Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd to consider the reaction to most of our more successful Managers being appointed. Even back to Clough really.

Clough, Cox, TBE, Schteve - none were particularly fancied upon arrival were they.

That being said, I can't actually think of one that genuinely excited me - perhaps Billy, but that was before he outed himself as a poisonous nutter.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Lampard would be the first to genuinely excite me as the ink dried on his contract for a long long time, in fact I’m struggling to think of one that has......and it’s utter madness. Complete and utter madness. But there is method to the madness, we’ve been told this season would be one of scaling back, introducing youth, we wouldn’t be trusting a rookie with a large transfer kitty that could go horribly wrong. 

It’s a time where the loan system may be looked at, Lampard’s name would open doors at Chelsea, possibly Man City, earn the respect in the dressing room for what he has achieved in the game. 

It is just a name, so was Clough Jr at the time to a certain extent, whilst he did have lower league experience he did bring a lot of excitement initially, not for myself personally but others, why? The Clough connection, the romance of it all. 

Lampard doesn’t have any connection to Derby, he doesn’t have any experience, but his name would bring excitement, put bums back on seats and put us under the national spotlight, giving a legend of the game his first opportunity in football. We’ve sat here all season calling for youth to be given a chance, why not extend that to the manager/head coach.

It might not happen, just a load of bets and the real name isn’t even out there yet who knows, maybe it’s the gambler in me but I would love us to go for Lampard, it’s completely bonkers, and we would need an older assistant, even advisor, just someone to guide him through.

I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve ,,,, daft I know but it’s one exciting punt ,,, let’s hear all them pundits telling lampard his club are bottlers ?

I always wonder how much is actually bet on these markets and how much £100 would shift the odds. Quite a way I suspect.

I always try to see the upside with any new manager, and it's not hard to find one with a big name like Frank Lampard.

Why not? Can't see it though.

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Realise its different in that respect but Pep completely changed barca offloaded players and changed the way they played. higher pressured job if anything?

Just think Fat Frank might be a good appointment but nobody knows for sure. Im happy to take the gamble probably has loads of contacts for loans 

It was actually Johann Cruyff that did all the work at Barcelona and it was him that aranged for Guardiola to carry on his brilliance.Pep has admitted he learned everything from him.Also having a little Argentinian genius up front helps!

7 minutes ago, David said:

It’s a time where the loan system may be looked at, Lampard’s name would open doors at Chelsea, possibly Man City, earn the respect in the dressing room for what he has achieved in the game. 

Fulham, Cardiff and Villa have all had great loan signings.

So did the 2013/14 team. I think it's time we changed as a club our attitiude towards loans.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Fulham, Cardiff and Villa have all had great loan signings.

So did the 2013/14 team. I think it's time we changed as a club our attitiude towards loans.

Wonder if lookman might have come to us if it was lampard rather than rowett ?

I’d be excited by the idea of Lampard but his lack of any kind of experience would really worry me.  This is a very tough job to take on.  We’ve got a squad Frankenstein would be proud of, little money to spend by all accounts and a huge weight of expectation.  I’d expect he could tap into exciting loans from the Prem bit We’d surely have to shift some deadwood to free up space on the wage bill.  And who’s going to help with that?  From what I can see there’s absolutely no-one in place on the football side of things other than the manager, hence Mel and the FD doing the interviewing! Lampard would need a director of football   or similar with experience to work with.

1 minute ago, Kinder said:

I’d expect he could tap into exciting loans from the Prem bit We’d surely have to shift some deadwood to free up space on the wage bill.  And who’s going to help with that?  

McClaren and Rowett will help us.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

McClaren and Rowett will help us.

Nope it’ll be Lampard and Terry. That’s his No.2. Bezzie mates and once da Villa conquer Fulham No Way is JT gonna face his Chelsea. See I’ve sussed the whole damn thing. Gotcha Mel ? So do take care wishing for Lamps, there’s a sting in that one.... Johns the name. ?

27 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I wish you lot would make your minds up.hows Mel going to decide  you know he reads this forum.

Mel ,, are you up for 18 holes this afternoon and we can thrash out the reasons frank is a must appoint ?

7 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

My niece who works at Morley Hayes has just txt me to say Frank Lampard , Jody Morris and Avram Grant have been there with reps of DCFC

Frank and Jody management and Av RAM Grant.... D.O.F ??that just might work ????

That would be a great step up from GR with no D.O.F....

Av RAM must have contacts everywhere and as a D.O.F (jumping to conclusions I know) but just imagine the good faith he and FL would get from major clubs across the world too (loan market may be our strategy)

Archived