Fulham F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Let's try and second guess Fulhams's game plan. If you were Jokanovic how would you play this? 

Watching the game back, you have to say pretty much every Derby attack started with Huddlestone. It would seem like if you close him down quickly you stop Derby's attacks. 

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been posting motivational titbits on the wrong thread... what a berk!!!

Here goes again ?

We've avoided defeat in 78% of our away games this season.

Already avoided away defeat at some tough places this season - Cardiff, Fulham, Villa, Boro, Preston, Millwall, Brentford, Forest, Leeds.

There's every reason to believe we can win or draw this game to get ourselves to Wembley.

Come on Derby!!!

10 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Our odds have now changed we are 3rd favourites to win - behind Boro

Villa  11/8

Fulham   9/4

Derby  3/1

Boro   8/1

That was to be expected @DesertRam, I think that betting is a true reflection of where we are, I thought the Boro/Villa game was aweful but Villa employed similar tactics to us in stopping the opposition playing first, get a goal and hold on to it. 

Do you think Fulham play a similar style of football to us under mac? Nice to watch and can be very effective but always gives the opposition a chance? It must be on their mind on Monday that if they (Fulham) over commit then we have the ability to punish them.

Love watching Fulham ,they play good football but Goals and clean sheets win matches not possession and I think a goal on the counterattack should see us home but lets see as I would take a drab 0-0 with Fulham having 90% possession 

COYRs 

1 hour ago, benbossity said:

Craven Cottage sounds like a retirement home.

I agree with 86 points. I think an 1 - 1 draw. I also agree with Woodley Ram, think we will get a breakaway goal. I live in Hong Kong and the match is at 2:45 am in Hong Kong

Well @benbossity you are going to be well mullered by 2.45 am, lets hope we all have something to cheer

The officials will be one major factor as always and after the first leg they were certinatly favouring Fulham with our players being on side when breaking through but given offside and fouls given from corners for Huddlestone actually standing in front of thier keeper which appears not to be allowed even when he actually just stands there! And not to mention certain fairy types in the Fulham side who have to throw themselves to the floor when thier hair gel fails to work 

1 hour ago, Saity said:

Fulham are a good side lets not be dismissive of that, no one goes 23 unbeaten scoring in every game so they are not comparable to Clements Derby where we just passed, passed and passed again with no end product or attempts on goal ....Fulham score goals and its taking something away from our display to think that they're not as good as what we expected.

Our discipline and shape was fantastic and we rarely got pulled out of shape, I think if we had scored another the tie would be virtually over and got the impression from GR's interview he also thought we were a bit wasteful with our limited oppurtunities in the second half.....I thought the only player to dissapoint slightly was Vydra who appeared to be a bit mardy at times and on his heels as a few times i thought he could've got the ball first.....we need everyone and i mean everyone working there butts off on monday.

Weimann frustrates the hell out of most of us it seems but he does not stop running and for that reason he would start still and Anya was important off of the bench.

I'd like to see us try and play the game as if its 0-0 rather than 1-0 as i have a worry that its going to be too much to defend all night and as some have mentioned an early goal would be fantastic...i can actually see them folding a bit if we score first....

Just really really hope we offer something offensively and our older players have recovered enough, same back 3 ...and I think Nugent and Palmer still have roles to play in the second leg ....

Spot on @Saity

20 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

That was to be expected @DesertRam, I think that betting is a true reflection of where we are, I thought the Boro/Villa game was aweful but Villa employed similar tactics to us in stopping the opposition playing first, get a goal and hold on to it. 

Do you think Fulham play a similar style of football to us under mac? Nice to watch and can be very effective but always gives the opposition a chance? It must be on their mind on Monday that if they (Fulham) over commit then we have the ability to punish them.

Love watching Fulham ,they play good football but Goals and clean sheets win matches not possession and I think a goal on the counterattack should see us home but lets see as I would take a drab 0-0 with Fulham having 90% possession 

COYRs 

Good Lord I’m not sure I could nerve-wise watch that playing out. 

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

When Rowett came to Derby he said we were OK with the ball but terrible without it. Last night was an example of how he's tried to change that. But it takes a huge effort - once this game's over the winners have a long break, but will our ageing legs have enough in them to see this one through? And there's the possibility of extra time.

We need to be resolute and clinical. I would love an early goal to help settle the nerves. Some are saying to use Vydra off the bench, but I'd be tempted to start him and demand a goal from him as reward. He is an incredible finisher.

I know the fans will be loud and proud, but do make sure you all are doubly so.

Weimann cramped up on Friday and is not a clinical finisher so I'd consider benching him, maybe Fozzy moving to left wing back and Pearce coming in. That way we'd have Weimann, Nugent, Palmer and Anya as excellent bench options if we need. I can see Palmer's legs really helping us in midfield in the second half of this match. But he's not played nearly enough to be given a start now.

I’m genuinely not too concerned about the result...honestly. That said, the Derby fans can make such a difference on Monday night. Fulham think they are going to batter us...they believe they just have to show up. Well maybe a bit of “shock and awe” from the Derby fans and their complacency may envelope them. 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

I've been posting motivational titbits on the wrong thread... what a berk!!!

Here goes again ?

We've avoided defeat in 78% of our away games this season.

Already avoided away defeat at some tough places this season - Cardiff, Fulham, Villa, Boro, Preston, Millwall, Brentford, Forest, Leeds.

There's every reason to believe we can win or draw this game to get ourselves to Wembley.

Come on Derby!!!

Forest ??? 

This is some seriously technical **** so apologies to the amateur tacticians. Do try to keep up. I've devised here a 3-2-3-1-1 formation designed to frustrate Fulham for 70 mins before we unload the horsepower and grab 2 or 3 late goals.            

Carson

Keogh   Davies   Pearce

Ledley   Huddlestone

Wisdom   Johnson   Forsyth

Palmer

Nugent

Been said by plenty of others but a goal for us would be massive. Can’t see us conceding two and happy to put the season on the backs of Davies and Carson.

I can see the usefulness in dropping Vydra for Ledley (or Hanson, although that would be a bold call). They’re obviously going to have most of the possession and their midfield 3 is very good. But as long as we shut out Mitrovic and Sessegnon again I think we’ll be grand.

Archived