Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jayram said:

Just seen on the Burnley FC forum that the deal for Vydra is believed to be £11 million + £2 million in add-ons, and no Nahki Wells.

If true we've got to be happy with that.

Hope we get to pay any ADD-ONS. The more the better.

15 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Just seen on the Burnley FC forum that the deal for Vydra is believed to be £11 million + £2 million in add-ons, and no Nahki Wells.

If so ,can't be bad business for both  clubs. Hope Vids does well for them, don't remember him requesting to leave us and he has had his critics at Derby, certainly in his first season.

Cheers Vids, and thanks for last season.

Thanks for the goals last season, you scored some crackers, will always remember the one against the red dogs, hope you have a good season in the prem with Burnley, will hope to see you score a few belters on match of the day, think ourselves and Burnley have got a fair deal out of this, see you in the premier league next season.

PistoldPete2
48 minutes ago, Jayram said:

That would be a record for the Rams beating Hendrick also to burnnley and also,ince to Huddersfield which was £11 million after the add ons. So how come it hasn't been announced as a record fee? 

Me again, nearing the end of my Mediterranean escapades and with free hotel WiFi this time. Over 300 pages now...is this a record? So Vyds is a done deal. Shame in one sense to lose someone who scored so many last season and who seemed to genuinely like the club,  but the Main Man seems to be building something special and Matej didn't apparently fit those plans. Also hopefully keeps the FFP police happy. 

My best wishes go with him (I shall have half an eye on Burnley this season) but now we move on. Talk of Wells can carry on in the Wells thread. My free hotel WiFi, with limited download capacity, can't cope with many more Vydra pages! 

Good luck to Vyds.
He came a long way from threads claiming aan unfortunate miss was somehow tthe worst thing Bris had ever seen or that he should never wear the shirt again.

Overall, business won out, he got to the prem, we got an ok price, not the£7m speculated at the start of the summer.
And he didn't eend up at leeds or snakeontrent

I’m gutted he’s leaving. Done brilliantly for Derby but right decision all round. Doesn’t fit our system, could do very well at Burnley with the likes of Wood and Vokes. Looks like we’ve got a good fee as well if the Burnley forum are right. We move on now with our new exciting and dynamic forward line.

All the best Matej. 

Archived