Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

A City fan I know has texted me to say that Carson is signing for Man City and that a young keeper is coming our way on loan for a season as part of the deal. Zac Stefan? Never heard of him.

I think it’s pretty much a given that Carson will move to City permanently, but getting Steffen on loan in part exchange would be unreal. He was playing regular football in the Bundesliga last season and looks to have done a pretty decent job at that level. He’d be an outstanding signing at championship level.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I would just like to point out that we may need those penalties saved with the amount given against us and he gave far to many corners away and not once did I see him catch a cross - looks ok though 

5 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

A City fan I know has texted me to say that Carson is signing for Man City and that a young keeper is coming our way on loan for a season as part of the deal. Zac Stefan? Never heard of him.

That would be an amazing bit of business.  Zac Steffen is the US national team keeper.  He cost City a reported 7m GBP last year and has spent this season on loan at Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Love an unsubstantiated rumour me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Zack Steffen is the first choice for the United States, plus of all positions that's the one where they've hit more than others. I'm not too knowledgable about how good he is, but did notice when he signed for Man City. I guess it does make sense as Carson helps them with their homegrown issue and Steffen helps us with our, er, quality goalkeeper issue. 

I just hope for the love of god he's better than the other City keeper that went out on loan last season and landed not too far from Derby. 

Archived