Derby likely to sell Vydra plus others

RiddingsRam

Good to see that Nigel's work in trimming the fat, shifting on unwanted players, transitioning youngsters from the academy into the first team, and reducing the overall age of the squad, hasn't been wasted....

Seems we're back to square one again.

We can probably add Davies and Carson to the list of likely outgoings. It's alright though, word is we've persuaded Neville Southall and Jack Charlton to come out of retirement.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't expect we will have paid a lot of the add ons but still £8m is pretty poor.  What really bothers me though is a potential queue of Championship teams vying for him.  Not only do we weaken ourselves but we strengthen the opposition.

Player plus cash deal might suit us if it's the right team/player.  Rowett seems to be the first boss since Smith open to this, and of course he was a makeweight in Short's transfer to Everton.

Shall we have a whip round or start a just giving page.

Hopefully we can avoid losing the entirety of the squad. 

Realistically though i think it was an inevitability and many people have been calling for a clear out. I for one think as many as 10 need to move on this season.

The money just isnt there anymore. This is the reason why i feel GR is the right one for the job. He is capable of making a team greater than the sum of its parts.

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Would like to mention something else here and I haven't done my homework so correct me if I m wrong . 

But Vydra TOP SCORER yeah ??????

HOW MANY WERE PENALTIES ????.

Come on my grandma should be able to score a penalty ..............you get my point !.

Think Vydra is a good player but it isn't the end of the world if he goes plus he seems to sulk quite a bit to if things don't go his way.

Personally love the look of Winnall and hope we keep him and give him a proper run in the side.

He won all but two of his penalties.

I doubt Granny could do that.

£18 mill minimum for vydra considering hes at his peak and was the leagues top scorer, if we sell him for 10 mill or less morris may as well sell the club because we wont achieve anything next season if we are selling players for that sort of fee after paying 5 mill for crap players like butterfield . To be honest i am hoping mel sells the club no matter what, if it is true we are going to have a £0 net spend like last summer, we  will never go up without actually significantly improving the team with clubs like west brom and either villa or Fulham to compete with next season

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Steve Nicholson has just put an article where he believes Vydras valued will have doubled from the £8m we paid. Would people be happier with £16m?

I'd be happy with anything over 7 integers.

I'm sure it will be a massive sum of £undisclosed though.

Getting that one in early, jokes probably already been made though.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Steve Nicholson has just put an article where he believes Vydras valued will have doubled from the £8m we paid. Would people be happier with £16m?

if Neymar an kane are worth 200 million vydra should be worth around 21 million realistically atleast 18. we wont be able to improve the team enough if we don't play hard ball.

This looks to me like a more competent version of Kenny Burns trying to wind us all up. John Percy is a red dog, I believe. I think we have lots of fat in the squad to trim before we start to loose valuable assets like Vydra for such a weak fee. Shackell, Martin, Bryson, Baird and Blackman are definite candidates.

Selling Vydra would also mean that we would then need to replace him so you have to factor that in, do Mel and Gary really think we can replace him for £8 million? Not a chance.

Obviously, this means he'll be out the door by June.....?

4 minutes ago, Branny said:

This looks to me like a more competent version of Kenny Burns trying to wind us all up. John Percy is a red dog, I believe. I think we have lots of fat in the squad to trim before we start to loose valuable assets like Vydra for such a weak fee. Shackell, Martin, Bryson, Baird and Blackman are definite candidates.

Selling Vydra would also mean that we would then need to replace him so you have to factor that in, do Mel and Gary really think we can replace him for £8 million? Not a chance.

if we sell him for 8mill mel can go back to candy crush and do whats best and sell the club , selling hughes for 8mill and paying the same amount for Lawrence was a disgrace in its own right this would be the final nail in the coffin for mel.

39 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

We'll give you 4m plus Michael Mancienne on loan.

Take it or leave it

To be totally fair our red dog friends have got top prices for whoever gets a bid in thier squad which really has been amazing 

1 hour ago, Branny said:

Just realised (and I think this sums it up perfectly) that I forgot about Butterfield coming back from loan. I assume he's up for sale as well. 

I doubt very much he would go for £8 mil.

i also doubt we are under any financial constraints. I would say we are laying that out there so we aren't held to ransom like we were last few seasons. I think we are looking for better value for money.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Wisdom was relative peanuts too. £2.5m rising to £4m was it?

What have we got for peanuts though? A player who has been no better than 37 year old Chris Baird this season, I'm not too overwhelmed for 4.5 million, that's a lot of money for a team in this division. 

I was hoping he'd come good after poor spells at WBA and Norwich, another meh season this year. Maybe next year? I think his performance in the 13/14 is buying him time, he's miles off of what he's capable of. 

Archived