Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, HiltonoRama said:

Haven't seen any better keepers than either Roos or Carson on show this weekend, sure if we could get Allisson from Liverpool but otherwise does anybody know of any better keepers available?

Adrian released by West Ham. 

13 minutes ago, HiltonoRama said:

Haven't seen any better keepers than either Roos or Carson on show this weekend, sure if we could get Allisson from Liverpool but otherwise does anybody know of any better keepers available?

I like the sound of Bachmann: he did very well out on loan, has impressed whenever afforded the opportunity at Watford. I'm positive that he would be a very good signing. The only issue is that he wouldn't be ours as it's unlikely we would be able to sign him permanently. 

Roos does get a rough ride, especially as he's largely done very well bar the odd incident. Wembley obviously will create a cloud of doubt, but he played 16 times in the Championship last season, kept six clean sheets and only conceded 14 goals. Last season, Carson played double the games and kept one clean sheet less. Carson was insanely good during the 17/18 season, but Roos hasn't done bad at all. He's produced results expected of a top Championship keeper. 

38 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I like the sound of Bachmann: he did very well out on loan, has impressed whenever afforded the opportunity at Watford. I'm positive that he would be a very good signing. The only issue is that he wouldn't be ours as it's unlikely we would be able to sign him permanently. 

Roos does get a rough ride, especially as he's largely done very well bar the odd incident. Wembley obviously will create a cloud of doubt, but he played 16 times in the Championship last season, kept six clean sheets and only conceded 14 goals. Last season, Carson played double the games and kept one clean sheet less. Carson was insanely good during the 17/18 season, but Roos hasn't done bad at all. He's produced results expected of a top Championship keeper. 

i agree with you IMO a winger should take priority over a keeper

1 minute ago, Seth's left foot said:

Why is it? A box to box midfielder is different to a keeper who is in decent form and was dropped to force him out.

He’s better than Roos.

Because his back is made of glass, he can’t save anything at his feet because he can’t get down anymore, he looks like a confused child with the ball at his feet and he doesn’t fit the style of football Cocu wants to play. 

Just now, Srg said:

Because his back is made of glass, he can’t save anything at his feet because he can’t get down anymore, he looks like a confused child with the ball at his feet and he doesn’t fit the style of football Cocu wants to play. 

Hmmm, not sure about your medical diagnosis but agree about his two left feet.

After seeing Lawrence tonight I’m questioning my judgment on our players anyway ?

On 04/08/2019 at 23:20, HiltonoRama said:

Haven't seen any better keepers than either Roos or Carson on show this weekend

I actively thought Roos did well - Only things he really had to deal with was a very good save/block and a decent punch out from a corner

10 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

After seeing Lawrence tonight I’m questioning my judgment on our players anyway ?

Nice to know the Lawrence haters are starting to crawl back into their boxes ? 

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I actively thought Roos did well - Only things he really had to deal with was a very good save/block and a decent punch out from a corner

Nice to know the Lawrence haters are starting to crawl back into their boxes ? 

And the great control from Lawrence's 'shot'.

39 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Surely not? 

Nottingham Forest are plotting a move for goalkeeper Scott Carson from rivals Derby County, Football Insiderunderstands.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-nottingham-forest-plot-late-summer-raid-on-rivals-Derby-county-cocu-ready-to-offload/

If there is any truth in this as they already have four keepers is make them pay absolute top dollar

He would be a very good signing for Forest, certainly considering the 'talent' they currently have in the middle of their sticks. I personally would only like to see him go if we have someone else coming through. Roos is decent enough, but Mitchell doesn't fill me with much confidence. 

Archived