Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Call me suspicious..but the fact he was in Leeds with his agent would  suggest to me that Lampard is planning for life without him..

Said this a few times throughout this thread but I was told that Vydra wanted to go to Prem beforehand the play offs last season. That's maybe he polite way of putting it too. So a lot of ways happened this summer has not surprised me at all and would expect this to reach a natural conclusion

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I think it does. Finishing in the european places does not mean you're strong in every position, it means you play in a way that benefits your strengths and obscures your weaknesses well enough to achieve it.

That's how team sports work.

Hendrick is their weakest midfielder. 

Now, saying that, I by no means agree that Dyche will regret signing him. £10m is peanuts in the grand scheme and clearly, whoever else they would have played in that position is (slightly - judging by him only playing just over half their games) worse. 

I wasn't making the point to try and suggest he wasn't worth the money - I was merely explaining that just because a team finishes in the European qualification spots does not mean that every player is of European caliber.

We will have to disagree, as I haven’t got a scooby what you are on about, not sure who mentioned he was European calibre just that he played 34 games in a team that qualified for Europe.

I may be in a minority here, I'm gutted he's left. Albeit thankful he hasn't gone to a Championship team. He's still young and learning the game, and people talk about stability, he's never had 2 seasons at the same club with the same manager. Lampard could have made him a 40 goal a season scorer in my opinion, but now we will never know.

Good luck Matej

Archived