Craig Bryson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Ffs.

please can't we just flog anya, butterfield, johnson, blackman, pearce, jerome......

No they don't want to leave us. I'm not even convinced its no buyers anymore, I think we're too cushy a number for them!

Mixed reaction from the Cardiff fans but personally I think Bryson is a great signing for us. He did a great job for us last year, ran his socks off and just left the opposition with no time on the ball which results in mistakes.

Premiership is a different ball game but I can't see us changing our style too much so @ £1.75m I think it's good business for us, and at 31 years old with a year left on his contract it's good business for you.

So we've sold a high earning, 31 year old with a year left on his contract for twice/three times what we paid for him. That seems a good deal to me. 

Even ignoring the fact that he hasnt played for us in a while and we're already pretty well covered in that area of the pitch. 

We need to reduce the squad. And we need to reduce the age of the squad. It's a shame to see Brys go, but it's the right strategy and he deserves to join Hughes, Hendrick et al in the Prem and show them what our once Rolls Royce midfield could have done. We'll all remember that hattrick against the gumps, especially me as I've got his (tiny) boots from that day!

I blame Rowett. Even Pearson could see that Bryson is a quality player. As if anyone needed further confirmation at this point that Rowett is clueless. I don't mind the sale. It's the best fee we could hope for at this stage and Bryson deserves a shot at the Premier League, but imagine being dumb enough to loan one of your better midfielders out to a rival only to see him help them win promotion. I'm already warming up my booing voice for the visit of Stoke.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I don't think he's as high a earner as most of the others, £15k I believe was the figure banded about at the time. It was a lot for us back then, but I'd guess that he'd be our 5th or 6th highest earning CM behind Johnson, Huddlestone, Thorne, Ledley & probably Butterfield as well. 

£1.75m is good money. I highly doubt there would have been a new deal for him here anyway. 

I do wish him the very, very best. Quite rightly, very much a fan favourite. 

Totally agree and if you factor in approx £15k per week in wages saved that means over £2.5m for a 31 year old in the final year of his contract.Good servant but now it’s time to move onto the future.

2 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

I’m allowed an opinion. 

Whats that got to do with the fact he’s sold. Was a different manager last year. As you can see I’m from west London born in derby so clearly I know a bit about Brentford. 

This is a forum and I have my feelings about it and therefore I can say what I want. 

When you feel you have to state you're entitled to an opinion (which obviously you are) I do begin to wonder whether you really believe what you're saying.

Strange timing seeing as he was on loan there with a reported option to buy. If Cardiff wanted him and Bryson wanted to go, would they not have activated that option before he returned to Derby and went away on a training camp?

Alternatively, Bryson is happy to stay and FL wanted to take a look at him in the early stages of pre-season. After seeing him, he's decided that we're better off cashing in on him. If this is what's happened then fair enough, it's better for both parties. I think it's more plausible than the first scenario at least.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Perhaps, but he's not hit the heights he set himself when we offered him the contract. 

A direct quote from a Cardiff fan: ''Well all Bryson did last year was chase shadows . Usually arrived too late to catch any unfortunately. What a disappointing signing. We will need a bit more than hard work next season. At the moment the midfield looks nowhere near the required standard.''

The height of his time here came from the link between him & Martin. Unfortunately, it seems both have had their time here. 

The Cardiff fan should remember that Bryson would have been playing behind Gary Nadine - a far cry from running on to the flicks and passes of one Chris Martin!

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I really like bryson but don't think he's good enough for the PL. Will be out of the team by November and out on loan in January. 

On that basis I reckon so will most of the Cardiff squad that got promoted

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Strange timing seeing as he was on loan there with a reported option to buy. If Cardiff wanted him and Bryson wanted to go, would they not have activated that option before he returned to Derby and went away on a training camp?

Alternatively, Bryson is happy to stay and FL wanted to take a look at him in the early stages of pre-season. After seeing him, he's decided that we're better off cashing in on him. If this is what's happened then fair enough, it's better for both parties. I think it's more plausible than the first scenario at least.

I suspect it's because Aron Gunnarsson, the Iceland captain, is now on a free as he ran down his contract but has yet to sign an offer. I guess Warnock has got cheesed of with waiting and plumped for Bryson instead.

Whilst Gunnars was a great servant I'd prefer Bryson to Gunnars any day.

Archived