Fulham F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Craven Cottage

Mon 14th May, 19.45/7.45pm

Well, that was fun on Friday wasn’t it?  End to end stuff first half, hemmed back most of the second with a chance to nick a goal late on to take a bigger lead down south.

Will Gaza go for the same team and take the game to them, will he go with the team that faced Villa away and more defensive?  Truth is, Fulham will play exactly the same game as they did at PP so other than maybe resting Vydra to the bench and replacing with maybe Palmer I doubt it will change much.

Hopefully we’ll shift the remaining 500 tickets now there a chance of a result down there and we’ll fill the away end.  No doubt those who go will create a fantastic noise like for most of the away games this season.

Fair play to Fulham for their ticket prices too.

Whatever happens, it’s going to be emotional.

What’s word on d’street?

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to 5 at the back for me, Anya was brilliant when he came on. We’re still being written off even with the 1-0 advantage by most, I for one love the underdog tag. Fulham are there for the taking on the counter, let’s knick one and **** house our way to Wembley! 

I think if we can nick a goal (especially if we score first), that might be enough. I've predicted a 1-0 Derby win but that's because I can't bring myself to ever predict a draw or a loss (no, I don't know why either) but while my heart says away win, my head says hard-fought 1-1 draw.

Fulham dont seem to have much regard for us, they feel they will stuff us at the cottage. Although they say they are vulnerable to a team that plays on the break......doh....I think that might be us. They are a good side and will be better at home, we need to put bodies on the line and score a goal as I’m sure we will not be able to keep a clean sheet.  All to play for.

also what is all this hatred fro Cardiff, they are all over the Fulham boards and make it very personal. Colin is responsible for all the bad feeling, he should be more grown up and think of the effect his diatribe has, the muppet. 

Anyway no idea how this one will go but we are in it. COYRs

Cripes! I've only gone and managed to get tickets!

We can win this tie by keeping our heads and playing to our strengths...personally would love to see Casey Palmer and his quick feet running the show but I doubt GR will do that...if we can get a 1-1 ...that'll be just dandy...but I imagine GR will have a cunning trap...

There's an air of the BD team about this lot. Capable of sublime moments of brilliance yet attritional when we need to be, totally unfancied by the media and bookies alike and on the wrong end of overwhelming sneering condescension from certain elements of the opposition's fanbase.

I'm almost optimistic.

Ice baths, massages and deep heat right up until Monday morning where the players will meet for double portions of weetabix, sausages can wait until after Wembley.

The key in this game is to snatch an early goal, keep the tourists quiet, Mitrovic will give up knowing that 2 goals against Curtis Davies will be almost impossible, the guy is a machine. He’s in the Premier League regardless of what happens Monday.

3 at the back, it’s like an iPhone, it just works, as does our Austrian Mo Farah clocking up more miles in 90 minutes than I do in a year.

I’m a confident Ram this morning, don’t confuse it with arrogance but I saw nothing but pretty passing from Fulham, keep ball might impress the purists but the aim of the game is about sticking the ball in the net. Derby last night looked more likely to do that with less than 30% of the ball.

Some will argue that the Fulham side is what we saw under McClaren, not true, they are more Clementesque and for all the pace they had out wide I don’t recall it being used to any great effect. They were slow, everything in front of us looking for the perfect pass and the perfect tap in which I have no fear of this defence handling with ease.

Dad’s army they called it, what an army they are! 

P.S sorry for ever doubting you were arsed a few weeks back, you clearly are and it’s beautiful to see.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Ice baths, massages and deep heat right up until Monday morning where the players will meet for double portions of weetabix, sausages can wait until after Wembley.

The key in this game is to snatch an early goal, keep the tourists quiet, Mitrovic will give up knowing that 2 goals against Curtis Davies will be almost impossible, the guy is a machine. He’s in the Premier League regardless of what happens Monday.

3 at the back, it’s like an iPhone, it just works, as does our Austrian Mo Farah clocking up more miles in 90 minutes than I do in a year.

I’m a confident Ram this morning, don’t confuse it with arrogance but I saw nothing but pretty passing from Fulham, keep ball might impress the purists but the aim of the game is about sticking the ball in the net. Derby last night looked more likely to do that with less than 30% of the ball.

Some will argue that the Fulham side is what we saw under McClaren, not true, they are more Clementesque and for all the pace they had out wide I don’t recall it being used to any great effect. They were slow, everything in front of us looking for the perfect pass and the perfect tap in which I have no fear of this defence handling with ease.

P.S sorry for ever doubting you were arsed a few weeks back, you clearly are and it’s beautiful to see.

Absolutely right and we have a physical presence now.

It was nice to see us give away a few free kicks around the half way line with robust challenges. 

Cairney in particular was a target. Everything revolves around him and we will need to be on our guard on Monday because in one moment he can change a game. 

I loved our attitude last night. No one wants us to go up but we don't care!

Hoping our lot can recover from last night in time - Davies, Weimann and Jerome looked absolutely shattered.

Id stick Vydra on the bench, especially if its looking likely to goto extra time.

Cant sit back for 90 mins, as good as Davies and Keogh have performed.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Lovely prose @David Sir, and "Clementesque" sounds lovely but alas as we all know it's achingly dull football. Could become a trade mark as in "©lementesque...noun...flatter to deceive...passing football that looks Barca-esque but is in fact a pale English imitation invented by a dull PE teacher best suited to putting the cones out and folding the bibs away". ?

32 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Lovely prose @David Sir, and "Clementesque" sounds lovely but alas as we all know it's achingly dull football. Could become a trade mark as in "©lementesque...noun...flatter to deceive...passing football that looks Barca-esque but is in fact a pale English imitation invented by a dull PE teacher best suited to putting the cones out and folding the bibs away". ?

"Clementesque, English white wine variety, similar to some spanish and italian white wines, but awful"

Just had a snoop on the Fulham board, alot calling for Fredericks to be dropped and Christie to be brought in - im actually praying thats exactly what they do , we know his weaknesses and I actually rate Ryan Fredericks everytime ive seen him.

Then really do seem like the DCFC of 14/14. Pretty football but struggle to break down a side who are prepared to sit back. 

52 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Just had a snoop on the Fulham board, alot calling for Fredericks to be dropped and Christie to be brought in - im actually praying thats exactly what they do , we know his weaknesses and I actually rate Ryan Fredericks everytime ive seen him.

Then really do seem like the DCFC of 14/14. Pretty football but struggle to break down a side who are prepared to sit back. 

They seem to be pretty confident that they will win by several goals on Monday night. I don't like reading their comments, it makes me nervous.

Prefer B4's rallying cries!

Fulham have a major problem playing us in terms that we simply sit back and if thier full backs over commit we are looking to put it in behind them which we did very successfully so if thier full backs stay back more they are much more limited in thier attacking abilities 

Archived