Craig Bryson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

I suspect it's because Aron Gunnarsson, the Iceland captain, is now on a free as he ran down his contract but has yet to sign an offer. I guess Warnock has got cheesed of with waiting and plumped for Bryson instead.

Whilst Gunnars was a great servant I'd prefer Bryson to Gunnars any day.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the specific deal, the option to buy only tends to be valid while the loan is still active. Therefore by Bryson returning to Derby it meant that either you didn't want him or he didn't want to go. Obviously something has changed since then and I wouldn't be surprised if it's because of Lampard's view now that he's worked with the squad for a few days.

The £1.75m would have had to be a bid rather than a pre-agreed fee we had to accept if it was no longer part of the loan-to-buy option.

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We need to reduce the squad. And we need to reduce the age of the squad. It's a shame to see Brys go, but it's the right strategy and he deserves to join Hughes, Hendrick et al in the Prem and show them what our once Rolls Royce midfield could have done. We'll all remember that hattrick against the gumps, especially me as I've got his (tiny) boots from that day!

Pray tell master @Carl Sagan, how did that happen? 

2 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

I’m allowed an opinion. 

Whats that got to do with the fact he’s sold. Was a different manager last year. As you can see I’m from west London born in derby so clearly I know a bit about Brentford. 

This is a forum and I have my feelings about it and therefore I can say what I want. 

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I had the pleasure of interviewing CB for a fanzine at the start of last season just prior to his wedding. He has been one of my favourite players for a good while and I’m gutted that he’s leaving. When I interviewed him he was committed to staying at Derby for the rest of his career. He’s a favourite because when given a run of games he is a total dynamo with boundless energy who will win the ball and set things going. I simply don’t firkin get this “he’s 31 and past his prime”. Absolute rubbish ...HE’s just hit his prime FFS...remember Gordon Cowans? Gerry Daly? Bruce Rioch? Archie Gemmill? ...

So Cardiff are getting a steal and if he stays injury free will do so well in the Prem. Thanks Bryso...you will be missed. Top top footballer and a great bloke with a brilliant dry sense of humour. 

He’s past at 31 seemingly but  he’s just beat all his derby teammates by a massive amount in a pre season run 

i don’t get this he’s finished because he’s 31 as Bryso will Play to he’s 40 he’s as fit as a fiddle and like Ella fella says he would have been happy to see out his career at derby If circumstances had been different 

35 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Very sad about this indeed....he could have been great for us again.

Time for us all to move on i suppose.

Just hope we get Palmer in now,we seriously need some pace and agility in the midfield.

Elsnik

24 minutes ago, valleyram said:

He’s past at 31 seemingly but  he’s just beat all his derby teammates by a massive amount in a pre season run 

i don’t get this he’s finished because he’s 31 as Bryso will Play to he’s 40 he’s as fit as a fiddle and like Ella fella says he would have been happy to see out his career at derby If circumstances had been different 

He can run all day, nobody can question that, or his commitment. And that’s why he will always be remembered fondly by this Ram. 

But there’s being fit enough to run a lot in straight lines, and fit enough to thrive and cope with the rigours of regular football. And sadly, Craig breaks down all too often. 

He isn’t past it though, at 31. In his prime really. 

Wish him good luck if this comes off. Good servant.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Without knowing the ins and outs of the specific deal, the option to buy only tends to be valid while the loan is still active. Therefore by Bryson returning to Derby it meant that either you didn't want him or he didn't want to go. Obviously something has changed since then and I wouldn't be surprised if it's because of Lampard's view now that he's worked with the squad for a few days.

The £1.75m would have had to be a bid rather than a pre-agreed fee we had to accept if it was no longer part of the loan-to-buy option.

I agree with your point about a bid rather than set fee after a loan deal.

I'm guessing that Warnock was holding out for Gunnars and for whatever reason it stalled so he bit the bullet and went for Bryson. I'm of the view that Bryson is a better aquisition than Gunnars staying but the Cardiff faithful are split on this.

It’s disappointing we’ve not managed to gain promotion the past few years. But it’s players like Craig Bryson that really makes me regret the fact. Would love to have gone up with him in our squad. The bloke loved Derby County and his contribution deserved the fairy tale ending we all wanted.

One of my favourite players in recent years. A modern day Derby legend. Cheers Craig. ?

Think a lot are misunderstanding his skill set on here. He's a runner. A runner beyond but that's him done. He probably spent less time ON the ball than most others.  I don't think FL will want that. Mostly runners with the ball for me, committing opposition. CB  brilliant at creating space and seeing a run. But need a baller in there. Too many wrapped up in 2014. Worked a treat but time to move on. 

I always look at this from the flip. If he'd never played for us and the story Was about Derby signing a 31yo energetic midfielder for 1.75 m on (for arguments sake) £20k per week. Remove the romance of the Forest hat trick. I'm sure 99% of us would say 'I think we can find someone better for that kind of money'. 

Archived