Craig Bryson

DcFc Dyycheee

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Agent drumming up noise perhaps, or just obvious link after his loan for a journo?

If that's the case and given Brysons' reported love of the club and living in the area, he needs to find himself another agent and pronto.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Saity said:

How can Bryson be one of our better players???? We let him go out on loan last season ...you don’t let your best players go out on loan either!! Same goes for Martin we’ve seen the best of him time to go we cant keep living in the past ...we need better so good luck to him if he goes 

Depends if you trust the judgement of Gary Rowett or not as to whether that loan was in the best interests of our club. I will also remind you that the team Bryson was playing for won automatic promotion whilst we limped into 6th.

I don't mind the sale, largely due to Bryson likely being one of our higher earners, but the people lauding the fee are in cloud cuckoo land. 1.75 million buys jack **** the current market. We will not come close to getting a player of Bryson's talent with that money.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If that's the case and given Brysons' reported love of the club and living in the area, he needs to find himself another agent and pronto.

Probably trying to get a few more quid 

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

something niggling at me that at the end of the good season he started to fall apart and he was one of our worst players in the Brighton games.  Gave away a stupid free kick which they scored from, dropped for the final.  I think he may of lived off that purple patch (what a patch that was) which was exceptional in relation to his career.  Happy to hear alternative views as I'm going from memory

He was injured early on in the away Brighton game Hendrick and hughes were superb in the home leg - Wembley was a tough call on who should start 

Well, if he doesn’t go I shall be quite pleased.  I think (or hope) he still has something to offer.  Everybody moves on at some point, but I do think Craig has a ‘connection’ (or affinity) with the club and it’s nice to have a player or two around like that.  

Obviously, it’s still quite likely he will be leaving this summer.  For all the talk of clean slates, it often appears difficult for players who have been away on loan to reintegrate.  After all they’ve been sent out for a reason and while a new manager might fancy someone the last manager didn’t it’s bound to have some influence on his thinking in terms of ‘moving forward’. 

Our “best players” will always be subjective, not just with fans but managers. You can go from being out on loan under one manager to another’s key player. Martin being one example with Pearson shipping him out for McClaren desperate to have him back.

Bryson I’m slightly torn, admittedly I didn’t watch much of Cardiff last season for obvious reasons and can only go on his time at Derby, before he left on loan I wasn’t seeing a Bryson in his prime, I was seeing one that never really got going again after his injuries.

I know people get upset when you bring up his age and no player is getting any younger but he is 32 in a few months. That’s not something which should be brushed off when considering bids from clubs.

If we started the season with Bryson in midfield I would have concerns, can he still cut it, does he have the legs, running in training is one thing, playing games week in week out is another. Bryson hasn’t played a full season since 13/14 now, and if we’re rejecting the bid based on him coming off the bench, not necessarily playing every game you have to ask yourself for the what is best for the club.

Move Bryson on for say £2m, use the money to either pay for or a large amount towards a younger player such as Bayliss that could potentially be worth treble in a year or two, or even create a space in the team for Elsnik to show he is capable of stepping up to Championship football.

£2m might sound like peanuts in today’s market, but it’s still a shed load of money which plus wages would help balance the books as well.

For me, I would look at it and say Craig, thank you for your service, whilst I’m reluctant to label him as a legend, you will leave us with some great memories and a player that has given his all for us and for that thank you.

Let’s not forget we’re not sending him off to a League 2 club playing on muddy pitches in front of a few hundred fans, he’s getting that season in the Premier League (sorry Cardiff you’re going down and you know it) which he probably deserves having been robbed by Zamora.

26 minutes ago, David said:

Our “best players” will always be subjective, not just with fans but managers. You can go from being out on loan under one manager to another’s key player. Martin being one example with Pearson shipping him out for McClaren desperate to have him back.

Bryson I’m slightly torn, admittedly I didn’t watch much of Cardiff last season for obvious reasons and can only go on his time at Derby, before he left on loan I wasn’t seeing a Bryson in his prime, I was seeing one that never really got going again after his injuries.

I know people get upset when you bring up his age and no player is getting any younger but he is 32 in a few months. That’s not something which should be brushed off when considering bids from clubs.

If we started the season with Bryson in midfield I would have concerns, can he still cut it, does he have the legs, running in training is one thing, playing games week in week out is another. Bryson hasn’t played a full season since 13/14 now, and if we’re rejecting the bid based on him coming off the bench, not necessarily playing every game you have to ask yourself for the what is best for the club.

