Derby likely to sell Vydra plus others

RiddingsRam

7 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I mean, that is the mess. Old squad on huge wages and we need to try and generate money. Best of luck, Gary.

I know Gary and Mel have said we need to make money, but unless Mel is running low I can't understand why. The wages are definitely an issue that needs to be sorted, but generating money from transfer fees in order to abide by FFP seems wrong to me. I know nothing like Ramblur does (I think that's his forum name?), but from what I gathered FFP is about the previous 2 seasons and an estimation of the current season. Our issues all stem from the £30 million spend season which was now 3 seasons ago and we managed to pass FFP this year with that season, the 16/17 and a prediction of 17/18 submitted. So for next season it should be the 16/17 season, which we near enough broke even on sales, the 17/18 season which we made near £10 million profit and an estimation of the 18/19 season which hypothetically leaves us with £30 odd million to spend and still be within FFP guidelines. As I said, I don't know much about FFP and I know there's more to it than just transfer fees, but I personally can't see why we're in such a mess other than the high wages

69a07e98c91f408d9399fa9e2f67bcbd.png

6a42bb161107884e33a188ebde5316a2.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It guess it depends how badly we need the cash before the 1st of July. All the noises coming out of the club are that we need it pretty desperately! 

Yeah, I guess that's the issue. 

The worst thing about this whole thing, it's probably a contact at Derby that's told the Telegraph to print the story to raise awareness as soon as possible so we can gauge interest. We've effectively just put Vydra, Keogh & Carson on the transfer market knowing we need rid of them at a very, very cheap price.

If I was Vydra, I'd be straight onto my agent demanding he find me a new club.

Pulls us through a season virtually single handed, only to find himself dumped on the bench come the business end of the season, putting his golden boot at risk.

He must be feeling pretty low all things considered. 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

£10 million is still way too low for me, especially as transfer fees are getting bigger and bigger each year. There's been quite a few Championship players sold to Prem team for over £12 million. Ignoring those that were sold by teams who've just come down here's a few, Wood to Burnley for £15 million, Clucas to Swansea for £14.5 million, Burke to RBL for £13.5 million (Bundesliga, I know), Roberts to Man City for £13 million, Afobe to Bournemouth for £12 million etc. There's tons of players who've been sold for £10 million +, either to fellow Championship teams or to the Prem.

I'm sorry, but when Bolton (a club with real financial trouble) are getting £6 mil + for Madine, Prestin £9 mil for Hugill and Fulham £7 mil for Aluko, I'm not going to be happy with similar figures for Vydra who scored more than any of them and wasn't even playing as a striker, he got the goals from midfield

I wouldn’t say it’s loads though. You have to look at each case individually. Ignoring the younger players signed by bigger clubs for potential, you have Leeds, Hull and Wolves. None of who were in the financial position we’re in. 

Wood scored 27 goals before his move to Burnley, 

Afobe scores 25 before his move to Bournemouth, (21 the season before),

I think I am also right in saying Clucas was Hull’s player of the season in the Premier League? 

He did great to get 21 goals, but when you factor in penalties, as well as being the go to man in our side, it isn’t ridiculous to suggest a 10m fee is roughly fair. 

I know Vydra has been fantastic this season, but you have to remember his previous two seasons, where I doubt he even got double figures combined. Teams will know that this is a risky signing, especially when you look at his poor spell at West Brom also, even though he was still young at the time. 

Of course I want us to get as much as possible, but this depends on 1. Number of interested clubs 2. How quick we need the cash. 

10m would be a decent fee in my opinion, but I hope we can get more! 

Not the end of the world.....Burnley won automatic promotion in 2013/14 after being forced to reduce the wage bill and sell top scorer Charlie Austin for peanuts to QPR on the eve of the new season.

Dean Marney and Ross Wallace stayed on after agreeing to wage cuts...money-grabbers Chris McCann, Martin Paterson and Lee Grant told Burnley to "shove" the reduced terms.

Team spirit blossomed.....you can do the same - 93 points.

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I wouldn’t say it’s loads though. You have to look at each case individually. Ignoring the younger players signed by bigger clubs for potential, you have Leeds, Hull and Wolves. None of who were in the financial position we’re in. 

Wood scored 27 goals before his move to Burnley, 

Afobe scores 25 before his move to Bournemouth, (21 the season before),

I think I am also right in saying Clucas was Hull’s player of the season in the Premier League? 

He did great to get 21 goals, but when you factor in penalties, as well as being the go to man in our side, it isn’t ridiculous to suggest a 10m fee is roughly fair. 

I know Vydra has been fantastic this season, but you have to remember his previous two seasons, where I doubt he even got double figures combined. Teams will know that this is a risky signing, especially when you look at his poor spell at West Brom also, even though he was still young at the time. 

Of course I want us to get as much as possible, but this depends on 1. Number of interested clubs 2. How quick we need the cash. 

10m would be a decent fee in my opinion, but I hope we can get more! 

True but as I mentioned, in the last window or 2 the market has just gone mental. I'd be looking for at least £15 million for him which I think is possible, as long as they don't rush him out the door at the earliest opportunity like they did with Ince and Hughes

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, I guess that's the issue. 

