Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Wassall has gone from 20/1 to 8/1 overnight , I honestly would not be that unhappy with that. 

Screenshot_20180525-085513.png

If its Wassall then we're making a huge mistake. He's more of a risk than Lampard. And it will go to prove that he's Mel's puppet.

Plus he'll shoehorn his fifty-pence head son into the first team at some point.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I am putting it out there that I would be extremely unhappy with this if it came to pass. 

Really hope this doesn’t happen as I’m certain we will plummet with DW in charge. 

Why will we plummet ? 

1 minute ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Plus he'll shoehorn his fifty-pence head son into the first team at some point.

Come on be fair, that's harsh, Ethan was consistently the best of the U23 centre halves last season irrelevant of his surname.

Appointing Wassall will totally deflate fans and show that expectations for next season will be no more than holding a middle-of-the-table position with no real hopes of even the playoffs.

I hope it doesn't happen and don't think it will. 

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Come on be fair, that's harsh, Ethan was consistently the best of the U23 centre halves last season irrelevant of his surname.

Judging by the games I've seen him play, fifty-pence head is a compliment.

If he's one our best centre halves, then that explains why not many break through to the first team.

Anyway, we're off topic now.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Appointing Wassall will totally deflate fans and show that expectations for next season will be no more than holding a middle-of-the-table position with no real hopes of even the playoffs.

Think that's got to be the expectation whoever manages the team IMO. Not exciting, I know.

The way some are talking about Wassall is ******* disgusting.

As far as i am concerned, he has got the academy to category 1 status, got the U18s and U23s consistently in the top division competing against the best academies going. Got good coaches, who are highly regarded in place at all levels.

Oh, and he kept us in the play-offs when Clement got sacked.

For someone who actually earns his ******* money - one of the few who actually do at this club, you can do better than having a go at his son. Or calling him clueless. Because he obviously isn't.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Think that's got to be the expectation whoever manages the team IMO. Not exciting, I know.

You can't start a season with the expectation of treading water, of not challenging - to start like that would be disaster. It's a Roger mindset...setting up to not lose. The players have to be managed by someone who believes we can win, and take things from there.

12 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

As I said in a previous post dazzler is an unfashionable choice but it makes sense in a lot of ways....

I suppose after all the lampard excitement it would be a bit like getting a pair of trainers from Burton's when you really wanted those Adidas kicks to impress your mates (showing my age there).

But...he got us playing good attacking football (after a few matches) last time,got us back to the play offs and knows the academy players better than anyone.

Probably the best placed candidate to actually do what Mel wanted in playing the Derby way and bringing in cheaper younger players both from the academy and outside.

Plus he would cost us very little to employ and has the least risk out of the lot of them.

So I can understand why his odds have shortened.

Id still rather have Warburton or smith but I would be happy with anyone of the four in truth with the caveat that we also change the structure of the club and hopefully get a director of football in too to ensure continuity in the future...that's the most vital part to my mind.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

The way some are talking about Wassall is ******* disgusting.

As far as i am concerned, he has got the academy to category 1 status, got the U18s and U23s consistently in the top division competing against the best academies going. Got good coaches, who are highly regarded in place at all levels.

Oh, and he kept us in the play-offs when Clement got sacked.

For someone who actually earns his ******* money - one of the few who actually do at this club, you can do better than having a go at his son. Or calling him clueless. Because he obviously isn't.

Great post Norman. A lot of opinons on here are laughable.

The role of 'support'er now seems to be assume everyone involved with the club is useless and spend most of the time slagging them off.

When did everyone become such a bunch of *****.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Please not Wassall man, be the least inspiring appointment ever. Strikes me as a yes man with little tactical insight

Little tactical insight. He's got the 23s playing some good stuff with all his best tools taken off him. Sound like a familiar job in hand ? 

Archived