Move Bryson on for say £2m, use the money to either pay for or a large amount towards a younger player such as Bayliss that could potentially be worth treble in a year or two, or even create a space in the team for Elsnik to show he is capable of stepping up to Championship football.

£2m might sound like peanuts in today’s market, but it’s still a shed load of money which plus wages would help balance the books as well.

For me, I would look at it and say Craig, thank you for your service, whilst I’m reluctant to label him as a legend, you will leave us with some great memories and a player that has given his all for us and for that thank you.

Let’s not forget we’re not sending him off to a League 2 club playing on muddy pitches in front of a few hundred fans, he’s getting that season in the Premier League (sorry Cardiff you’re going down and you know it) which he probably deserves having been robbed by Zamora.

I was enjoying that read with avid intent until I hit the bracketed bit in your last paragraph. I don't know whether we are going down or not, as you don't know whether you will finish on a par, better or worse than you did last season. That's the beauty of football.

What I do know is I'd welcome Bryson with open arms but the stories that are now circulating makes it look like it may not be happening.

4 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

I was enjoying that read with avid intent until I hit the bracketed bit in your last paragraph. I don't know whether we are going down or not, as you don't know whether you will finish on a par, better or worse than you did last season. That's the beauty of football.

What I do know is I'd welcome Bryson with open arms but the stories that are now circulating makes it look like it may not be happening.

Absolutely. I hope you do a grand job and stay up there. All the best...your views on OUR BRYS reveal that you are a wise judge on football matters, “bach”. 

16 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Did I mention going down with 10 points? Relegated in the winter with snow in the air? ? 

19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yee hah. Thank God for fake news!!! Who else gets paid for printing bull$hit apart from Tory central office? 

Wow a Labour supporter living in West Bridgford do you ever feel people staring at you as you walk down the High Street

20 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Of course you're coming straight back down. It's all in the kit. Those blue shirts do you no favours...now if you had a lucky red strip?

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Depends if you trust the judgement of Gary Rowett or not as to whether that loan was in the best interests of our club. I will also remind you that the team Bryson was playing for won automatic promotion whilst we limped into 6th.

I don't mind the sale, largely due to Bryson likely being one of our higher earners, but the people lauding the fee are in cloud cuckoo land. 1.75 million buys jack **** the current market. We will not come close to getting a player of Bryson's talent with that money.

I get what you’re saying especially regarding Rowett and to be honest am really looking forward to this season , much more than I would’ve under Rowett

In my opinion we have seen the best of Bryson I don,t think he’s the player he was and certainly Cardiff fans appear pretty split on him , if we can get 1.5 -1.75 m for him I’d take it because there are players out there who we could get without spending silly money ....when i watch Harry McGuire and Delli Ali for England you have to remember both were bought from league 1 football I really wanted us to get McGuire when at Sheffield Utd under Clough and think he went for about 2m so there are players out there I also think we missed the boat reg Ollie Watkins but that maybe down to the fee we were quoted 

I met Byrs in Derby after the Hoffenheim friendly last year.

Obviously he had not had the best season the previous year and it didn’t look like Rowett fancied him.

i mentioned this and asked him if he was still enjoying it at Derby and he told me “ey I fooking love it still”.  The language surprised me as he was with his Mrs and another couple. He went off to Cardiff a few weeks later.

Chatted to him for 5 minutes and he’s a top top bloke.

That said I’d take 2 Million for him. Not sure we’d see the class act that played so well with CM those seasons if he stayed and would wish him every success if he moved on.

Kind Regards

Gangway D from the terrace

21 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

He deserves his shot in the Premier League after helping them to promotion. Gutted to see arguably a club legend leave, but at that fee and at that age, you can't argue with it.

All the best, Bryso! 

Been away and just clicked on to see this and perfectly sums up my thoughts.

He deserves his shot at the Prem, will always be a hero but near £2m at his age is a very, very good deal for him and us.

Good luck Craig

26 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Shared a few beers with Bryson in Cardiff...

Top bloke 

Good luck!!!

He's foul-mouthed and a drinker - get rid now!

Seriously though, he's 31 but super fit and can still play an important role for us in the Championship. If Lampard doesn't see a place in the squad for him we have to accept that. At the rumoured £1.75m I would keep him - at £2.5m, let him go.

Archived