John Terry - Appointed assistant manager at Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

4 hours ago, Rample said:

Many many years ago (maybe even on a different forum) there was speculation near deadline day that Tommy Smith was going to leave (I think that was it, rather than rumours of him signing), and somebody offered that he couldn't be going because they had seen him in B&Q buying patio furniture.

If I've got it backwards it was he's signing because they saw him buying patio furniture. 

No, you're absolutely spot on! What a time to be alive that was. 

We ended up selling him for 500k in the end, which was quite frankly horrible. 

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, cheron85 said:

God I hope not - That's round the corner from my parents - I don't mind the idea of him signing for us (assuming we lose at least 1 other CB) but I don't want to have to see him in the real world

Bet ya dads more worried than you ?

5 hours ago, Rample said:

Many many years ago (maybe even on a different forum) there was speculation near deadline day that Tommy Smith was going to leave (I think that was it, rather than rumours of him signing), and somebody offered that he couldn't be going because they had seen him in B&Q buying patio furniture.

If I've got it backwards it was he's signing because they saw him buying patio furniture. 

You have it bang on. Even that it was in another forum. 

Smith was gone in a matter of days. 

4 hours ago, Rample said:

This is probably my only ever claim to fame, from the old DET forum days. I lurk but rarely post these days. Was my mate who worked in Homebase at kingsway and it was when speculation was rife about tommy smith leaving. He’d just sold him a patio set and, come on, who buys a patio set in derby just before your about to move to London?! So I posted this tid bit to allay everyone’s fears. Evidently tommy smith, that’s who. Left the next week lol. Screenshotted this to my mate the other day for a chuckle. Maybe it was the shoddy Homebase workmanship that pushed him away, maybe if it had been a much misquoted B&Q set he’d have stayed. Maybe we’ll never know...

40 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

This is probably my only ever claim to fame, from the old DET forum days. I lurk but rarely post these days. Was my mate who worked in Homebase at kingsway and it was when speculation was rife about tommy smith leaving. He’d just sold him a patio set and, come on, who buys a patio set in derby just before your about to move to London?! So I posted this tid bit to allay everyone’s fears. Evidently tommy smith, that’s who. Left the next week lol. Screenshotted this to my mate the other day for a chuckle. Maybe it was the shoddy Homebase workmanship that pushed him away, maybe if it had been a much misquoted B&Q set he’d have stayed. Maybe we’ll never know...

I think this is the closest to the second-coming of Jesus we'll ever get. 

Enjoy the moment, DET forum survivors! 

48 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

You are, in all seriousness, my hero.

5 hours ago, Rample said:

I was a B&Q lurker for weeks after. 

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You are, in all seriousness, my hero.

Mine too. He mixed up "your" and "you're", which gave me the excuse to post this wonderful little gem...

651534392_Yourvyoure.jpg.b409524751a728e95f59563f64dd1b4d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Played golf with Nial Horan yesterday... Must mean it is only a matter of time. 

Horan's a member of a golf management team. He does support work and training with professional golfers. I imagine that also includes rich folk who like a bit of golf.

Could be a Derby link ofc, but there's no certainty. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Horan's a member of a golf management team. He does support work and training with professional golfers. I imagine that also includes rich folk who like a bit of golf.

Could be a Derby link ofc, but there's no certainty. 

Tongue was firmly in cheek... 

15 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Tongue was firmly in cheek... 

Fair enough. 

There were people suggesting it in seriousness on twitter so I couldn't know. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived