Derby likely to sell Vydra plus others

RiddingsRam

I’m actually excited by this news. We physically can’t sign any overpaid players in their late 20s or early 30s anymore. Even Rowett couldn’t help himself, despite promising the complete opposite.

And I mean “excited” in the same way I’d be “excited” to have a family member who’s a drug addict sent to rehab where they physically cannot take anymore drugs.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

What is his value? He’s had 1 good season in 3 years. We got 5 rising to 9 for Will and 9 rising to 12 for Tom. 

If we sold Vydra to a promoted side for 8m, I wouldn’t be devastated as long as it was reinvested on some youth. 

Preston got 9 million for Jordan Hugill after he had 0 good seasons.

8 hours ago, Yojimbo said:

Still paying the price for the ridiculous transfer policy of the Morris/Clement partnership. That six months put the club back six years.

At least a few get it!

I'd sell for £10m + add on's tbh.  Had a great season but we overpaid when we bought him, I think his value at the time was probably more like £5-6 based on the couple of seasons previous.

Take that money, re-invest in young hungry forward from league 1 that's had a good season. Shift the out of contract players plus (if we can) Butterfield, Blackman, Martin. I'd keep Bryson and get Luke Thomas, Elsnik, Max Lowe, Bogle and the other young prospect (can't remember his name) in and around the first team more regularly. Oh and quality box to box midfielder and LWB wouldn't go a miss.

We've got problems if we sell Vydra, the combined tallies of our next 3 highest goalscorer's do not even reach Vydra's amount for last season.

I know Jerome has only been here since January but he doesn't strike me as a 20 goal a season forward.

7 hours ago, curtains said:

Didn’t Wanchope come with someone else mate. 

Just cant remember who it was but can picture him now 

oh was it Solis !

Wasn't solis the player we were really after and Jim picked up the chop as part of the deal.

If I'm being honest, in my eyes Vydra being sold wouldn't be the world ending event some are making it out to be. 

Considering he scored 21 goals this year the amount of times he went missing was concerning. He had a tendency to hide and stop making runs when things weren't going his way. 

Plus, if Rowett is going to stick with this 3/5 at the back we've got going at the moment he'd be better off selling him and bringing in someone who fits that system. It doesn't get the best out of Vydra in my opinion.

If he can sell him and get enough money to bring in a couple of proper wingers or a winger and a box to box midfielder, I think we would be in a far better position long term.

Why on earth do we insist on making unnecessary press releases that just bite us on the harris? If we don't come out and effectively say our OPEX is unsustainable. we wouldn't be giving the impression of a fire sale and buyers might be less inclined to lowball us. Transparency has been an expensive game for us recently and in some instances I can see no benefit to the policy.

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Why on earth do we insist on making unnecessary press releases that just bite us on the harris? If we don't come out and effectively say our OPEX is unsustainable. we wouldn't be giving the impression of a fire sale and buyers might be less inclined to lowball us. Transparency has been an expensive game for us recently and in some instances I can see no benefit to the policy.

Yes but it also works the opposite for us buying.weve been quoted higher prices than players have actually gone for to other clubs if you believe our chairman. Might be ripped off less

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Yes but it also works the opposite for us buying.weve been quoted higher prices than players have actually gone for to other clubs if you believe our chairman. Might be ripped off less

Not if you've just trousered £8 million it doesn't, even if that's a lesser figure than some might think Vyds is worth, especially since selling Vydra only impacts the wage bill by removing Matej's figure from the overall cost. Or am I missing something? To be fair, recent signings with the possible exception of Tom Lawrence have not been bad value, least to my way of thinking.

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Not if you've just trousered £8 million it doesn't, even if that's a lesser figure than some might think Vyds is worth, especially since selling Vydra only impacts the wage bill by removing Matej's figure from the overall cost. Or am I missing something? To be fair, recent signings with the possible exception of Tom Lawrence have not been bad value, least to my way of thinking.

It's not those we bought though, it's the ones we enquirey about, got told X amount then they got sold to a different team, for a million less than we were quoted.

what we get for Vydra will be undisclosed anyway.

I will be very surprised if Vydra is here next season, if we stick with this formation i don't think he will fit in. I'm behind Gary all the way as I would be with any manager at the helm, if we are setting up this way moving forward we need to add to the midfield and forward areas and counter with pace, I know sitting back in your own half is nail biting but if we can transition from defence to attack with pace and excitement then this formation can work. but without that quality in the final third we get, well, what we saw at Fulham away.

35 minutes ago, Lakes said:

I will be very surprised if Vydra is here next season, if we stick with this formation i don't think he will fit in. I'm behind Gary all the way as I would be with any manager at the helm, if we are setting up this way moving forward we need to add to the midfield and forward areas and counter with pace, I know sitting back in your own half is nail biting but if we can transition from defence to attack with pace and excitement then this formation can work. but without that quality in the final third we get, well, what we saw at Fulham away.

And what if you thought the manager was making the wrong decisions and pushing the team in the wrong direction?  Would you still support that manager?

There is a big difference between supporting the team while they are on the pitch and supporting the manager in general. 

We covered this earlier in the year. 

This was inevitable this summer due to FFP and also the astronomical wages we are paying out and the millions we are losing every year. 

We will sell and Rowett will try and do his best by bringing in short term replacements who may be older and on slightly less wages or lower league players who will definitely be on lower wages and may even promote some of the youth squad. 

Next summer is when we will be freed from the wages and legacy of the mass overspend. After that there will be more freedom in wages and transfer fees. 

It’s going to be a rough time until then. 

Archived