Derby likely to sell Vydra plus others

RiddingsRam

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

More than that. Bobby Reid is being linked with a move to Bournemouth for £12 million and he scored less than Vydra, it's his 1st good season in his career (albeit he's been a midfielder previously) and he has just 1 year left on his contract. So you're damn right I'll be annoyed if we let Vydra go for just £8 million 

I’d be interested to know how many Championship players have gone for 12m+ to Prem sides. There isn’t many off the top of my head. The silly fees are when championship sides buy off other championship sides. 

I’d rather sell Vydra to a Prem side for 8m than to a rival for 10m. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Always going to happen. We'll end up giving him away like we did with Will as well. 

i happen to agree that we got a bad deal with Will, but how many players of the dozens who we have sold over the years did we actually get screwed over with?

People have a tendency to say that we give players away, but other than the ones who have clauses in their contract or are out of contract and we have to let go, how many go on to be world-beaters.

I suspect Derby are no worse than any other club, but people forget those that crash and burn and remember the tiny minority who go on to great things.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

If Bobby Reid is valued at around £15m then I would expect at least that for Vydra. 

Please Derby, don’t start the new season by immediately repeating the mistakes of the previous ?

As someone else has said though, we're really not in a position to reject many offer for players. If there is only 1 club in for him, we have to sell him for that price most likely. Depressing that we've got ourselves in such a poor position, really. £16+ mill for Shackell, Johnson, blackman and butterfield looks so poor and you could say has financially ruined us for years to come

It's only paper talk, so how much can we read into it?

But if we are seriously going to sell Vydra for just £8 million - in a market where Jordan Hugill is worth £10 million and Gary Madine is worth £6 million - then that can only mean one thing: the club is in a desperate financial situation and one far worse than we could have ever imagined.

?

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

January is always going to be an inflated price, especially late in the window. 

Ince was about right for me, Hughes was drastically low, Hendrick was too high. I guess that’s how it goes. 

I’m guessing it’ll be similar to last season, in that we’ll have to sell early in the window to get around FFP. I guess it helps us that the Prem window opens on Thursday, so we get a bit longer to negotiate 

I'm not against selling Vydra at all, but let's at least make a profit on him - taking all the wages we've paid, all the other bits and bobs we've had to spend, etc. 

Vydra should not be sold at anything less than £12m, surely?

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I’d be interested to know how many Championship players have gone for 12m+ to Prem sides. There isn’t many off the top of my head. The silly fees are when championship sides buy off other championship sides. 

Heard of anything in the pipeline @SuperDerbySuperRams outgoing or incoming

Not going to kick off about a price that’s only been mentioned once, but if it were to happen then that’s us *******.

It would make absolutely zero sense to sell him for £8mil. He’s just scored 21 goals and he’s 26. We could surely to god get much more than £8mil in this market, so if he does go for that, serious questions need to be asked about what financial state we’re really in.

Just now, Ambitious said:

I'm not against selling Vydra at all, but let's at least make a profit on him - taking all the wages we've paid, all the other bits and bobs we've had to spend, etc. 

Vydra should not be sold at anything less than £12m, surely?

It guess it depends how badly we need the cash before the 1st of July. All the noises coming out of the club are that we need it pretty desperately! 

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

£10 million is still way too low for me, especially as transfer fees are getting bigger and bigger each year. There's been quite a few Championship players sold to Prem team for over £12 million. Ignoring those that were sold by teams who've just come down here's a few, Wood to Burnley for £15 million, Clucas to Swansea for £14.5 million, Burke to RBL for £13.5 million (Bundesliga, I know), Roberts to Man City for £13 million, Afobe to Bournemouth for £12 million etc. There's tons of players who've been sold for £10 million +, either to fellow Championship teams or to the Prem.

I'm sorry, but when Bolton (a club with real financial trouble) are getting £6 mil + for Madine, Prestin £9 mil for Hugill and Fulham £7 mil for Aluko, I'm not going to be happy with similar figures for Vydra who scored more than any of them and wasn't even playing as a striker, he got the goals from midfield

Not too stressed. Players come and players go.

Depends how we recruit. 

Sold Kevin Wilson. Got promoted. Sold Kitson and Johnson. Got promoted. Sold Idiakez. Got promoted.

Keep the faith!

25 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

What is his value? He’s had 1 good season in 3 years. We got 5 rising to 9 for Will and 9 rising to 12 for Tom. 

If we sold Vydra to a promoted side for 8m, I wouldn’t be devastated as long as it was reinvested on some youth. 

You wouldn’t be devastated if we sold him off his best ever season for as much as we paid for him, when he was coming off of his worst ever Championship season? 

It’ll be another stick to beat Rowett with if it happens too. GR wouldn’t have decided on the price for Hughes or Ince. He won’t be the one deciding whether Vydra goes for £8mil or not either.

It would really highlight how difficult his job is if we have to sell the Championship top scorer without making a profit in the days where other Championship teams are demanding £30m for their best players.

Just now, Kernow said:

It’ll be another stick to beat Rowett with if it happens too. GR wouldn’t have decided on the price for Hughes or Ince. He won’t be the one deciding whether Vydra goes for £8mil or not either.

It would really highlight how difficult his job is if we have to sell the Championship top scorer without making a profit in the days where other Championship teams are demanding £30m for their best players.

Im sure he would've wanted significantly more for all players mentioned, but the financial constraints he's been placed under suggest that he had to sell them, before June 30 (end of financial year), basically to the first bidder. Don't be surprised if vydra goes for a fee that many would consider below par or even derisory. 

"Any manager would tell you that you would love to get in the play-offs and have a summer where you can recruit very strongly and try to improve the side. But the reality is, after lots of years and lots of managers doing that, I am the manager who has to balance it all out a little bit more."

Says it all, and it's what a lot of us have suspected Gary has been doing. He's done a good job so far.

We did used to sell players at the first sniff of a solid offer back in the GSE austerity years.

And the 3 amigos firesale still burns in the memory. 

Then Hughes....

It's not so much that we always get screwed, but there's more enough history of good players we thought were worth more than we got leaving.

Archived