours of his departure. They are all a bit of a Roos if you ask me 

In all seriousness, I can't see Carson sitting on the bench and fading away if Roos is the first choice.

Although the thought of good wages and an easy life might appeal to some. I am sure Carson would still think he has something to offer for a coule of years yet and then he can play second fiddle for a few seasons

Welcomed news for me, he’s been on the decline for a while now. First game back last season and he conceded 4 at Villa. The Leeds game he flapped and cost us a second. He just doesn’t fill me with confidence, 33 and lacking quality good move from Derby to move him on.

As a goalkeeper , a traditional goalkeeper Carson is still head and shoulders above the rest at the club. But the requirements of a goalkeeper have changed somewhat in the modern game . Goalkeepers need to be more technical and play as more of a sweeper with benefits . For me Roos isn't good enough either , he's not far off just question his decision making at times and I can't see him improving . 

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

Ah yes, the day he forgot that the sole purpose of Derby County isn't in fact to further the career of Tom Ince at the expense of everyone else, even going so far as to pay his mum £700k for no reason whatsoever. I suppose I shouldn't be too harsh, it had been drilled into them for two and a half years and he wasn't the only one that day to forget.

Seriously though I don't think I've ever forgiven him for that performance, which is probably a bit harsh on my part.

However seeing Butland opposite him that day pulling off a couple of world class saves and then seing Carson letting in a couple of soft goals is just one of those things that sticks in the mind, especially in a match where we seemed determined to make a team as awful and clogging as Gary Rowett's Stoke City look miles  the better footballing team!

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Ah yes, the day he forgot that the sole purpose of Derby County isn't in fact to further the career of Tom Ince at the expense of everyone else, even going so far as to pay his mum £700k for no reason whatsoever. I suppose I shouldn't be too harsh, it had been drilled into them for two and a half years and he wasn't the only one that day to forget.

Seriously though I don't think I've ever forgiven him for that performance, which is probably a bit harsh on my part.

However seeing Butland opposite him that day pulling off a couple of world class saves and then seing Carson letting in a couple of soft goals is just one of those things that sticks in the mind, especially in a match where we seemed determined to make a team as awful and clogging as Gary Rowett's Stoke City look miles  the better footballing team!

I'm genuinely shocked that Butland hasn't forced a move to the prem by now - I'd be really frustrated if I was being held in the Championship because of a big pricetag. 

Must be on good money though, I guess.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

1 game

QPR away - at fault for their goal, parried a freekick straight to their player

Leeds away - at fault for the 1st goal, flapped at a corner he could've caught

Sheff W away - poor positioning on their goal

Wigan home - poor positioning for their goal

No doubting he has been our best keeper probably since Poom but in terms of quality he is going downhill now, we got his best season but I can't see him getting to them standards again. I don't think Roos is the answer but offers more quality in terms of what we are trying to do in terms of building out from the back, plus Roos has much more speed both in terms of reactions & coming out like a sweeper keeper, Carson looked slow & laboured last season, not sure if he was injured.

Archived