John Terry - Appointed assistant manager at Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Add two decent full backs,a good centre half and a mobile powerhouse in midfield and you’d not be far off!  

Just a CDM that actually plays CDM will do for me. The rest will sort itself out from there.

I wouldn't want John Terry just because I don't think his behaviour is consistent with how I want my club represented. I think some things are more important than winning games.

I also don't understand the clamour. We've lost one game to a very good side. Let's look at our centre half options if we want to make a change and drop Keogh: Wisdom, Pearce, Tomori, Evans, (even Huddlestone who played there for large parts of his first stint with us). I think we've got enough in the house personally.

This season I hope for top 8. We have a rookie manager learning his way. We have a huge revolution going on in playing style and in turnover of players.  We may hope to be challenging for promotion but we shouldn't just expect it. Let's let the players adjust to Lampard's style. Let's let Lampard work out his best 11 and refine his tactics. By next summer 10 players may have departed and he'll have a smaller squad and understand his team and the strengths and weaknesses much more.

We don't need everything today. I am tired of having transition after transition season as the next person. But you don't bring long term stability by looking for short term fixes

24 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I wouldn't want John Terry just because I don't think his behaviour is consistent with how I want my club represented. I think some things are more important than winning games.

I also don't understand the clamour. We've lost one game to a very good side. Let's look at our centre half options if we want to make a change and drop Keogh: Wisdom, Pearce, Tomori, Evans, (even Huddlestone who played there for large parts of his first stint with us). I think we've got enough in the house personally.

This season I hope for top 8. We have a rookie manager learning his way. We have a huge revolution going on in playing style and in turnover of players.  We may hope to be challenging for promotion but we shouldn't just expect it. Let's let the players adjust to Lampard's style. Let's let Lampard work out his best 11 and refine his tactics. By next summer 10 players may have departed and he'll have a smaller squad and understand his team and the strengths and weaknesses much more.

We don't need everything today. I am tired of having transition after transition season as the next person. But you don't bring long term stability by looking for short term fixes

Agree. If we are going to spend more money spend it on a decent Prem defensive midfielder as that is where we are lacking at present but I think we need to give Evans a go.....need to give it some time for the new players to bed in and Frank work with them....

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree. If we are going to spend more money spend it on a decent Prem defensive midfielder as that is where we are lacking at present but I think we need to give Evans a go.....need to give it some time for the new players to bed in and Frank work with them....

Or we could wait for Huddlestone to get fit and not knee-jerk into more signings

2 hours ago, Gritty said:

You’ll be happy that Clement was sacked then !

Archived