Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

7 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Burnley value Wells at £5 million - what we paid for him.

Did not even start a single league game.

Dyche doesn't usually have signing flops. What happened? Could understand if he had a few starts but was rubbish but to ship out with 0 starts is very odd - unless he had a couple of cup starts and was rubbish!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HantsRam said:

Dyche doesn't usually have signing flops. What happened? Could understand if he had a few starts but was rubbish but to ship out with 0 starts is very odd - unless he had a couple of cup starts and was rubbish!

He wasn’t good enough for Huddersfield to keep or Burnley to start 

transfer conversation you can sell us Vydra for £11 million or have wells on loan as well as Burnley buy Vydra for £11 million 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He wasn’t good enough for Huddersfield to keep or Burnley to start 

transfer conversation you can sell us Vydra for £11 million or have wells on loan as well as Burnley buy Vydra for £11 million 

Surely even we at our most profligate haven't spunked 5m on a player and never started him (as opposed to blowing loads of cash on players who have made very few starts............completely different thing ?)

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Surely even we at our most profligate haven't spunked 5m on a player and never started him (as opposed to blowing loads of cash on players who have made very few starts............completely different thing ?)

There are a few I wish hadn’t started for us.

3 hours ago, Grantona said:

If this goes through, it strikes me as a bit of a "panic buy" by Burnley after they set their sights on Jay Rodriguez all summer.

Rodriguez wants the move but Burnley's latest bid of £16 million was rejected by West Brom last week.

And only yesterday it was reported that there are THREE other PL teams interested in JR - including Spurs whose manager Mauricio Pochettino worked with the player 3/4 years ago at Southampton. West Ham are one of the other teams and could clearly blow Burnley out regarding wages.

So, I think Dyche has reluctantly turned to an alternative. Maybe it will be Vydra, I do not know. We are supposed to want Peter Crouch but he is a completely different type of striker (Rodriguez & Vydra).

As for Europe, Burnley are underdogs against Istanbul (Adebayor, Turan, Emre, Clichy, Frei, Inler among others).

Link?!?

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

For the umpteenth time he's been injured! Stop making up shizzle to suit your argument. He may well not be in Frank's plans but the reason he's not played is that he had an operation over the summer and has NOT BEEN FIT.

Not making anything up to suit my point ....if Frank wanted him he’d not be going anywhere!!!! ...we’ll see how fit he is and  how long it takes him to play for his new team ....he’s been training with us so NOT SO BAD HE CANT TRAIN!!!!

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I actually agree with you re:Vydra, Ive never considered him in Lampards plans if I'm 100% honest but, from the pictures I've seen, up until this week he has been training individually, much like Martin and one or two others which suggests he hasn't been up to speed of the others.

Call me suspicious..but the fact he was in Leeds with his agent would  suggest to me that Lampard is planning for life without him..

Archived