Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

I’d try and roll with Marriott, Bennett and Martin now. With Martin having fitness issues I’d keep Nuge until those are resolved. 

Marriott first choice, Bennett cover, Martin as something different (as Friday looked as if we may need to play with proper pivots again.) 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

why undisclosed all the time. I hope the Wells part hasnt reduced the fee too much. It's not as if we are desperate in that position

Wells is worth what £4m? So a loan fee can't be as much as a million no way. I bet they've paid £10m + Wells loan?

8 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I may be in a minority here, I'm gutted he's left. Albeit thankful he hasn't gone to a Championship team. He's still young and learning the game, and people talk about stability, he's never had 2 seasons at the same club with the same manager. Lampard could have made him a 40 goal a season scorer in my opinion, but now we will never know.

Good luck Matej

I agree with this. If he hasn’t scored quite so many, or if a few more players in the league had scored more than him, he wouldn’t be worth as much and we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

But neither of those things happened so we didn’t. Needed to sell in the end.

9 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I may be in a minority here, I'm gutted he's left. Albeit thankful he hasn't gone to a Championship team. He's still young and learning the game, and people talk about stability, he's never had 2 seasons at the same club with the same manager. Lampard could have made him a 40 goal a season scorer in my opinion, but now we will never know.

Good luck Matej

Spot on, liked him more than Martin last season, a striker that scores goals is everyone’s favourite.

Deserves a crack at a higher level and this will help his international career if he gets games.

Leaves on a high and hopefully a good deal for all.

On 26/07/2018 at 07:44, admira said:

Howard, Hulse, Mawene, Idiakez, Kinkladze, Higgingbotham, Saunders, Wright, Laursen, Chris Powell, Short, Tommy Smith, Leighton James ... all gone within the year.

... and Vydra 

Sad to see him go but it's been clear for a while he would. Really glad it's to the Premiership and not the feckin dirties but very sad to see him leave all the same. Ace finisher, the best we've had in a while. Hopefully he does well and proves he can prosper in the top div. Cheers Matej and good luck ?

Let’s all face it we would loved to have kept Vydra but just got to face facts he’s gone for a fee (A good one we hope) but to a Prem team and not a rival. We have moare firepower in our team currently even with the squad we have. But let’s stop chasing the ghost in a CM who has done absolutely nothing for any club since leaving the Rams in 2013-14. 

Archived