Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, eddie said:

So far as I can fathom, Stoke approached Derby for permission to approach Rowett, and that makes Rowett a scum bucket according to a lot of people on here. Now I made no secret of the fact that I didn't like the football we were playing under Rowett, but some of the comments in here by certain posters are frankly embarrassing.

Not as embarrassing as Gr.

this was his dream job wasn't it?

stoke was put to bed in Jan so why have they re approached us?

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

One of the few places that would be improved by a nuclear weapon.

Worked there for a year and it made me thoroughly miserable.

You've seen Stoke, looks like one's been used already....

12 minutes ago, Ramathorn said:

Hope he doesn’t get loads of crap off kids at school, the lad wouldn’t derserve that.

I’m not sure why he would. I don’t see any reason why kids at school would think Rowett a snake unless their dads tell them. 

And I think their dads wouldn’t be wrong to do that. 

Jesus guys, the Rowett hate in here is getting a bit much. Maybe derby was his dream job, but a recently premier league team with money to burn come knocking, and you’re saying he’s not even allowed to listen to their offer. 

‘If he comes back we should sack him.’

What tosh. It would take someone with the kind of loyalty that simply doesn’t exist these days to not at least want to hear what they’re offering. And if they’re offering twice what we are, then why not. Everyone’s got a price. I can’t really blame him for that. 

But then I just try to see the best in everyone. 

Maybe he refused them before he vos he could see they were going down, and we might be going up. So maybe it’s  all about what the best option is at the time. That’s a bit selfish, but it’s a fairly sensible career move. Now why’re knocking again, they’ve got more money, if he believes he can organise them and keep some prem quality players, maybe he believes he’s got more chance of getting them up. 

When he steers is to a 10th pace finish next season, under a restricted budget, he may never get a chance like this again. 

Again, I can’t really blame him for making what is probably a good career move. So the full on hate ‘he’s worse than billy davies’ etc is a bit much, isn’t it?

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m not sure why he would. I don’t see any reason why kids at school would think Rowett a snake unless their dads tell them. 

Jesus guys, the Rowett hate in here is getting a bit much. Maybe derby was his dream job, but a recently premier league team with money to burn come knocking, and you’re saying he’s not even allowed to listen to their offer. 

What tosh. It would take someone with the kind of loyalty that simply doesn’t exist these days to not at least want to hear what they’re offering. And if they’re offering twice what we are, then why not. Everyone’s got a price. I can’t really blame him for that. 

Maybe he refused them before he vos he could see they were going down, and we might be going up. So maybe it’s  all about what the best option is at the time. That’s a bit selfish, but it’s a fairly sensible career move. Now why’re knocking again, they’ve got more money, if he believes he can organise them and keep some prem quality players, maybe he believes he’s got more chance of getting them up. 

When he steers is to a 10th pace finish next season, under a restricted budget, he may never get a chance like this again. 

Again, I can’t really blame him for making what is probably a good career move. So the full on hate ‘he’s worse than billy davies’ etc is a bit much, isn’t it?

Indeed. Yes his actions are self serving but. Who can blame him. Most of us would do the same. The difference is we are fans. He isn’t. I never bought into the ‘I love the club stuff’ it never really rang true to me. Similarly I don’t like him any less today than I did before. I’m glad he’s going. 

I just want his replacement to get us playing football again. 

18 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Much worse than davies -  at least he was a grumpy **** from the start and didn't make ******** promises .  

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Big mick just left Ipswich because he was fed up with the fans moaning?? Which suggest he’d walk out here by September 

Complete nonsense!

He wouldn’t make it past the pre-season friendlies ?

Archived