Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

All he cares about is getting to the Prem, soon as we didn't show that we would risk the clubs future to get there he ******* us off. Guy is full of **** in my eyes. Said exactly what us and Mel wanted to hear, acted all pally at Q&As then ditched out first time a suitor winked in his direction. Shameful really.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when the going got tough, Rowett left stage left. I suspect he's looked at the criticism of the style of play this season & calculated that anything less than a spectacular start would see him sacked in any case - ergo why bother showing loyalty to finish the job, particularly with a reduced budget.

There are some clubs where Rowett's style wouldn't be viewed as a problem (Stoke & Leicester spring to mind of the local clubs). Clearly the expectations here are different & I think both Rowett & Morris have only realised this belatedly, as the Pearson experiment was never allowed to run its full course. It would also explain in part Morris' total lack of resistance to Rowett's move (although the £2m probably helped).

I can't wish Rowett good luck because I can't view Stoke as a step up - it feels like a desperate attempt to jump ship rather than a genuine career progression. He's also going to find Stoke a real challenge, even with a large budget & the support of a very good chairman in Peter Coates. Their squad is absolutely toxic at the moment & has real parallels with the noises coming out of Sunderland exactly 12 months ago. Careful what you wish for Gary...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44027903

Elated he has gone. He is massively over rated and will fail with Stoke, cannot wait to see them struggle. The thing is with Rowett he is a good talker, he comes across as being in control and knowing his stuff, reality is he isn’t as good as he thinks he is. We fluked our way into the playoffs and this season never felt right. 

I hope in some way his departure motivates the players for next season. 

Personally I cannot wait to hear 30,000 rams fans abuse him.

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

'' think with funds he will expand his style of play slightly and erect a new philosophy at the football club
Exciting times ahead of us'' 

I almost feel sorry for them. They seem to have not watched any of Rowett at any of the 3 clubs he was at.

I don't feel sorry for them at all. I am amused by the whole thing.

Anybody up for buying some rubber snakes and chucking them at Rowett alongside a load of abuse as he gets of the coach. Also wouldn’t funding the posh toffs in the west stand to all chuck some at him as he walks out the tunnel. 

17 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

So when the going got tough, Rowett left stage left. I suspect he's looked at the criticism of the style of play this season & calculated that anything less than a spectacular start would see him sacked in any case - ergo why bother showing loyalty to finish the job, particularly with a reduced budget.

There are some clubs where Rowett's style wouldn't be viewed as a problem (Stoke & Leicester spring to mind of the local clubs). Clearly the expectations here are different & I think both Rowett & Morris have only realised this belatedly, as the Pearson experiment was never allowed to run its full course. It would also explain in part Morris' total lack of resistance to Rowett's move (although the £2m probably helped).

I can't wish Rowett good luck because I can't view Stoke as a step up - it feels like a desperate attempt to jump ship rather than a genuine career progression. He's also going to find Stoke a real challenge, even with a large budget & the support of a very good chairman in Peter Coates. Their squad is absolutely toxic at the moment & has real parallels with the noises coming out of Sunderland exactly 12 months ago. Careful what you wish for Gary...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44027903

I’ve been thinking this.

very easy for parachute payments to be gobbled up in paying out prem contracts. And do Stoke really have tons of sellable assets? It’s now a buyers market for choupa-mouteng etc.....

I wonder if Gary Rowett will have as much of a kitty as he thinks........?

Obviously I'm not going to miss him - what I do find encouraging is that all fans seem keen to look to the future now instead of being all "ooh gary please don't leave us" (except maybe @curtains).

I'm hoping this can be a point of unity for the derby fans after a series of somewhat polarizing managerial choices (mac2, rowett). Hopefully Mel can give us a clear road map of where we're going, bring in a manager that builds and excites and get Pride Park full again. 

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

I hope it’s just a coincidence...

Radio clickbait. They were on again tonight for an hour at 9pm, first caller bigging up Igor and saying he was bound to be successful as he's so passionate and committed...

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Radio clickbait. They were on again tonight for an hour at 9pm, first caller bigging up Igor and saying he was bound to be successful as he's so passionate and committed...

Christ, because they are the key elements to be a top manager...!

He was a great player but I wouldn’t even say he can be classed as a manager with his record. 

Archived