Fulham F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't like reading their comments, it makes me nervous.

They've just suffered back to back defeats for the first time this year. We've had back to back wins. We've been to Craven Cottage already this season and held them. Our defense is very well organised and our away tactic is our best assett. I'm glad they're confident, I hope they're complacent, but these Rams won't roll over for 'em.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well part 1 completed and now time to lift it upto whole new level fulham going to be on edge and there fans will soon be on there backs while whole city is right behind the lads.

Once again our support need match last night or even louder let once again lets have a sea of black and white who is with me. Lets send our lads to wembley.

Hmmmm I might have to lie down in a dark room after I post this , I am not a fan of our style of football at present but what a powder puff side Fulham were last night .

Reminded me of the red dogs with Warburton in charge  pretty patterns and nowt up front .I say nowt up front only because Curtis played whatever is name is off the park .

Thought we missed a chance to put it beyond them to be honest ,their goalie played nearer the half way line than our forwards for all their possession I  never felt they would make it count .

We have a few players returning to form Fozzy ,BJ  in particular and Cam Jam is now the player  I thought he always was [yes I was one of the few people complimentary about him] I also have a Phd in I told you so.

It's only half time but we are capable to giving these a shoeing over two legs if we pass better in the second leg and are a bit more composed clearing our box .

I expect to be at Wembley.

55 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Hmmmm I might have to lie down in a dark room after I post this , I am not a fan of our style of football at present but what a powder puff side Fulham were last night .

Reminded me of the red dogs with Warburton in charge  pretty patterns and nowt up front .I say nowt up front only because Curtis played whatever is name is off the park .

Thought we missed a chance to put it beyond them to be honest ,their goalie played nearer the half way line than our forwards for all their possession I  never felt they would make it count .

We have a few players returning to form Fozzy ,BJ  in particular and Cam Jam is now the player  I thought he always was [yes I was one of the few people complimentary about him] I also have a Phd in I told you so.

It's only half time but we are capable to giving these a shoeing over two legs if we pass better in the second leg and are a bit more composed clearing our box .

I expect to be at Wembley.

Fulham certainly was more one-dimensional than I expected. Seemed like the only option would be pass the ball to Mitrovic's feet... It's weird thinking how much quality they have on wings and fullbacks. Okay, second half when they started to push fullbacks forward, we were struggling before changing 4-2-3-1.

I'd be happy with their one-dimensional approach again Monday...

Fulhams record in play offs now reads zero wins in 7 matches.

In the last 15 years auto's have been decided on the final regular match 5 times, with only West Ham going on to promotion after missing out last day.

They may as well book their holidays now and save a few quid.

When Rowett came to Derby he said we were OK with the ball but terrible without it. Last night was an example of how he's tried to change that. But it takes a huge effort - once this game's over the winners have a long break, but will our ageing legs have enough in them to see this one through? And there's the possibility of extra time.

We need to be resolute and clinical. I would love an early goal to help settle the nerves. Some are saying to use Vydra off the bench, but I'd be tempted to start him and demand a goal from him as reward. He is an incredible finisher.

I know the fans will be loud and proud, but do make sure you all are doubly so.

Weimann cramped up on Friday and is not a clinical finisher so I'd consider benching him, maybe Fozzy moving to left wing back and Pearce coming in. That way we'd have Weimann, Nugent, Palmer and Anya as excellent bench options if we need. I can see Palmer's legs really helping us in midfield in the second half of this match. But he's not played nearly enough to be given a start now.

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

When Rowett came to Derby he said we were OK with the ball but terrible without it.

It really has turned around... 

How many times our attack which took more than few seconds lead to anything?

Zero.

That said I really hope proper fight and 0-0.

Craven Cottage sounds like a retirement home.

I agree with 86 points. I think an 1 - 1 draw. I also agree with Woodley Ram, think we will get a breakaway goal. I live in Hong Kong and the match is at 2:45 am in Hong Kong

31 minutes ago, benbossity said:

Craven Cottage sounds like a retirement home.

I agree with 86 points. I think an 1 - 1 draw. I also agree with Woodley Ram, think we will get a breakaway goal. I live in Hong Kong and the match is at 2:45 am in Hong Kong

Welcome to the forum Ben ?

Fulham are a good side lets not be dismissive of that, no one goes 23 unbeaten scoring in every game so they are not comparable to Clements Derby where we just passed, passed and passed again with no end product or attempts on goal ....Fulham score goals and its taking something away from our display to think that they're not as good as what we expected.

