Derby likely to sell Vydra plus others

RiddingsRam

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OxfordRam said:

Are we really getting upset about a hypothetical price tag in a newspaper rumour mill article? Come on lads. It's a nice day! Go take a walk outside and breathe in the fresh air. 

These hypothetical made up articles usually turn out to be true, apart from the drone story, allegedly.

2 hours ago, archied said:

He did but he was different I terms of comming from a different country with a different culture ,, this is two blokes from Peterborough ffs

Have you been to Peterborough? It might as well be a different planet, let alone a different country.

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

8m?! ***** sake not this ******** again, what is our obsession with selling our best players for **** all? Vydra shouldn’t be going anywhere for a shade less than 20m.

Im not gonna be happy if we sell all the players mentioned in that article and we don’t bring in quality to replace them. Feeling a serious lack of ambition this summer and that’s gravely disappointing given what we achieved this year, and the relative weakness of sides coming down from the prem. Fearing a return to the GSE era of safe football, selling our best players and having a low wage bill while trying to stay competitive in the top half. If that’s the height of our ambitions in this league then what’s the point? If mel can’t afford to pay out the fees (fair play to him, I couldn’t), then sell us up to someone who can.

He always says he didn't want to completely own the club. I agree with you 100%, if he cares for derby as much as he says he would put the club and fans first and sell us to a reliable rich basterd.

8 hours ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Well this is downright ******* depressing,  20m for Hughes, ince and vyds is nothing short of a joke. I fully hack Rowett at this current moment however, if we go into next season off the back of a transfer window where we sell the core of our squad for peanuts then the thought of next season is very scary and I’d have to say I will have lost my confidence in him by then.

What?  Even if his hand is forced and he doesn't have the final say on who needs to be sold?  Harsh.

42 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Are we really getting upset about a hypothetical price tag in a newspaper rumour mill article? Come on lads. It's a nice day! Go take a walk outside and breathe in the fresh air. 

Hypothetical? It's there in black and white mate, it's a disgrace - here's the snippet from the ACTUAL article...

"Derby are likely to demand at least £8m for the striker" (Disgrace).

It's a disgrace which makes me question my future support of this football club. Disgraceful.

And now I read from another poster on this thread that we're selling Lawrence (disgrace) for £7m which is an absolute disgrace! So that's £15m for our 2 best players. Disgrace.

Absolute disgrace.

The worst part for me is if we knew we’d have to cut again next season if we didn’t go up, why did we loan all our youth out? They should’ve been in and around the team if we’re rebuilding on a budget, we’ve just put ourselves further back with poor decisions again! 

4 minutes ago, Rampant said:

What would be a realistic figure for Vydra? Got to be looking at a minimum of £12m but we should aim for more obviously.

I would say 8 to 10 million is a realistic figure.

Our issue is we signed him when he was bang out of form for 8 million.

Just think, with 8 million you could buy 2 will Hughes.

14 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Hypothetical? It's there in black and white mate, it's a disgrace - here's the snippet from the ACTUAL article...

It's a disgrace which makes me question my future support of this football club. Disgraceful.

And now I read from another poster on this thread that we're selling Lawrence (disgrace) for £7m which is an absolute disgrace! So that's £15m for our 2 best players. Disgrace.

Absolute disgrace.

You could purchase three or four of good hoofers with £8m.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes. But I don’t think anyone would pay it. That’s more than we paid for him and he didn’t have a good first season

Interesting isn’t it really, most people will say Lawrence hasn’t had a good season most people will be comparing to Ince though IMO. GR bemoaned our lack of composure in the final 3rd Lawrence played a part in that but he’s statistically our most creative player, if others had a bit more composure he’d have better numbers next to his name. He’s had a decent season, if he improves next season Hel have a great season. 

20 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Absolute disgrace.

"Likely" is the key word in the quote.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Rowett's shown his value in signing for cheap.

Christie out, Huddlestone and Davies in with change to spare, if the fees quoted are to be believed. An improvement too.

Wisdom was relative peanuts too. £2.5m rising to £4m was it?

Indeed.

Of signings made in Rowett's tenure (Lawrence, Wisdom, Hudds, Jerome, Davies, Ledley - Winnall, Palmer loan) the argument can only be made for Lawrence being a "miss" based on general opinion and he being the highest fee (£5.5m - £6m) although the case could be debated that he's done better than general opinion believes.

The only criticism of the signings has been the average age, and obviously I think things would become quite a serious problem should we sign many more players around that age, but I for one have been given no reason to doubt our incoming singings during Rowett's reign.

On the other side I, like many, am not aware of the level of involvement Rowett has in our outgoings (I believe he said he likes to watch any incomings at least once but I dont know if that was just talk), I don't think it's entirely fair to have a go at Rowett for the Hughes debacle - but he might have been cackling and sorting out the deal himself for all I know, I just think that's unlikely. If we didn't need to sell, we wouldn't have sold an asset like Hughes when only one club was in for him.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Garbage situation. We need to bring in a CEO with a background in sports agencies to stop us being a soft touch in the transfer market. ?

Bonkers. Such guy would get over 10 millions out of Hendrick and million (!!!!) of ******* Luke Varney.

Better stick with what we have and sell Hughes for 4 peanuts.

16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

"Likely" is the key word in the quote.

You're not reading it properly. Ignore words that don't get you angry enough. Just keep saying the word disgrace over and over in your head as you read the article and you'll start to get angry. Then post your reaction.

Archived