Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Typical Nixon. Says so much for knowing far little. 

To be fair, I'm not saying Nixon has knowledge or not - I don't know; but if he did it would not be in his interest to be detailed on twitter. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

To be fair, I'm not saying Nixon has knowledge or not - I don't know; but if he did it would not be in his interest to be detailed on twitter. 

It’s not so much that. It’s just saying nothing. Obviously we’re going through names and obviously Wassall wouldn’t surprise us! Nothing would anymore!

33 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Lampard is one of the explayers who gives the impression he might have what it takes in terms of understanding the game, but is untried.

The more I think about it, the an unfashionable steady manager would do the job needed, but a Dean Smith type take us the direction desired.

I think understanding the game is irrelevant.

Do you not think Roy Keane understood the game? Or Paul Ince or Maradona.

I used to see this in sales where great sales people would be promoted to managers and then suck.

The skill set for managing isn't the same as playing. Some have both, most don't.

8 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Tim Sherwood doesn't seem to be mentioned.

His record whilst managing Spurs from memory was good, encouraged youth, played football.

I am not sure why he hasn't been picked up somewhere as a manager (maybe there's a reason)?

This could be why from Wikipedia:

Swindon Town[edit]

On 10 November 2016, Sherwood was appointed director of football at League One side Swindon Town.[34] On 14 June 2017, it was confirmed that Sherwood would leave his post, following the club's relegation to League Two.[35]

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If the manager applies, that's not approaching them.

My *guess* is that Derby still would have to go and ask permission to respond.

The reason is, Roy Mac could easily have said he did apply.

I may be wrong, but that seems logical otherwise it's too easy to game the system.

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

My *guess* is that Derby still would have to go and ask permission to respond.

The reason is, Roy Mac could easily have said he did apply.

I may be wrong, but that seems logical otherwise it's too easy to game the system.

You are probably right.

19 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Tim Sherwood doesn't seem to be mentioned.

His record whilst managing Spurs from memory was good, encouraged youth, played football.

I am not sure why he hasn't been picked up somewhere as a manager (maybe there's a reason)?

Yea, he aint that good....

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

What's all this then? Some sort of journo feud?

Nah. But everyone quotes Nixon on twitter and he's always vague with his info - the sort we could make up. But Percy does seem to be #itk or so it seems. Edit: saw nowt from Nixon re Rowett but Percy pointed correctly! Lol.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Any managers a gamble, Lampard maybe more so because of his lack of managerial experience, however if we haven’t got money his reputation alone could bring in loans that are required in the short term.  Plenty of managers with experience have failed, so maybe Lanpard may not be that stupid.

Lampard is very very far from stupid appointment if all the reports of the clubs position are correct for the reasons you give above and others I’ve posted elsewhere ,, after much thought if it’s not lampard then only really smith jumps out a me once I take stock ,, problem is that if we are going down the road of trying to get our club playing a more attacking and passing less direct less counter attacking way we are going to need some better players than we have , that’s for sure and do we have the money to do what’s needed ?

2 minutes ago, archied said:

Lampard is very very far from stupid appointment if all the reports of the clubs position are correct for the reasons you give above and others I’ve posted elsewhere ,, after much thought if it’s not lampard then only really smith jumps out a me once I take stock ,, problem is that if we are going down the road of trying to get our club playing a more attacking and passing less direct less counter attacking way we are going to need some better players than we have , that’s for sure and do we have the money to do what’s needed ?

Lampard would only see this as a stepping stone and although there’s no guarantees anyone will hang around ...someone who knows the championship and who can wheel and deal on a budget is paramount I would say...and to me  that probably isn’t Lampard ...but just my thoughts archied...

no one whoever they are is any good until they’ve come in and proved it ...some good managers have failed at other clubs like ...Eddie Howe 

Archived