Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

10m for Vydra Is a snip, imagine him in an attacking side, would score goals for fun. I would be fighting hard to get at least 15m for him minimum. If he goes for 10m or less we will have been mugged and we will be seen as soft touches. I want to keep him but I can see why we may have to sell for the RIGHT price. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Topram said:

Forest are spending 15 million on a guy from Benfica who’s played 7 times, we can’t be robbed like we did with Hughes

How were we robbed with Hughes ………………….. nobody other than Watford wanted him!!

Also we are not privy to the add ons regarding appearances/retaining premiership status etc

9 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

How were we robbed with Hughes ………………….. nobody other than Watford wanted him!!

Also we are not privy to the add ons regarding appearances/retaining premiership status etc

If Villa want 40 million for jack Grealish then we got robbed let’s be honest, we sold straight away!

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

If Villa want 40 million for jack Grealish then we got robbed let’s be honest, we sold straight away!

What they want and what they get may be two entirely different things. 

And of course you have all the facts regarding the Hughes sale ……..

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

isn't it possible that a release clause was activated.  The interest in Will was widely known but nobody attempted to gazump Watford though did they?

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

isn't it possible that a release clause was activated.  The interest in Will was widely known but nobody attempted to gazump Watford though did they?

Well if we have put a clause in for that money we’ve been robbed by ourselves ?

If the offers we get represent good value to the club we will sell which is obvious but if we don’t receive good value then why sell and if we are going to play an attacking passing game of football then why not use Vydra with Martin both with records of scoring 20 goals a season for Derby in the championship as I can’t understand why they have never started together meaningfully so what if we play a conventional 442 even and use less of the fluffy players - we have so many options to change things in a game if it’s not working all the time

15 minutes ago, Topram said:

Well if we have put a clause in for that money we’ve been robbed by ourselves ?

after several failures to get promotion I wouldn't be surprised if he had insisted on a clause.  the club may have thought that the impact would be minimal given we all think the prem teams would be clamourng for his signature.  Didn't happen and with hindsight the suggested clause should have had a higher value (if that could have been negotiated.  I'm not sure what the club could have done differently in that scenario and I tend to start off believing DCFC always does the best it can.  You seem to hold a different view?

we all know he is great just a pity only Watford agreed!

On 2 June 2018 at 23:13, gccrowdpleaser said:

Championship record - In or out - is £16.11m for Neves! Followed by Assombalomga and Wood. No way Villa get more than 16 for Grealish. One average championship season and a questionable attitude. 

They will.

he is worth £25m min. Would be a great signing for any top 6 club. Could even have gone to the world cup.

Shouldn't waste his time going to Leicester. His value can only go up. I can understand £30m plus when Liverpool seem willing to pay £57m for Fekir. 

It’s a bit harsh picking Grealish’s goals and assists when, although on paper he’s a #10, he drops deep, back up play and controls the game. Very hard to stop players like this without having your DM going walkabout.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

They will.

he is worth £25m min. Would be a great signing for any top 6 club. Could even have gone to the world cup.

Shouldn't waste his time going to Leicester. His value can only go up. I can understand £30m plus when Liverpool seem willing to pay £57m for Fekir. 

I disagree but we shall see. If there's more than one club after him then it naturally inflates the price but I'm not sure he is that good. As for going to the World Cup... Not a chance. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

They will.

World cup ? He barely stood out in the championship! He's a neat little player but that's it. Not a game changer.

You just know we will get fobbed us when Vydra goes. 10m isnt enough, even 15 would be decent value for a buyer.

How much did injury prone Hogan leave Brentford to Villa for? Ross Mccormack another, Afobe etc. He should fetch 20 odd mill based of those fees, his age and the season he had here.

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

after several failures to get promotion I wouldn't be surprised if he had insisted on a clause.  the club may have thought that the impact would be minimal given we all think the prem teams would be clamourng for his signature.  Didn't happen and with hindsight the suggested clause should have had a higher value (if that could have been negotiated.  I'm not sure what the club could have done differently in that scenario and I tend to start off believing DCFC always does the best it can.  You seem to hold a different view?

we all know he is great just a pity only Watford agreed!

This is nothing to indicate that there was any release clause in his contract that he signed just 6 months earlier.  Even if true then there would have been a minimum fee attached, otherwise Watford could have paid a fiver for him.  He went because he didn’t feature in GRs plans and he cashed in, WH agreed to the move because he also knew his time was up at Derby.

The difference between that sale and the one of Vydra is that hopefully Lampard knows a good player, and therefore will not give away on the cheap if he does at all.  The only problem is if we have to sell, then we may have no choice in the fee agreed, as it may become a buyers market.

54 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

World cup ? He barely stood out in the championship! He's a neat little player but that's it. Not a game changer.

Too soon for the World Cup but he's far more of a game changer than Will Hughes ever was and he will be in demand, probably by better clubs than Watford (and I'm a WH fan).

Archived