Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Stoke fans on their forum saying things like promotion is a must etc. No pressure, Gary.

It's why it's a huge risk for him to go. It clearly is simply to do with money and nothing else. With that tweet stating he's the highest paid manager in the division with the biggest budget, it's not surprising.

He's far more likely to be sacked this season now than he was if he stayed. We looked as though we were seriously going to give him the time to re-shape the squad and build something here. Barring a disaster I don't think he'd have been sacked this season even if we were nowhere near the play-offs. Plenty before him have been sacked for less here.

He better hope he hits the ground running. He's got high expectations and the budget to match, I personally can't see him lasting.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Hilda sez i owt ta chuck mi name inta hat fer managers job . 

You'll have to learn English first, so you can be understood when giving the team talk.

If you can't manage to do it before pre-season training, I'm available to come in and translate.

Not sure what is more galling.

Stoke being favourable over us, Rowett's lack of loyalty, Mel reaping what he's sewn the last 3 or 4 years by having a manager jump before he's pushed, or the list of potential replacements.

Snake, Judas many words to simplify Mr.Rowetts decision. At the same time would you turn down a pay rise and a war chest to push promotion ? 

Loyalty is not part of this game as it once was, sad but true. Best of luck Gary, you talk a fantastic game but have never seen you produce one out of your players.

PistoldPete2
9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Stoke fans on their forum saying things like promotion is a must etc. No pressure, Gary.

I will give him six months. A poOr mans tony pulis, as Stoke fans will quickly find out.

3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

You'll have to learn English first, so you can be understood when giving the team talk.

If you can't manage to do it before pre-season training, I'm available to come in and translate.

He said ‘Hilda recommends that he applies for the vacant manager’s job’ ?

He can have the biggest salary in the division, he can have the biggest budget in the division, but I highly doubt it will be plain sailing for Rowett at Stoke. I think that the pressure will be far too much for him to handle.

Even with parachute payments, even with backing from Coates, even if some of their better players decide to stay, nothing is guaranteed.

Six months ago, while Stoke still had a chance of Premier League survival, it would have made sense. But knowing how difficult it is to get out of this division, I think it's more of a risk than staying here would have been.

He's basically walking into a promotion or bust situation, whereas here he was one year into the job and had more job security than any manager we've had since Clough.

Archived