Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe we've let him go on loan and not replaced him, stupidity itself.

Who else can we get to sit on the bench game after game while picking up a small fortune?

Let's hope Roos doesn't pick up a knock, although that's not likely in the most physical position on the field, where players are notorious for missing games through injury.

Crazy stuff DCFC, let's hope theres enough in the kitty to get Keogh some goalie gloves, just in case.

46 minutes ago, rynny said:

Which season wasn't great for him then? ?

Good luck to him, and will add to his winners medals.

Man City now have 2 keepers that have won the Champions League, neither are their first choice. 

Doesn't read like he was too fussed about leaving. "No bad feelings..."

I'm assuming the opportunity came along for him to go to Man City and for us to free up some dollar and it made too much sense to turn down. 

Is it wrong to hope their keepers pick up knocks and he gets a successful spell in the team. Maybe plays in the CL v Real or Barca.

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm assuming the opportunity came along for him to go to Man City and for us to free up some dollar and it made too much sense to turn down. 

Is it wrong to hope their keepers pick up knocks and he gets a successful spell in the team. Maybe plays in the CL v Real or Barca.

That's what I thought, was strange way of wording it. 

22 minutes ago, Alpha said:

No bad feelings perhaps his way of saying

“I know I got demoted to No2 but hey, it was good before, life moves on and Man City have come along with some serious dosh for a season and I just might play in the odd big game. Hope you all understand why I’d move on under the circumstances and all the best”.

Well that’s how I’m interpreting it and wish him well, he’s been very good a few years, then struggled after the odd knock, but did enough to remember him for all the good games.

43 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

No bad feelings perhaps his way of saying

“I know I got demoted to No2 but hey, it was good before, life moves on and Man City have come along with some serious dosh for a season and I just might play in the odd big game. Hope you all understand why I’d move on under the circumstances and all the best”.

Well that’s how I’m interpreting it and wish him well, he’s been very good a few years, then struggled after the odd knock, but did enough to remember him for all the good games.

More or less exactly how I read it as well.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

More or less exactly how I read it as well.

Just means what it says. Carson knows he is the best keeper who had a dodgy patch and did not get back in. All players have dodgy patches in their careers. 

• 4 months later...

That’s interesting. Seem to recall when his contract was announced that there was a one year extension option, but didn’t think for a second that it had been triggered. Still think his Derby career is over mind, but maybe we can get some money for him if city want him to fill their home grown quota.

• 6 months later...

Archived