Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

Appointing Wassall straight away with a clear rationale of knowing the club, knowing the young players, etc, would have been a logical approach and, whilst not necessarily very exciting, understandable in my view.

However, now we have had the likes of Lampard and Smith in the mix, I think he has missed his chance to appoint Wassall now. If he does it it will be greeted with a negative response. That's not Darren's fault, just should have been done earlier.

Exciting isn't it?!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Great post Norman. A lot of opinons on here are laughable.

The role of 'support'er now seems to be assume everyone involved with the club is useless and spend most of the time slagging them off.

When did everyone become such a bunch of *****.

I'm sick of it. Whinge arses slagging off one of the best employees we have at this this club, with a long period of service. 

Calling him a puppet or clueless, or a yes man. 

If you don't find him inspiring, fair enough. I won't argue.

"But the man is at 8/1 and i'm not happy with it, so i'm going to assassinate his character, mock his son and make oit Mel controls what he gets in his weekly shop."

Makes me ******* rage. Where the **** is the respect? And that includes Shackell.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Please not Wassall. We need someone who will inspire both the players and the fans. Wassall couldn’t inspire a fish. 

If we hire Wassall then we will be accepting mid table mediocrity. It begs the question why we sacked McClaren?

Wassall is perfect for us. We can all spend our time slagging him off and try and force him out the club. I'm off to abuse his family on social media #dcfc4eva

1 minute ago, Norman said:

I'm sick of it. Whinge arses slagging off one of the best employees we have at this this club, with a long period of service. ...

Makes me ******* rage. Where the **** is the respect? And that includes Shackell.

Perhaps for some fans they've seen enough of Wassall as manager. Respect has to be earnt is the common cliché?

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Please not Wassall. We need someone who will inspire both the players and the fans. Wassall couldn’t inspire a fish. 

If we hire Wassall then we will be accepting mid table mediocrity. It begs the question why we sacked McClaren?

I think we should expect mid table next season if we want to build the team properly....

Bringing in youth players,developing then into a genuine attacking,free flowing team with increasing potential wouldn't be the work of half a season..

We need to somehow get out of our boom and bust attitude to each season and have a slightly slower burn attitude that ultimately leads to ongoing success and improvement to my mind.

Basically what rowett said he was going to do but lied and was incapable of doing anyway,the useless snake.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You can't start a season with the expectation of treading water, of not challenging - to start like that would be disaster. It's a Roger mindset...setting up to not lose. The players have to be managed by someone who believes we can win, and take things from there.

Of course the players and management have to believe that...me as a fan, i expect a mid-table season of mediocrity with an aging squad, youth and a few cheapies whilst the better players get sold.

I really hope that we don’t get Wassall and I don’t think that we will. Mel essentially hired Redknapp due to Wassall’s incompetence as a manager. It’s was an indirect way of saying “I think you’re ****, you clearly need someone to babysit you”

1 minute ago, Norman said:

I'm sick of it. Whinge arses slagging off one of the best employees we have at this this club, with a long period of service. 

Calling him a puppet or clueless, or a yes man. 

If you don't find him inspiring, fair enough. I won't argue.

"But the man is at 8/1 and i'm not happy with it, so i'm going to assassinate his character, mock his son and make oit Mel controls what he gets in his weekly shop."

One of my general gripes in life, respect and manners seem to be almost extinct...……but that's a discussion for the pub section I suppose..

20 minutes ago, Norman said:

The way some are talking about Wassall is ******* disgusting.

As far as i am concerned, he has got the academy to category 1 status, got the U18s and U23s consistently in the top division competing against the best academies going. Got good coaches, who are highly regarded in place at all levels.

Oh, and he kept us in the play-offs when Clement got sacked.

For someone who actually earns his ******* money - one of the few who actually do at this club, you can do better than having a go at his son. Or calling him clueless. Because he obviously isn't.

giphy.gif

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps for some fans they've seen enough of Wassall as manager. Respect has to be earnt is the common cliché?

But he isn't manager, hasn't said he wants to be manager and is at 8/1 because the bookies haven't got a clue.

So why the comments?

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

But he isn't manager, hasn't said he wants to be manager and is at 8/1 because the bookies haven't got a clue.

So why the comments?

I don't know ask the other posters, I just think he wouldn't have the respect needed...

I'd be happy with.....

mark robins and steve taylor

chris powell 

simmo.

i don't think we need another ego desperate to bash the squad about. We need nursing back to rude health.

Just now, Gaspode said:

I'm quite happy with the job Wass is doing with the academy - but I simply don't want him as our manager (if I'm allowed to voice that opinion....)

Why wouldn't you? I don't want him as manager either. I prefer him in the academy.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I really hope that we don’t get Wassall and I don’t think that we will. Mel essentially hired Redknapp due to Wassall’s incompetence as a manager. It’s was an indirect way of saying “I think you’re ****, you clearly need someone to babysit you”

Or mentor!

14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think we should expect mid table next season if we want to build the team properly....

Bringing in youth players,developing then into a genuine attacking,free flowing team with increasing potential wouldn't be the work of half a season..

We need to somehow get out of our boom and bust attitude to each season and have a slightly slower burn attitude that ultimately leads to ongoing success and improvement to my mind.

Basically what rowett said he was going to do but lied and was incapable of doing anyway,the useless snake.

That seems a pretty sensible way to approach it - that time frame should suit the ability of a Smith or Warburton to build that type of side.

My main concern is whether the fans are prepared to accept that - you only have to look at the post-match reactions on here (not just during Rowett's reign). Is a slow build with glimpses of looking an entertaining side enough to offset finishing say, 12th next year?

I have fought mels corner from day 1 but if he appoints wassell in front of lampard then I’m afraid he’s lost the plot ,,, this club has clinical depression hanging over it and has had since the Wembley loss and the bottlers tag stuck with some great collapses since , now I’m with those who think it’s wrong to go over the top on the wassell bashing /abusing but to appoint wassell now over lampard or even smith would be like taking a clinically depressed patient with suicidal tendencies who has perked up on anti depressants ,removing those anti depressants and prescribing large doses of cannabis and alcohol ,,,

im hoping the sudden rise in betting of wassel is a ruse(mel placing bets)  to sway those derby fans that may be unsure about lampard into thinking he’s the right man ,, please god it’s that .

Archived