Derby likely to sell Vydra plus others

RiddingsRam

1 minute ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I think you’re right, sadly. 

There’s plenty on here who would be glad to see the back of vydra and claim he hinders us as a team , be interesting to see how happy they are letting him go once it’s for real

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, archied said:

There’s plenty on here who would be glad to see the back of vydra and claim he hinders us as a team , be interesting to see how happy they are letting him go once it’s for real

And where are his 20+ goals going to come from next season?

It's only half fair from Gary to blame earlier regimes of this mess. He has been responsible for it too and big time.

We had bloated squad already and only managed to loan people out (except the crown jewels). What does he do? Signs 8 (!) players, only two of them are loans while giving new contracts to Forsyth, Thorne and Hanson (who else?). That's the exact reason why we now have a team of 33 players or so. 

He has tied his own his own hands but surprisingly, is not carrying the responsibility of it, just blames former managers. Some fans might buy it, sure, but FFS Gary, grow up.

this is $h*t! what i dont understand is last season we sold hughes and ince for what ever the value was in the end, we bring in huddlestone davies lawerence wisdom who are all going to be on the same if not more then hughes and ince and then in january you bring in cameron jerome who is also going to be on a good wage just to finish the season, yet again and sell our most valuable player for a crap price just to do it all over again! why not instead of buying these older players with higher wages (dont get me wrong some good signings) buy younger players from lower leagues or scotish leagues like clough did and build that way! i have had enough of this we went from a selling club to not having to sell to buy crap and back to a selling club! 

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

It's only half fair from Gary to blame earlier regimes of this mess. He has been responsible for it too and big time.

We had bloated squad already and only managed to loan people out (except the crown jewels). What does he do? Signs 8 (!) players, only two of them are loans while giving new contracts to Forsyth, Thorne and Hanson (who else?). That's the exact reason why we now have a team of 33 players or so. 

He has tied his own his own hands but surprisingly, is not carrying the responsibility of it, just blames former managers. Some fans might buy it, sure, but FFS Gary, grow up.

I can’t think who the 8 are......I’ve got wisdom Ledley Huddlestone Davies Jerome assuming that the loans are Winnall and Palmer.

who have I missed? Some development squad players?

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

£8m eh? Bit of a loss then. Fair enough. 

It's the 'Derby Way' to do business.

8 million hopefully would be a very minimum but I expect £12 million from a newly relagated club ( Vydra has never done anything in the premiership) but there are different issues at play for selling and buying clubs - TIME - with the window shutting the week after the season starts on August 3rd - it will be very interesting but we looked a very desperate club on both transfer window last days this season 

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I can’t think who the 8 are......I’ve got wisdom Ledley Huddlestone Davies Jerome assuming that the loans are Winnall and Palmer.

who have I missed? Some development squad players?

Lawrence. So yeah, the one we all eagerly waiting to develop...

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

If I was Vydra, I'd be straight onto my agent demanding he find me a new club.

Pulls us through a season virtually single handed, only to find himself dumped on the bench come the business end of the season, putting his golden boot at risk.

He must be feeling pretty low all things considered. 

Did he not just say in an interview that it's the best season he's ever had ? 

Would like to mention something else here and I haven't done my homework so correct me if I m wrong . 

But Vydra TOP SCORER yeah ??????

HOW MANY WERE PENALTIES ????.

Come on my grandma should be able to score a penalty ..............you get my point !.

Think Vydra is a good player but it isn't the end of the world if he goes plus he seems to sulk quite a bit to if things don't go his way.

Personally love the look of Winnall and hope we keep him and give him a proper run in the side.

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

It's only paper talk, so how much can we read into it?

But if we are seriously going to sell Vydra for just £8 million - in a market where Jordan Hugill is worth £10 million and Gary Madine is worth £6 million - then that can only mean one thing: the club is in a desperate financial situation and one far worse than we could have ever imagined.

?

Exactly. Whilst it may turn out to be true, any clown could have written this story

Team misses out on promotion, let's suggest they may have to sell players. Let's list their some of their most "valuable" players and pluck a figure out of thin air.

So are we having a fire sale at Derby now then? Are we following in the foot steps of those fools down the road, a few years of spending followed by years of nothing.

I remember Mel being on soccer am and when he was asked a question beginning with "If derby get promoted..." and he stopped the interviewer and said "when derby get promoted...", I bet he would feel a bit of a plonker if he saw the interview back now.

9 hours ago, Grantona said:

Not the end of the world.....Burnley won automatic promotion in 2013/14 after being forced to reduce the wage bill and sell top scorer Charlie Austin for peanuts to QPR on the eve of the new season.

Dean Marney and Ross Wallace stayed on after agreeing to wage cuts...money-grabbers Chris McCann, Martin Paterson and Lee Grant told Burnley to "shove" the reduced terms.

Team spirit blossomed.....you can do the same - 93 points.

Yeah but we've got Rowett he'll spend the money on two 35 year old defenders or similar . I'm not against selling him if we got 3/4 top class loans in .

I could have written that pathetic article and I'm definitely not ITK.

We're all resigned to losing Vydra and of course we're going to ask for at least £8m, cos that's what we paid for him. Throw in a few more obvious names of players who might leave, just to make it look credible and hey presto, have some advertising revenue for your shitty website, DET.

Nothing more than stating the bleeding obvious & guesswork clickbait rubbish

Something that is quite interesting is that despite being the league's top scorer with 21 goals his average rating for the season (on whoscored) is only 6.90. Which isn't bad per se (it's the second worst of the top 10 goalscorers this season), but it suggests when he wasn't scoring he was doing little else. 

I like him, personally and while I don't think £8m is outrageously low for a player who's done what he's done - it is low in the context of what we paid for him when he'd done basically nothing and the market has only inflated since.

£8m now is worth less than £8m when he bought him.

Something to bear in mind: If all the made-up paper talk cites £8m and then we sell him for an "Undisclosed fee" a lot of places may say its "thought to be in the region of £8m"; but in truth they're pulling that figure outta their arse based on the rumours. So don't be so quick to assume that is the fee.

PistoldPete2
44 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Slight side question but would people sell Lawrence for £7 million ? 

Yes. But I don’t think anyone would pay it. That’s more than we paid for him and he didn’t have a good first season

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Something that is quite interesting is that despite being the league's top scorer with 21 goals his average rating for the season (on whoscored) is only 6.90. Which isn't bad per se (it's the second worst of the top 10 goalscorers this season), but it suggests when he wasn't scoring he was doing little else. 

I like him, personally and while I don't think £8m is outrageously low for a player who's done what he's done - it is low in the context of what we paid for him when he'd done basically nothing and the market has only inflated since.

£8m now is worth less than £8m when he bought him.

Vydra goal record is no better than say Jerome or win all or nugent who offered more ingeneral play

Archived