Derby likely to sell Vydra plus others

RiddingsRam

8 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

How much do you think Marcus Maddison would cost from Peterborough? 22 assists last season and on their transfer list as their owner promised him a move should they not go up? 

Someone mentioned yesterday that their chairman said he's selling Maddison with Marriot as a pair. So you're probably looking at somewhere between 10 and 20 million at least for them judging by the sort of fees they managed to get for Assombalonga and Gayle in recent years

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It is, but it's the past 2 years and then a projection for the year you're currently in. So the 15/16 season was included in this season's (17/18) accounts and we passed FFP. But that was the last of that year being included in the accounts 

69a07e98c91f408d9399fa9e2f67bcbd.png&key

Hmmm. I’m not really sure then. Some clarity from the club would be nice to be honest. 

Shouldn't be surprised at this. We shoved Hughes out the door as quickly as possible last year in order to beat the FFP deadline. 

No surprise that we should have to do it again this season, especially given the contracts Rowett has handed to some of the incomers - Ledley, Huddlestone, Jerome and Davies aren't going to be on  low wages that's for sure.

The only difference this season is that it may take slightly longer to get rid of players as the World Cup is ongoing. 

This is Mel's transfer policy of four years ago come home to roost, which is what I was worried about at the time.

Well this is downright ******* depressing,  20m for Hughes, ince and vyds is nothing short of a joke. I fully hack Rowett at this current moment however, if we go into next season off the back of a transfer window where we sell the core of our squad for peanuts then the thought of next season is very scary and I’d have to say I will have lost my confidence in him by then.

4 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Shouldn't be surprised at this. We shoved Hughes out the door as quickly as possible last year in order to beat the FFP deadline. 

No surprise that we should have to do it again this season, especially given the contracts Rowett has handed to some of the incomers - Ledley, Huddlestone, Jerome and Davies aren't going to be on  low wages that's for sure.

The only difference this season is that it may take slightly longer to get rid of players as the World Cup is ongoing. 

This is Mel's transfer policy of four years ago come home to roost, which is what I was worried about at the time.

Same here. The players we were buying, for the money we were paying for them, was ridiculous.

You tend to get shouted down when you say that at the time though - many people are just too thrilled by the opening of the cheque book.

36 minutes ago, Topram said:

We will be paying to watch ***** football with an average side because of Morris’s mistakes trying to run a football business 

We are where we are. It may mean the youngsters get a go. Some will make it.  Others won't. But maybe it's worth a try

6 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

How much do you think Marcus Maddison would cost from Peterborough? 22 assists last season and on their transfer list as their owner promised him a move should they not go up? 

Not a clue on the costs but Forest are looking likely to get both so that either means they aren’t going for as much as some may think, or Forest are really going for it this year.

I’ve not really seen either player in a full-match scenario but their highlights and stats are impressive. It would be interesting to see how many people would be happy in letting Vydra go and then using all the money to get both of them in...

If all this is true it also points to the conclusion that rowett knew Hughes and ince were going out the door in the summer at the start of his reign and accepted it so was not picking Hughes as many sensible heads have suggested then perhaps it’s time rowett was cut a bit of slack by the constant knockers ,, yes bemoan parts of his management but there’s a lot that have set their stall out on the premise that he sold our best players because he doesn’t have a clue they are good players? and they will never forgive him even if he got us up ,,          just saying 

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not a clue on the costs but Forest are looking likely to get both so that either means they aren’t going for as much as some may think, or Forest are really going for it this year.

I’ve not really seen either player in a full-match scenario but their highlights and stats are impressive. It would be interesting to see how many people would be happy in letting Vydra go and then using all the money to get both of them in...

I really don’t like this buy two players as a package thing ,, what one is rubbish without the other ? Takes me back to the old Derick hales ,Flanagan thing whe we bought hales from charlton ,, what happens if you buy them and one is injured or one is being dropped because he is not doing it ? 

Just now, archied said:

I really don’t like this buy two players as a package thing ,, what one is rubbish without the other ? Takes me back to the old Derick hales ,Flanagan thing whe we bought hales from charlton ,, what happens if you buy them and one is injured or one is being dropped because he is not doing it ? 

Didn’t Wanchope come with someone else mate. 

Just cant remember who it was but can picture him now 

oh was it Solis !

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Didn’t Wanchope come with someone else mate. 

Just cant remember who it was but can picture him now 

oh was it Solis !

He did but he was different I terms of comming from a different country with a different culture ,, this is two blokes from Peterborough ffs

7 hours ago, Topram said:

As positive as I’ve been since last night I think it’s fair to say we are stuck in a rot, if we have to sell Vydra to be able balance the books then Morris needs to get investors in or do one,

Sorry but this post shows a lack of understanding of how FFP works, bringing in investors would not make one bit of difference.

Archived