Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

So pleased that Vydra has gone to a premiership both for him and for us. I would have been cross if he'd gone to Leeds and was banging them in against us! His talent has been recognised and hopefully he will be appreciated and will get regular playing time in a formation that utilises his skills. I would like to thank him for being a shining light last season in what was a boring and dismal display. Thank you Vydra.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time he plays for them, I think he'll undermine everything that made them successful.

I respect the bloke and I wish him well, but this feels like a silly signing to me. Sorry to see him have to leave, but glad he's gone once the decision has been made.

I also hope I'm wrong and he scores plenty for Burnley.

http://chovanecsport.cz/2018/08/07/matej-vydra-se-vraci-do-premier-league-prestupuje-do-burnley/

I’m on my phone, so someone else can google translate although it comes out quite dodgy. 

Key point: we were basically forcing him to go to Leeds, but he didn’t want too. 

This move suits everyone down to a T. It’s very evident his time here was done, especially after reading that. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

http://chovanecsport.cz/2018/08/07/matej-vydra-se-vraci-do-premier-league-prestupuje-do-burnley/

I’m on my phone, so someone else can google translate although it comes out quite dodgy. 

Key point: we were basically forcing him to go to Leeds, but he didn’t want too. 

This move suits everyone down to a T. It’s very evident his time here was done, especially after reading that. 

How was the transfer ever born? 
"I did not know anything on Saturday night, but around ten, Ondra Chovanec called me that one club from the Premier League would be interested, but do not shout. But then it quickly drove off. I've always wanted to play in this competition, either with Derby or in this way. It was a long wait, Derby was pushing me to take Leeds. I appreciated his offer, which was above-standard, but I wanted it for my dream, so I could not sign it. I met it, everything was fast, today (on Tuesday) I underwent a medical checkup. In fact, it's baked in 48 hours. "

PistoldPete2

Atm I feel disappointed with this, too late in the window to spend the money now, and the undisclosed fee suggests we didn't get a decent fee, trying to push him out to Leeds may have been bad tactics couldn't we have checked whether he wanted to go there and then turned them down? 

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Atm I feel disappointed with this, too late in the window to spend the money now, and the undisclosed fee suggests we didn't get a decent fee, trying to push him out to Leeds may have been bad tactics couldn't we have checked whether he wanted to go there and then turned them down? 

Today and tomorrow, all the time in the world for Big Frank to come knocking at the door.....

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've already spent it! But even so there's until the end of August to do 'loan-to-buys'!

Not sure we have. Three loans...hard to say what they cost, if anything. Initial £3m for Marriott, £2.5m Flo-Jo, Evans lets say £500k?

Ince bonus for Hudds stopping up, £2m has been bandied around, £2m for Rowett, £2m for Weimann.

Not far-off square, surely? Now we have the Vydra fee, I'm guessing the Waghorn deal and a couple of others will happen. A midfielder for one.

Then it'll be a garage sale for any or all of about 10 players to go out on loan, permanent or cancelled contracts, but I bet we'll end up about even and about 5 years off the average age of the squad.

6 minutes ago, needles said:

Not far-off square, surely? Now we have the Vydra fee, I'm guessing the Waghorn deal and a couple of others will happen. A midfielder for one.

I was assuming Waghorn was bought, but yeah all square-ish with a bit saved for Jan? Although we might sell one or two 'out of contracts' then (ha ha ha!)...

Archived