John Terry - Appointed assistant manager at Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mackay was 33-34

Mackay came to teach 20 year old roy mcfarland and 18 year old john robson how to play

not sure that our 30 year old defenders need that?

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, richinspain said:

Just announced his retirement as a player.

John Terry has not retired, he has simply come to a place where no club wants him. I wonder if Billy Davies will also soon be announcing he has retired from management for the same reason.

5 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

John Terry has not retired, he has simply come to a place where no club wants him. I wonder if Billy Davies will also soon be announcing he has retired from management for the same reason.

Spartak Moscow wanted him, move broke down as he didn’t fancy moving his family out there some media outlets reported. Well known he doesn’t want to play against Chelsea so that rules out the PL, how many Championship clubs can afford him?

32 minutes ago, David said:

Spartak Moscow wanted him, move broke down as he didn’t fancy moving his family out there some media outlets reported. Well known he doesn’t want to play against Chelsea so that rules out the PL, how many Championship clubs can afford him?

The whole not wanting to play against Chelsea is just daft if true. He's effectively made himself unemployable at the highest level if that is a true deal breaker for him. TBH - I think his Prem days were already behind him, the States or China were both an option but it sounds like it's all a bit too much like hard work for John to be away from London.

I guess you can look at it one of two ways. Either he is a spoilt toerag who should stop feeling so entitled that he can no longer earn six figures to kick a ball. Or, if you come down on his side, you would say good on him, going out at the top and nice that he can choose to do what he wants with his life.

I'm more former than latter and think Terry would benefit from looking at Lampard and the way he managed his twilight years - some great success at Man City followed by a nice little cameo in New York, just to get a last couple of years out of his talent.

18 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

The whole not wanting to play against Chelsea is just daft if true. He's effectively made himself unemployable at the highest level if that is a true deal breaker for him. TBH - I think his Prem days were already behind him, the States or China were both an option but it sounds like it's all a bit too much like hard work for John to be away from London.

I guess you can look at it one of two ways. Either he is a spoilt toerag who should stop feeling so entitled that he can no longer earn six figures to kick a ball. Or, if you come down on his side, you would say good on him, going out at the top and nice that he can choose to do what he wants with his life.

I'm more former than latter and think Terry would benefit from looking at Lampard and the way he managed his twilight years - some great success at Man City followed by a nice little cameo in New York, just to get a last couple of years out of his talent.

Pretty sure Bruce confirmed it at the time, if it wasn't an issue and the wages were more affordable I think a few PL clubs would have taken him for a season. Warnock right at the front of the queue.

I think to be honest this retirement is something to do with Villa and a coaching/assistant role, a role that is probably a better career move for him now than a year out in the MLS or China. 

Archived