John Terry - Appointed assistant manager at Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've thought the same, derby telegraph ran the headline 'Terry agrees to sign for Derby, just a total misleading headline.

The Daily Star are the only paper to actually say it is happening, plus betting odds being short. Other than that it is guess work.

I know Jody Morris is a done deal and we are waiting for Rowett to take his merry men with him before we anounce Morris, so if Terry is coming in as a coach it could be the same situation.

It just really strikes me as an odd move for a rookie manager to make - Before he's even looked at/met the squad (assuming they're on break now?) he goes out and signs one of his mates, who will probably be on megabucks, for a single season, in a position we already have a selection headache - Not going to endear him to the squad I would imagine

However as much as dislike Terry he is a great player and has loads of experience - If he came in as first team coach of something similar I would be pretty okay with that - Lampard deals with getting us to attack and Terry works out where our defence is going wrong

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

He's been working on his badges during International Breaks etc. since 2017. Don't know if he actually has any though.

If he'd been working on them that long and still hadn't passed any, we definitely wouldn't want him as coach

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

If he'd been working on them that long and still hadn't passed any, we definitely wouldn't want him as coach

He might have the early ones - coaching badges aren't an achievement that gets splurged all over the news. But a year of working on them for a week and a half every few months isn't a ton of time.

Frank doesn't have all of his and he worked on them almost full time for 18 months. 

1 hour ago, Waffle said:

He’s in George’s Belper, rumoured to be making a move to Birds. 

More to follow

I told him the £1 lunchtime offer ended at 2.30pm and he showed quite a turn of pace. 

My boss was at a business meal last night and he claimed that he was told by someone at the meal who said that Terry should be unveiled on Thursday.

I have no knowledge if this is right or not, but thought I’d share at least.

5 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

My boss was at a business meal last night and he claimed that he was told by someone at the meal who said that Terry should be unveiled on Thursday.

Unveiled? Like at Madame Tussaud’s or something?! ?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-manchester-arsenal-12655133

Lamps will move for Terry, if Curtis Davies goes.

Lampard and Derby owner Mel Morris are both ready to keep Davies as skipper.

But Morris is cutting his budget and may accept a bid of around £3million for the defender after paying just £500,000 for him a year ago on a release clause after Hull’s relegation.

17 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

He’s in Greece so that’s not happening, his wife is sharing pics on Instagram which the tabloids are running stories off.

Also I would be very very very surprised if we see Terry wearing a Derby shirt next season. 

3 hours ago, David said:

He’s in Greece so that’s not happening, his wife is sharing pics on Instagram which the tabloids are running stories off.

Also I would be very very very surprised if we see Terry wearing a Derby shirt next season. 

To be honest, I sincerely hope you’re right!

Not that fussed either way. If he's coming, it'll be player/coach and on the cheap.

If he's not, we'll live.

That article makes the link seem more sensible but there’s still questions in my mind. Does Davies really want to go? Can’t see any indication that he does so can’t see the logic in selling him for 3 million then using most of that on terrys wages, especially considering terrys older. Not that he wouldn’t be a decent replacement in the short term mind, especially as captain, but just seems a bit of a pointless move. If we’re poo up the creek I doubt 3 mill will sort that, and that’s as much as we can hope to get at his age Imo. May as well keep him and focus elsewhere from what I can see.

Archived