Jump to content
Topram

Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Recommended Posts

I can't believe we've let him go on loan and not replaced him, stupidity itself.

Who else can we get to sit on the bench game after game while picking up a small fortune?

Let's hope Roos doesn't pick up a knock, although that's not likely in the most physical position on the field, where players are notorious for missing games through injury.

Crazy stuff DCFC, let's hope theres enough in the kitty to get Keogh some goalie gloves, just in case.

Share this post


Link to post

Beam me up, Scotty. Great goalkeeper. Says it all going to Man City. Clearly did.not want to go. All the best Scott... What a guy.

Share this post


Link to post

Which season wasn't great for him then? 😂

Good luck to him, and will add to his winners medals.

Man City now have 2 keepers that have won the Champions League, neither are their first choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, rynny said:

Which season wasn't great for him then? 😂

Good luck to him, and will add to his winners medals.

Man City now have 2 keepers that have won the Champions League, neither are their first choice. 

Doesn't read like he was too fussed about leaving. "No bad feelings..."

I'm assuming the opportunity came along for him to go to Man City and for us to free up some dollar and it made too much sense to turn down. 

Is it wrong to hope their keepers pick up knocks and he gets a successful spell in the team. Maybe plays in the CL v Real or Barca.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Doesn't read like he was too fussed about leaving. "No bad feelings..."

I'm assuming the opportunity came along for him to go to Man City and for us to free up some dollar and it made too much sense to turn down. 

Is it wrong to hope their keepers pick up knocks and he gets a successful spell in the team. Maybe plays in the CL v Real or Barca.

That's what I thought, was strange way of wording it. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Doesn't read like he was too fussed about leaving. "No bad feelings..."

I'm assuming the opportunity came along for him to go to Man City and for us to free up some dollar and it made too much sense to turn down. 

Is it wrong to hope their keepers pick up knocks and he gets a successful spell in the team. Maybe plays in the CL v Real or Barca.

No bad feelings perhaps his way of saying

 “I know I got demoted to No2 but hey, it was good before, life moves on and Man City have come along with some serious dosh for a season and I just might play in the odd big game. Hope you all understand why I’d move on under the circumstances and all the best”.

Well that’s how I’m interpreting it and wish him well, he’s been very good a few years, then struggled after the odd knock, but did enough to remember him for all the good games.

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

No bad feelings perhaps his way of saying

 “I know I got demoted to No2 but hey, it was good before, life moves on and Man City have come along with some serious dosh for a season and I just might play in the odd big game. Hope you all understand why I’d move on under the circumstances and all the best”.

Well that’s how I’m interpreting it and wish him well, he’s been very good a few years, then struggled after the odd knock, but did enough to remember him for all the good games.

More or less exactly how I read it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

More or less exactly how I read it as well.

Just means what it says. Carson knows he is the best keeper who had a dodgy patch and did not get back in. All players have dodgy patches in their careers. 

Share this post


Link to post

We might not need his playing skills anymore but he was one of my favorite players so bit disappointed to see him leave. 

Good luck to him, hope he enjoys the new training sessions.

Share this post


Link to post

I’m sure Carson knew we in the business of shedding big wages. Feels like he was told he had to go  

good goalie and seems like a sound bloke. All the best. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.