Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No surprise at all that. Can’t blame him for wanting to keep that gig going, it’s easy money for him and he can start doing his coaching badges whilst working under one of the best managers in the world. Good luck to him.

Arteta has left mate, he's only got Fraudiola to learn from.

Another £150m on defenders should do it.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, you’ve got a point ?

I'm only messing, love watching his teams play, but can you imagine signing a 29 yr old CB for £60m?

It's so far from our experience that it's not even the same game really.

I suppose teams in the leagues below us will see us paying wages of £500k to a 35 year old keeper and say the same mind.

1 hour ago, Taribo said:

Is it strange that it’s a loan again? I’d imagine MC are paying 100% of his wages and hopefully a loan fee. Wouldn’t it genuinely be best for all parties if it was a permanent? 

Last season there was no loan fee but they did pay 100% of his wages. 

10 hours ago, Taribo said:

Is it strange that it’s a loan again? I’d imagine MC are paying 100% of his wages and hopefully a loan fee. Wouldn’t it genuinely be best for all parties if it was a permanent? 

Everyone wins this way, we save his wages, City don't have to pay a fee and Carson gets his money

I'd imagine he is planning on retiring end of this season?

• 4 months later...

According to the Mail, we've blocked him making this a permanent move during the window because we need the recurring £500k loan payments we're apparently getting for the current deal (another payment due soon). It also says Scotty and Man Citeh aren't happy as a result.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9161181/Manchester-City-infuriated-Derby-block-permanent-goalkeeper-Scott-Carson.html

Can we not negotiate a transfer fee that lets us pay the wages, as a favour from the Citeh owner to his incoming second cousin?

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

According to the Mail, we've blocked him making this a permanent move during the window because we need the recurring £500k loan payments we're apparently getting for the current deal (another payment due soon). It also says Scotty and Man Citeh aren't happy as a result.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9161181/Manchester-City-infuriated-Derby-block-permanent-goalkeeper-Scott-Carson.html

Can we not negotiate a transfer fee that lets us pay the wages, as a favour from the Citeh owner to his incoming second cousin?

If Man City aren't offering us at least £500k to sign him from us, then they're being incredibly stingy for a team of their standing, and it's entirely reasonable we would turn down a transfer that brings in less for us than the current loan arrangement does. If they want him now they'll just sign him on a free in the summer, anyway.

With that said, I feel like this article's most likely just another case of Matt Hughes coming up with a story with only loose relation to reality as a pretext to have some digs at Derby.

Absolutely right.... Why should we do city any favors with the billions they have?? They want have him for free and avoid the patient.... Stuff that....

Well played to the club for holding out.... City can sign him a pre contract now any way for the summer....

Seems to me too be cooked up to avoid paying us and giving carson a significant signing fee... 

They can afford it and Carson's happy sitting on his hands so stuff em 

Bloody media big club bias again 

Archived