If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Define 'slightly better'. MORE tried and tested? I for one want to see the back of the dreary tripe. It wasn't the league position or the lack of 'progress' that caused me and an awful lot of others to give up my season ticket, but it was the horrible attritional and dreary 'football'.

Billy Davies or Jim Smith.

My point is that if we keep trying to appoint the best man for the job we'll eventually get the right combination of manager, players and opposition to get promoted.

If we appoint someone who was a decent player once but is still famous, yet without any evidence of them possessing any of the necessary skills of a successful football manager, we're far more likely to get relegated. By selecting a man whose contacts are all at the top of the game, we're likely to be paying out huge wages for the players he'll bring in. So relegation and bankruptcy are the logical likely results of not going for (even a little bit) tried and tested.

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Is Frank Lampard cool? I thought he was always overrated as a player and lucky to have ever been an international. To me he's about as cool as Dwayne Dibley. Not that I count coolness as a valid critter for a DCFC manager anyway.

Overrated as a player? Wow uv got high standards. He played for chelsea throughout there most sucessful time in history, winning everything u can at club level. and is their all time record goal scorer!

11 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Is Frank Lampard cool? I thought he was always overrated as a player and lucky to have ever been an international. To me he's about as cool as Dwayne Dibley. Not that I count coolness as a valid critter for a DCFC manager anyway.

Overrated? Give your head a wobble he is the best goal scoring midfielder of the Premier League era. 

16 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Overrated and lucky eh? Harry didn't agree..

12 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

what?

from central midfield for 10 consecutive seasons his goal tally was in double figures... aren't many strikers that have achieved that in the top flight, let alone a midfielder. You can question his managerial credibility but as a PL player, 177 goals and 102 assists kinda tells its own story ?

1 minute ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Overrated as a player? Wow uv got high standards. He played for chelsea throughout there most sucessful time in history, winning everything u can at club level. and is their all time record goal scorer!

Maybe. I'm probably being harsh on his playing ability, but I just don't see him as cool.

I watch 13 year old girls wetting themselves over Naill Horan and struggle to get it. I watched millions of people getting very emotional when Princess Diana died (sad for her friends and family certainly but for everyone else?) and couldn't understand it at all. The Lampard excitement seems like the same groundless mass hysteria.

He's not the messiah he's just a very naughty boy.

Just now, CornwallRam said:

Maybe. I'm probably being harsh on his playing ability, but I just don't see him as cool.

I watch 13 year old girls wetting themselves over Naill Horan and struggle to get it. I watched millions of people getting very emotional when Princess Diana died (sad for her friends and family certainly but for everyone else?) and couldn't understand it at all. The Lampard excitement seems like the same groundless mass hysteria.

Right barrel of laughs you are! ?

It seems this is actually happening. Absolutely & utterly mental - I love it! 

In all seriousness, it’s only a gamble depending on who he brings with him as the backroom staff. I imagine, well more assume, that this will be very much a joint effort by Lampard and his coaching staff. He needs experience alongside him, but more importantly - he needs coaches with genuine ability to get the best out of players. We’ve lacked that since Mac 1. 

14 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Lucky to be an international? The man has 106 England caps! And he played in a generation where Gerrard and Scholes were his central midfield competition. Look at our midfield nowadays, Frank Lampard would be the first name on the team sheet and I'd argue he'd probably be a regular in any England squad ever, although he wouldn't necessarily be a regular starter.

He's Chelsea's all-time top-scorer. He's the 4th highest goal scorer in Premier League history. I'd say he's one of the few English players who actually maximised his potential and didn't let himself down as a player. He's won absolutely everything with Chelsea domestically and was successful in his short spell across the Atlantic. We have no idea what he will be like as a coach or manager, how good he'll be or what his playing style will be. But what I'm pretty certain of is that players will want to play for him. A young English player who is in their late teens will look at Frank Lampard with awe for the very reasons listed above. That alone sets Frank above most other candidates because the media will love us and players will want to learn from one of the greatest English midfielders this millennium.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Telling me you don't have a single Niall Horan poster on your bedroom wall? I don't believe you!

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

Overrated and lucky eh? Harry didn't agree..

I tell you what - firstly, that's an incredible insight into how football used to be. I'd not seen that before. 

But also, a 17/18 y.o. Lampard dealt with that situation incredibly well haha - Poker faced throughout! 

+1 to respect for FL

23 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Wow. You really think Lampard was overrated and shouldn't have played for England? He was miles better than Gerrard, scored absolutely **** tonnes of goals and was one of the most intelligent at making deep runs on the planet, and won a silver at the ballon d'or. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Lucky to be an international? The man has 106 England caps! And he played in a generation where Gerrard and Scholes were his central midfield competition. Look at our midfield nowadays, Frank Lampard would be the first name on the team sheet and I'd argue he'd probably be a regular in any England squad ever, although he wouldn't necessarily be a regular starter.

He's Chelsea's all-time top-scorer. He's the 4th highest goal scorer in Premier League history. I'd say he's one of the few English players who actually maximised his potential and didn't let himself down as a player. He's won absolutely everything with Chelsea domestically and was successful in his short spell across the Atlantic. We have no idea what he will be like as a coach or manager, how good he'll be or what his playing style will be. But what I'm pretty certain of is that players will want to play for him. A young English player who is in their late teens will look at Frank Lampard with awe for the very reasons listed above. That alone sets Frank above most other candidates because the media will love us and players will want to learn from one of the greatest English midfielders this millennium.

106 caps in a very unsuccessful England team.

He was better for Chelsea, but consistently poor for England.

Archived