Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

Lampard on Vydra: "He’s a key player because of what he did last year, but I’ll be looking at the squad as a whole. Listen, we know there are going to be changes, but it’s been a bit of a whirlwind and they will be footballing decisions because I want this club to stay competitive."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like it's a certainty he'll be off like we pretty much knew he would anyway. Sad really, but I actually think we'll be better off for it as a team if we can reinvest the money into young players. Hopefully a lower end Premier League team takes a gamble on him. If Rowett wants him then it better be a premium price. 

10 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

If we could get 8-10m for Vyds then bring in Mason Mount on loan that would represent decent business!

Mount would be a great replacement but not sure I'd count that as decent business with that sort of fee. He cost us £8.5 million, so to sell him for near enough the same price after he was top scorer in the league would be really disappointing 

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Sunderland are showing the way in how they're holding out for 4m for mcnair. 

We should want a minimum of 12m for vydra representing 50% return and not start talking about changing systems until we've got it ?

We'll see how good a poker player Mel Morris is over the forthcoming weeks. If the transfer of Will Hughes is anything to go by then he ain't going to be appearing on the World Poker Tour any time soon.  

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

We'll see how good a poker player Mel Morris is over the forthcoming weeks. If the transfer of Will Hughes is anything to go by then he ain't going to be appearing on the World Poker Tour any time soon.  

So far he's folded every hand. May as well lie naked face down and invite rivals to pluck free £50 notes from between his bare bum cheeks ?

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

So far he's folded every hand. May as well lie naked face down and invite rivals to pluck free £50 notes from between his bare bum cheeks ?

I see Grealish is being looked at by Festa - papers say £40m! No way is he that much better than Hughes ffs. On the other hand JT was said to have helped Grealish last season, so he could be a money spinner for us in lots of ways! 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I see Grealish is being looked at by Festa - papers say £40m! No way is he that much better than Hughes ffs. On the other hand JT was said to have helped Grealish last season, so he could be a money spinner for us in lots of ways! 

Good point Roy and that sort of complexity makes it more difficult to put a simple monetary value on a jt deal.

Even if he were occasional back up tho we still feel overloaded at cb so maybe time to cash in on one or two - depending on an honest assessment of how close our kids are. ....?

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

3 goals and 6 assists  for villa last season and they want £40 million for somebody in the championship 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

3 goals and 6 assists  for villa last season and they want £40 million for somebody in the championship 

Championship record - In or out - is £16.11m for Neves! Followed by Assombalomga and Wood. No way Villa get more than 16 for Grealish. One average championship season and a questionable attitude. 

8 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Championship record - In or out - is £16.11m for Neves! Followed by Assombalomga and Wood. No way Villa get more than 16 for Grealish. One average championship season and a questionable attitude. 

Wijnaldum and Sissoko went for 20 and 30 odd million ?

Archived