Fulham F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Topram said:

Bloody hell im too nervous for this! Heart and head says 2-0 and dream over for us 

Hope the accuracy of your tipping continues but how can your heart say we lose 2-0? Head, yes possibly. Heart - NEVER!

12 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Hope the accuracy of your tipping continues but how can your heart say we lose 2-0? Head, yes possibly. Heart - NEVER!

Yes my bad, not thinking straight. Nerves taken over ?

There hasn’t been two clear goals between either team in the three previous games this season and I think we will score but will Fulham score three ? Can’t see it.

1-1 draw for me and Fulham are on their holidays. 

icon_yikes.sml.gif Just realised 2-1 to Fulham would take it to extra time and the possibility of penalties...aw man, please no, me heart wouldn’t stand it. 

It’s going to such a tough game at the cottage and so hard to call. Busy based on recent performances of digging in and grinding out results along with the fact we’re underdogs, I just have a feeling as others have said, if we can just take one chance on the break then it’s going to be very hard for Fulham to score 3. That said, I wouldn’t rule out 2-1 Fulham and the horrors of penalties! ?

Made a spontaneous decision to head to the game at the last min on fri (none of my Sheffield mates would join me at the pub!) so went by myself and so glad I did. Come on you rams, you can do this!! ????

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

This is some seriously technical **** so apologies to the amateur tacticians. Do try to keep up. I've devised here a 3-2-3-1-1 formation designed to frustrate Fulham for 70 mins before we unload the horsepower and grab 2 or 3 late goals.            

Carson

Keogh   Davies   Pearce

Ledley   Huddlestone

Wisdom   Johnson   Forsyth

Palmer

Nugent

Is that the “mushroom” formation? ?

I think to get through this tie; energy levels, particular in the middle of the park, are going to play a crucial role. We kept Fulham firmly at arms length in the first half on Friday but they started to get opportunities as players tired and we started to drop off. 

With that in mind I suspect that Rowett might have to make more than a few brave decisions in team selection and as the game wears on.  

If it was the first shift I'd think about making is to move to a 3511 for a couple reasons. Firstly it's vital that we play Huddlestone (he's crucial to give us an outlet) but we need more energy around him to press and harry. Secondly Fulham looked their most threatening when they got the ball into Mitrovic with his back to goal and close to the box or when the likes of Cairney drifted unchecked into that "#10 space", by sitting Huddlestone there itd hopefully help cut this out to an extent and force Fulham wide.

Line up like :

Carson

Keogh   Davies   Forsyth 

Wisdom         Huddlestone           LWB

CM1                       CM2

Lawrence

Jerome

Back three: I've seen a few suggestions to put Pearce in here but I can't help but feel that would be a mistake. The current back three has a good balance to it, they have the mobility to shift across and they all played really well on Friday. 

Wing backs: Wisdom has really surprised me in how well he has stepped into this role and really kept sessgnon at bay. Thought Wiemann played really well at LWB on Friday however he ran his socks off and I'd be concerned about him being able to express those same energy levels so I'd be tempted to go with Anya in his best position. 

Midfield: Huddlestone is undroppable and critical to any success. Where it gets interesting is who to play with him? Johnson has been playing well of late but personally I thought he tired in the second half and I'd be tempted to rotate him out. Personally I'd lean towards going for Hanson and Palmer to give us some athleticism in the middle. 

Forwards: Jerome and Lawrence looked our best outlets on Friday, with both seeming to revel with us playing 3 at the back. Jerome is going to be really important as his pace and aerial ability is likely how we will get chances. 

19 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Line up like :

Carson

Keogh   Davies   Forsyth 

Wisdom         Huddlestone           LWB

CM1                       CM2

Lawrence

Jerome

'shroom?

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

There hasn’t been two clear goals between either team in the three previous games this season and I think we will score but will Fulham score three ? Can’t see it.

1-1 draw for me and Fulham are on their holidays. 

icon_yikes.sml.gif Just realised 2-1 to Fulham would take it to extra time and the possibility of penalties...aw man, please no, me heart wouldn’t stand it. 

I doubt if our players’ legs would stand it either!

Archived