Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesnt matter if he’s at Stoke or Derby. Either job he’ll be sacked by next xmas

Sacked when stoke are mid table & playing hoofball 

or sacked by Derby when he’s mid table & we’ve sold Vydra & brought in a 50yr old Paul Dickov as his replacement   

Just now, curtains said:

Mate he’s had enough of it at Derby .

He has tried but IMO knows he’s on to a loser next season. 

What would you do. 

I still hope he turns Stoke down but the reactions on here prove he’s not wanted and I can’t understand that ?

But surely he knew what restraints there would be this season, especially when signing a new deal mid-season? I can't imagine him and Mel not discussing that. He'd have known that if we failed to go up, he'd have to sell players this season and not have much money to work with. Fortunately for him a club with a big budget has come in for him. And as a bonus he'll be paid even more money

I think next season will be mid table one tbh..with or without GR

But ...hopefully will be with a manager who's building a good young team we can be proud of...its not all doom and gloom 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

But surely he knew what restraints there would be this season, especially when signing a new deal mid-season? I can't imagine him and Mel not discussing that. He'd have known that if we failed to go up, he'd have to sell players this season and not have much money to work with. Fortunately for him a club with a big budget has come in for him. And as a bonus he'll be paid even more money

Mel came out with the restraints half way through the season didn’t he in January when  we were 2nd in the league. Still no good crying over spilt milk. 

What will be will be  

13 minutes ago, Rample said:

The best way of building continuity/stability long term would be to promote from within. I'm not sure we have the means for that now but it wouldn't shock me if Phillips was a main contender - he seems to never fall out of favour with Mel. Likewise Wassall getting another shot.

There are a lot of big names out of work at the moment. Allardyce wouldn't be much more exciting but I reckon he could be effective.

Current mess at Stoke aside Hughes has had reasonable success in his career.

If Carvalhal (sp?) hadn't failed at Swansea I think he could have been in with a shout.

To be honesr if Pardew, McCarthy and Moyes are going to get mentioned then employing anybody else would seem like we've dodged a big shiny bullet.

I'm not sure that 20 points from 18 games at Swansea constitutes total failure for Carvalhal, considering where they were when he joined in December. Over a full season that sort of points return would have put them in the Bournemouth/Wet Spam bracket.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

Doesn’t matter which manager we get mate. 

Its the club philosophy that grinds them down. 

Oh curtains, I've not seen you this distraught since Nigel Pearson was dismissed. It breaks my heart.

Rowett is leaving of his own volition. I don't recall these platitudes from you about the club philosophy after McClaren was sacked after half a season, with more entertaining football and better results.

Just now, curtains said:

Bookmarked for next season along with many other anti Rowett posters

Feel free, I have a whole archive of Anti Rowett comments, take your pick, I have some real crackers in there. I'm absolutely positive I'll enjoy next season more now, and it's energised me knowing this.

1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

Oh curtains, I've not seen you this distraught since Nigel Pearson was dismissed. It breaks my heart.

Rowett is leaving of his own volition. I don't recall these platitudes from you about the club philosophy after McClaren was sacked after half a season, with more entertaining football and better results.

Like it or not he’s gone and that’s it 

Addios my friend. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Feel free, I have a whole archive of Anti Rowett comments, take your pick, I have some real crackers in there. I'm absolutely positive I'll enjoy next season more now, and it's energised me knowing this.

Good luck with that son 

?

28 minutes ago, cannable said:

Yeah mate, very believable. Just like when he said that the Newcastle links had absolutely no effect on our playoff bid that season which everyone knows is complete rubbish. I was a big fan of the man while he was here during both times but those Newcastle links and the way he handled them killed us off that season.

I wouldn't believe everything you read in the news. Prime example being how Rowett was spouting rubbish about his long-term commitment to the club earlier in the season and is now looking to be the first one out the door.

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mate he’s had enough of it at Derby .

He has tried but IMO knows he’s on to a loser next season. 

What would you do. 

I still hope he turns Stoke down but the reactions on here prove he’s not wanted and I can’t understand that ?

That cuts both ways, @curtains

Perhaps he is fed up with a couple of sycophantic toadies praising him to the hilt every five minutes, defending him every time we lose and putting unnecessary pressure to succeed on him - or perhaps their undying praise has made him think that he is bigger than the club.

There is still no guarantee that having spoken to Stoke that GR is going to take the role. 

Its all still in the balance, he’s currently “talking” to Stoke that’s all. 

I hope if he doesn’t move to Stoke there isn’t going to be a “Mac type toon” witch hunt. 

He is still our manager and remains so until announced otherwise. 

1 minute ago, lrm14 said:

Yeah mate, very believable. Just like when he said that the Newcastle links had absolutely no effect on our playoff bid that season which everyone knows is complete rubbish. I was a big fan of the man while he was here during both times but those Newcastle links and the way he handled them killed us off that season.

I wouldn't believe everything you read in the news. Prime example being how Rowett was spouting rubbish about his long-term commitment to the club earlier in the season and is now looking to be the first one out the door.

Would you blame the Newcastle links more than losing Martin, Eustace, Buxton, etc to injury?

If Martin was fit, with a recognized defensive midfielder, and a better CB than shotton, we'd have been up that season. 

13 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Perfect timing to promote Darren Wassall to first team manager. Put a clause in there that he can go back to his old job if he wants. Zero pressure on him to succeed. After all the merry go round manager crap we’ve had, why not give him the job. 

Deserves it.

Why does he deserve it? Since he's been running the academy it has produced no first team regulars, despite being funded to the hilt.

*Hughes and Hendrick were there before Wassall and moved into the first team squad during his first season.

Archived