Our discipline and shape was fantastic and we rarely got pulled out of shape, I think if we had scored another the tie would be virtually over and got the impression from GR's interview he also thought we were a bit wasteful with our limited oppurtunities in the second half.....I thought the only player to dissapoint slightly was Vydra who appeared to be a bit mardy at times and on his heels as a few times i thought he could've got the ball first.....we need everyone and i mean everyone working there butts off on monday.

Weimann frustrates the hell out of most of us it seems but he does not stop running and for that reason he would start still and Anya was important off of the bench.

I'd like to see us try and play the game as if its 0-0 rather than 1-0 as i have a worry that its going to be too much to defend all night and as some have mentioned an early goal would be fantastic...i can actually see them folding a bit if we score first....

Just really really hope we offer something offensively and our older players have recovered enough, same back 3 ...and I think Nugent and Palmer still have roles to play in the second leg ....

7 minutes ago, Saity said:

Fulham are a good side lets not be dismissive of that, no one goes 23 unbeaten scoring in every game so they are not comparable to Clements Derby where we just passed, passed and passed again with no end product or attempts on goal ....Fulham score goals and its taking something away from our display to think that they're not as good as what we expected.

Our discipline and shape was fantastic and we rarely got pulled out of shape, I think if we had scored another the tie would be virtually over and got the impression from GR's interview he also thought we were a bit wasteful with our limited oppurtunities in the second half.....I thought the only player to dissapoint slightly was Vydra who appeared to be a bit mardy at times and on his heels as a few times i thought he could've got the ball first.....we need everyone and i mean everyone working there butts off on monday.

Weimann frustrates the hell out of most of us it seems but he does not stop running and for that reason he would start still and Anya was important off of the bench.

I'd like to see us try and play the game as if its 0-0 rather than 1-0 as i have a worry that its going to be too much to defend all night and as some have mentioned an early goal would be fantastic...i can actually see them folding a bit if we score first....

Just really really hope we offer something offensively and our older players have recovered enough, same back 3 ...and I think Nugent and Palmer still have roles to play in the second leg ....

Pretty much spot on I'd say. Some of the fans on the Friends of Fulham were pretty generous in crediting GR and the boys saying Rowett 'sussed out' Joker and the lads showed immense discipline and determination. Many were adamant that there's no plan b either so I don't think we'll be seeing any great surprises sprung, just more of the same really. Perhaps Fulham were not at their absolute best but then I think we could have been more clinical too. You're right to point out that running down their performance takes something away from ours though. They still looked a very capable side to me and one of the best passing sides in the division. Only Wolves looked more comfortable and astute in possession and they are the best side I've seen in the Championship for as long as I can remember.

Monday is going to be all about hard yards but I'm convinced we will score against them - their achilles heel is their defence and the longer the game is goalless, the more pressure Joker will be under to push the FBs forward. We all saw the space that created late on in the first leg and I'm convinced we won't be so profligate in the final third again, though I can't tell you why!

An early goal for us and they are done, so the pressure is heaped on their shoulders and I think it already showed in the first leg. I'd certainly rather be in our shoes than theirs and frankly I couldn't give a flying fig how the pundits and bookies see it,

COYR

26 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Pretty much spot on I'd say. Some of the fans on the Friends of Fulham were pretty generous in crediting GR and the boys saying Rowett 'sussed out' Joker and the lads showed immense discipline and determination. Many were adamant that there's no plan b either so I don't think we'll be seeing any great surprises sprung, just more of the same really. Perhaps Fulham were not at their absolute best but then I think we could have been more clinical too. You're right to point out that running down their performance takes something away from ours though. They still looked a very capable side to me and one of the best passing sides in the division. Only Wolves looked more comfortable and astute in possession and they are the best side I've seen in the Championship for as long as I can remember.

Monday is going to be all about hard yards but I'm convinced we will score against them - their achilles heel is their defence and the longer the game is goalless, the more pressure Joker will be under to push the FBs forward. We all saw the space that created late on in the first leg and I'm convinced we won't be so profligate in the final third again, though I can't tell you why!

An early goal for us and they are done, so the pressure is heaped on their shoulders and I think it already showed in the first leg. I'd certainly rather be in our shoes than theirs and frankly I couldn't give a flying fig how the pundits and bookies see it,

COYR

Great post 86 and yes mate I think the first 20 -25 is crucial and if still 0-0 I think we could then try to turn the screw a bit ....I just don't want to see us defending ......I'm really hacked off i couldn't get a ticket as travel hundreds of miles home and away and don't miss many...but thats life i guess ...

Archived