Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lukedcfc said:

Can't believe we still have vydra, 11m for him is an absolute steal in the current market. Why is he still here, wage demands, preferred locations??  I am more than happy to keep him.

To sit on the bench or train with the kids? 

Get the money in!

Didn't we have a Burnley fan who used to come on here regularly ? 

If so I think Vydra will suit their style down to a tee , play off big Chris Wood , usually on the counter without having a lot of possession. Could honestly see him flourishing and getting a fair few goals. I know they had a good season last season but didn't they only get about 30 odd goals ? 

Edit :@ClaretMatt remembered the name now.

19 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Didn't we have a Burnley fan who used to come on here regularly ? 

If so I think Vydra will suit their style down to a tee , play off big Chris Wood , usually on the counter without having a lot of possession. Could honestly see him flourishing and getting a fair few goals. I know they had a good season last season but didn't they only get about 30 odd goals ? 

Edit :@ClaretMatt remembered the name now.

There’s also  @Grantona

8 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

If I were Vydra I would actually feel pretty disappointed by how Derby have treated him. Top scorer in the division last year, clearly the most talented player in the squad, yet he's being sacrificed to fund the Lampard revolution as our only significant saleable asset.

Or let’s just keep him not buy the players Frank wants and keep the Vydra lovers happy ....no player is bigger than the club and most show little loyalty either ...it’s part and parcel of football....I wish him well

8 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Can't believe we still have vydra, 11m for him is an absolute steal in the current market. Why is he still here, wage demands, preferred locations??  I am more than happy to keep him.

But Frank our manager doesn’t want him ...he’s not played once in his pre season and we haven’t missed him 

PistoldPete2
13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure what stage any deal may be at ? You would think advanced as the deadline is   Just over 2 days away.

Just now, Big Trav said:

If Vydra goes for 11 million we can easily get bryan and waghorn in. we could also go for an energetic midfielder like brownhill or that lad from brentford.

Think you forget the money we've already spent this year, the Vydra money would pretty much cover the players we've brought in

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Think you forget the money we've already spent this year, the Vydra money would pretty much cover the players we've brought in

Honestly lad im not sure. we realeased 5 players all on big wages and sold weinmann for 2.5mill and he was also on big wages. I think that this wage cut has allowed us to spend a good amount of money on transfers. OK maybe half of Vydras money will go to the club but even then we can get waghorn and maybe a midfielder. Also plenty of players look to be leaving in this window.

Archived