Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlier in the year we were asked  whether Rowett should be sacked, should keep his job or weren't sure.

I said I wasn't sure because I didn't think the club could afford to sack him and bring a replacement in. 

Well, consider my prayers answered. Not only is Rowett gone but we didn't even have to sack him, we got paid handsomely for him. 

What a deal by Mel. I've not often praised him, but that's a good deal. Now let's just hope his next appointment is better.

Just got back from four hours in Salisbury Hospital having completely ruptured my achilles tendon. Nine weeks now with my foot immobilised but it's still been a bloody good day because there's a chance now that we may try to play football again (unlike me for a while!!)

I've seen a lot of Stoke fans comment 'at least he's not a dinosaur'. 

The only difference between him and those managers classed as 'dinosaurs' is the fact he has less wrinkles and hasn't been in management for 15+ years. 

He is the very definition of a dinosaur when it comes to playing style, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've seen a lot of Stoke fans comment 'at least he's not a dinosaur'. 

The only difference between him and those managers classed as 'dinosaurs' is the fact he has less wrinkles and hasn't been in management for 15+ years. 

He is the very definition of a dinosaur when it comes to playing style, etc. 

Give them 3 months of Rowetts boring hoof ball and they will be heading down the A52 to support Derby.  

18 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

D735248D-6A90-497A-9FC8-6DB5004CAEAC.thumb.png.ef27a4a3f4280eeab9c4a183b04e69dd.png

Anyone know anything about if his coaching team have gone with him too? Strange they’re still listed if they have. 

He will definitely take Summerfield and Sale. Probably Poole too.

Archived