The worst thing about this whole thing, it's probably a contact at Derby that's told the Telegraph to print the story to raise awareness as soon as possible so we can gauge interest. We've effectively just put Vydra, Keogh & Carson on the transfer market knowing we need rid of them at a very, very cheap price.

Yep. You’re probably bang on. Probably similar to the Thomas to West Ham story last week. 

Carson going would be the daftest thing, because we’re not going to get big money for a keeper, and he is irreplaceable to this side. That would certainly annoy me 

But, you can’t really think of anymore saleable assets at the club. You’d imagine Bryson will move on to Cardiff for a modest fee, maybe 1/2m. Blackman will probably go out on loan again, same with.  Butterfield (who would take him I don’t know!). Bent, Shackell and Baird will go on frees. The squad is at a reasonable level after all of this, so it will be interesting to know where we go from there. 

I think it’ll be a very busy summer, and I’ve got a feeling that a lot will happen before the players clock back in for pre season

As positive as I’ve been since last night I think it’s fair to say we are stuck in a rot, if we have to sell Vydra to be able balance the books then Morris needs to get investors in or do one, we completely f***** up going out spending it stupidly! We are gonna sell the best! Get ready for another 5 years in the championship 

True but as I mentioned, in the last window or 2 the market has just gone mental. I'd be looking for at least £15 million for him which I think is possible, as long as they don't rush him out the door at the earliest opportunity like they did with Ince and Hughes

It has gone mental, you’re right.

I think that could be the factor though. When you look at the accounts, it’s clearly no coincidence that Hughes and Ince left so early in the window, seemingly to the first bidder. 

As most of our big signings were purchased in during the summer of 2015, and FFP works over a 3 year period, so we still have to account for those signings in this financial year. Vydra/Thomas/Bryson will likely be gone before July, or at least that’s my prediction. 

It’s a mighty shame, but that’s the way it is. I hope there’s a bidding war and him being the top scorer should attract attention. 

Just now, Topram said:

As positive as I’ve been since last night I think it’s fair to say we are stuck in a rot, if we have to sell Vydra to be able balance the books then Morris needs to get investors in or do one, we completely f***** up going out spending it stupidly! We are gonna sell the best! Get ready for another 5 years in the championship 

.... and that's if we're lucky. We're definitely not above what numerous other clubs our size have done in recent times.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

.... and that's if we're lucky. We're definitely not above what numerous other clubs our size have done in recent times.

The way we are we’d be better going down like wolves did! 

20 minutes ago, cannable said:

You wouldn’t be devastated if we sold him off his best ever season for as much as we paid for him, when he was coming off of his worst ever Championship season? 

Last season is still a factor though. He was poor, and despite being so good this year, teams will factor the inconsistency. He has 30 championship goals in 3 seasons. Decent yes, but not outrageous. 

Mel and his team will do what’s best for the club. If selling Vydra slightly under his market value for let’s say, an initial 9m rising to 12m before July, stops us from failing FFP and the resulting embargo, then I wouldn’t be devastated, no. 

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

If we really are that desperate for money then I can forgive Rowett for this season’s dealings. 

One last go to avoid the Clough years again.

Thats exactly what I thought for a long while, why we brought in the players we did.

I think this season we'll see more Rowettish signings, for a longer haul.

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It has gone mental, you’re right.

I think that could be the factor though. When you look at the accounts, it’s clearly no coincidence that Hughes and Ince left so early in the window, seemingly to the first bidder. 

As most of our big signings were purchased in during the summer of 2015, and FFP works over a 3 year period, so we still have to account for those signings in this financial year. Vydra/Thomas/Bryson will likely be gone before July, or at least that’s my prediction. 

It’s a mighty shame, but that’s the way it is. I hope there’s a bidding war and him being the top scorer should attract attention. 

I think the season of the £30 million spend is now wiped off. FFP is based on the previous 2 seasons and a projection of the current season. So next season it'll be based on the 16/17 season (£15 mil spent, £14 mil sold), the 17/18 season (£11 mil spent, £19 mil sold) and a projection of the 18/19 season. That's why I'm having difficult understanding why there's such a money problem at the club apart from high wages. The Rush court case is probably a worry if that is included in the accounts for FFP, but we should still have tons of room to work with

I think the season of the £30 million spend is now wiped off. FFP is based on the previous 2 seasons and a projection of the current season. So next season it'll be based on the 16/17 season (£15 mil spent, £14 mil sold), the 17/18 season (£11 mil spent, £19 mil sold) and a projection of the 18/19 season. That's why I'm having difficult understanding why there's such a money problem at the club apart from high wages. The Rush court case is probably a worry if that is included in the accounts for FFP, but we should still have tons of room to work with

I thought it was based on three years? So that 30m spend was aggregated over three seasons? 

The article says at least 8 mill, so not sure what the panic is coming from.  I think 12+ is decent business., Would like to sell Vydra to get a 20+ striker and a good winger

(Obviously not a striker who has scored 20+ but a striker who has the potential to, e,g Marriot from peterborough ect)

10 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I thought it was based on three years? So that 30m spend was aggregated over three seasons? 

It is, but it's the past 2 years and then a projection for the year you're currently in. So the 15/16 season was included in this season's (17/18) accounts and we passed FFP. But that was the last of that year being included in the accounts 

69a07e98c91f408d9399fa9e2f67bcbd.png&key

Archived