Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JayRam1 said:

Put your money on Craig Shakespeare. He has been interviewed today and supposed to have impressed but don’t rule out Frank Lampard yet

If this is the case then I'll start thinking Mel Morris is actually a Forest fan. Shakespeare would be a complete disaster

Many comparing clement to lampard because it’s their first manager job ,, your an up and coming player ,do you sign for Paul WHO ?   or frank lampard.    

4 minutes ago, archied said:

Many comparing clement to lampard because it’s their first manager job ,, your an up and coming player ,do you sign for Paul WHO ?   or frank lampard.    

To be fair, I don't think we can deny there was a huge buzz when Clement signed. He was arguably the most highly rated, up and coming number 2 in the world and was expected to go on to massive things. Lampard would create a larger buzz but, ultimately, it's a very similar risk. We just have to hope, if Lampard is the man, it works out this time.

I didn’t want to say anything until I was certain...

But Lampard was spotted at Chatsworth House today, riding Private Derby around, singing Steve Bloomers watching all whilst eating a birds sausage roll. 

He is all but confirmed in my view. 

24 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Put your money on Craig Shakespeare. He has been interviewed today and supposed to have impressed but don’t rule out Frank Lampard yet

That's £5 that I'll never get back.

13 minutes ago, Waffle said:

But Lampard was spotted at Chatsworth House today, riding Private Derby around, singing Steve Bloomers watching all whilst eating a birds sausage roll. 

WHAT ,,,,,,,?  He’s meant to be at b and q buying patio furniture ,,,,,,,, 

dont know if it means anything but Christeen Brinkley was spotted in mothercare in the eagle centre this afternoon

1 minute ago, archied said:

dont know if it means anything but Christeen Brinkley was spotted in mothercare in the eagle centre this afternoon

Holy ****, Billy Joel's coming? Finally a more bizarre option than Igor!

19 minutes ago, Waffle said:

Did he save the bird’s pork pie and cream cakes for later?

7 minutes ago, archied said:

Did she have a bird’s sausage roll?

14 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Holy ****, Billy Joel's coming? Finally a more bizarre option than Igor!

******* that one up didn’t I ?hope I haven’t started a fire

Lampard would be the first to genuinely excite me as the ink dried on his contract for a long long time, in fact I’m struggling to think of one that has......and it’s utter madness. Complete and utter madness. But there is method to the madness, we’ve been told this season would be one of scaling back, introducing youth, we wouldn’t be trusting a rookie with a large transfer kitty that could go horribly wrong. 

It’s a time where the loan system may be looked at, Lampard’s name would open doors at Chelsea, possibly Man City, earn the respect in the dressing room for what he has achieved in the game. 

It is just a name, so was Clough Jr at the time to a certain extent, whilst he did have lower league experience he did bring a lot of excitement initially, not for myself personally but others, why? The Clough connection, the romance of it all. 

Lampard doesn’t have any connection to Derby, he doesn’t have any experience, but his name would bring excitement, put bums back on seats and put us under the national spotlight, giving a legend of the game his first opportunity in football. We’ve sat here all season calling for youth to be given a chance, why not extend that to the manager/head coach.

It might not happen, just a load of bets and the real name isn’t even out there yet who knows, maybe it’s the gambler in me but I would love us to go for Lampard and be the club to try him, it’s completely bonkers, and we would need an older assistant, even advisor, just someone to guide him through.

Archived