If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Can someone please explain these odds thingys?

1/7 does that mean that he’s 7/10ths our man?

No it means the weight of money gambled on the outcome suggests it is "7/8ths" likely IE. 87.5% chance of happening according to the punters.

25 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Here it is, he's a no-one

LJM (@passittosaiz) Tweeted:
I can't really tell you where it happened and who i work for but Robbie  Savage was guest of honour at a company event and he pretty much confirmed Lampard is next  Derby manager #dcfc https://twitter.com/passittosaiz/status/999671861163249665?s=17

I hope he’s right & if so this will be a great week. ‘He who’s name shall not be mentioned’ gone for approx £2m ish to Stoke (who think they’ve got one over on us ?????) and a coup in getting Frank Lampard in as replacement. 

A message to all Stoke fans following their appointment.....

018796E9-94EB-443A-A312-4D710BD1758F.gif

5 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Not many 1/7 shots get beat

Not many 1/7 shots get bet on in a 20 horse field.

14 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Can someone please explain these odds thingys?

1/7 does that mean that he’s 7/10ths our man?

It means if you want to put a bet on Fat Frank becoming Rams Manager if you put £7 on you will make £1 profit if it is right....

Doesn't ACTUALLY mean it's 87.5% likely, just that the money gambled so far indicates that way.

So if you thought it was more than 87.5% likely (probably requiring insider knowledge) then you should still bet at 1/7, if you thought it less than 87.5% likely then you shouldn't.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Not many 1/7 shots get bet on in a 20 horse field.

It doesn’t take much money in next manager markets for bookmakers to slash prices,any bets of £25 or more will have them cutting prices and they are unlikely to take any hefty beats in my experience.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Doesn't ACTUALLY mean it's 87.5% likely, just that the money gambled so far indicates that way.

So if you thought it was more than 87.5% likely (probably requiring insider knowledge) then you should still bet at 1/7, if you thought it less than 87.5% likely then you shouldn't.

How much would you have to bet to make it a worthwhile return?

I don't think he'll be the next manager.

1 minute ago, KCG said:

How much would you have to bet to make it a worthwhile return?

I don't think he'll be the next manager.

Depends what return would be classed as worthwhile!

For example you'd need to £700 to win just £100.

The smart people like 'arry would have been on him when he was 16/1.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Derby hold talks with Frank Lampard over vacant managerial role as Rams seek successor for Gary Rowett

County owner Mel Morris has had about 20 serious applicants to replace Rowett, including the Chelsea legend

The weekend? Friggin’ hell Mel! My heart can’t take that. 

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

The weekend? Friggin’ hell Mel! My heart can’t take that. 

I like that he's taking his time. We just have to hope Swansea's talks with Potter don't fall through or else they could pinch one of our top targets 

From The Mirror tweet:

Millionaire tech tycoon Morris has told pals he hopes to make an 'exciting' appointment from the candidates.

Morris now intends to consider his options over the weekend at the Championship club.

He had originally favoured a manager with Championship experience but Lampard's impressive CV could swing it.

These two lines are significant to me (from that article):

Morris wants the successful candidate to give more of County's promising homegrown youngsters a chance in future after investing in the club's academy.

He is cutting the club's first team budget but still feels Derby will be competitive for another crack at promotion after missing out in the play-offs this term.

If the former is done well, I don't think the latter will impact us too much. We have quality in our youth, and additionally - young players are known to be affected by names like Lampard.

They tend to play better in games where famous players are involved (when in youth teams recovering from injury etc.), they play better when big names (they relate to) get youth coaching roles etc. - I really think Lampard would be the best candidate for our youngsters. 

Archived