Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

34 minutes ago, Moist One said:

in films and programmes when someone pretends to drink a tea or coffee and you can tell that the cup is empty. I can tell every time and it annoys me very randomly.

In films and tv  when somebody is supposed to be dead and you can see them breathing, I'm not an actor but even I could hold my breath for 10 seconds to get the shot. 

Edited by Ramslad1992
Tv not to

37 minutes ago, Moist One said:

in films and programmes when someone pretends to drink a tea or coffee and you can tell that the cup is empty. I can tell every time and it annoys me very randomly.

Absolutely

Also

In films and programmes when a couple pretends to kiss but you can tell they are not really kissing,

aggravates me no end randomly

Tongue or it didn't happen

On 11/08/2017 at 20:28, Coconut said:

The foul throw rule. 

Sure, there does need to be one to stop somebody encroaching the pitch or launching it one-armed (cricket style), because they'd be gaining an advantage. Neither of these things ever happen though.

A foul throw at present though, is pretty much always simply A s**** THROW which is then punished despite having offered no advantage whatsoever to the throwing team. It's just nitpicking for the sake of it, and only ever really applied when the ref feels like he needs to prove he's doing his job.

As a kid, I avoided taking throw ins whenever possible because I was always pulled up for a foul throw. I never knew why and still don't. I remember trying to keep both feet on the ground, making sure both hands where on the ball... I still genuinely don't know what the rules are.

Whoever thinks that making a 60 mile stretch of the M1 a single carriageway so they can fix an overhead sign at midnight, is a good decision, should be shot.
For goodness sakes, how hard can it be to work out how much work a crew can get done in one spell, close the two lanes half a mile either side of it and then move on when they're ready.

It causes no end of un-necessary issues having massive stretches of our motorways closed when there's not a soul working on patches of the closure for days upon end.

Annoying beyond belief.

4 hours ago, Moist One said:

That's been annoying me for years. They make no effort at all! From the camera angles you can see that the mug/cup is literally, at least, half empty. Is everyone on TV/movies having espressos in large mugs?

20 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Whoever thinks that making a 60 mile stretch of the M1 a single carriageway so they can fix an overhead sign at midnight, is a good decision, should be shot.
For goodness sakes, how hard can it be to work out how much work a crew can get done in one spell, close the two lanes half a mile either side of it and then move on when they're ready.

It causes no end of un-necessary issues having massive stretches of our motorways closed when there's not a soul working on patches of the closure for days upon end.

Annoying beyond belief.

at least they do it in the middle of the night.

In certain other european countries i could mention they would close those lanes of the motorway during the busiest time of the day, causing maximum disruption, simply because workmen work normal working hours like the rest of us!

Sith Happens

Michaella McCollum one of the two girls banged up for smuggling drugs in peru. Seems to be in the papers every other day, usually on a beach somewhere abroad with clearly staged photo's.

Ok she is an attractive girl but the fact she seems to be considered a bit of a celeb annoys me, latest picture cosying up with Jordan from big brother/ibiza weekender.

Rumours of book deals and you just know she will end up in one of the big brother/get me out of here type shows.

Obviously her new lifestyle is being funded somehow. Just dont think smuggling drugs should be a platform for anyone to have any sort of career. Not saying she shouldnt be given a chance, but doing a normal job and not gaining an advantage for an awful crime.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Michaella McCollum one of the two girls banged up for smuggling drugs in peru. Seems to be in the papers every other day, usually on a beach somewhere abroad with clearly staged photo's.

Ok she is an attractive girl but the fact she seems to be considered a bit of a celeb annoys me, latest picture cosying up with Jordan from big brother/ibiza weekender.

Rumours of book deals and you just know she will end up in one of the big brother/get me out of here type shows.

Obviously her new lifestyle is being funded somehow. Just dont think smuggling drugs should be a platform for anyone to have any sort of career. Not saying she shouldnt be given a chance, but doing a normal job and not gaining an advantage for an awful crime.

That's celebrity for the sake of celebrity. Made by the media because it's cheaper than paying a 'star'. I have never, never watched this reality gubbins and I've no idea why a 'youtuber' is even a thing.

I used to think that the likes of TOWIE and made in Chelsea weren't actually watched by anyone, but we're cheap tv fillers that were hyped beyond their actual popularity. Then I heard the airheads at work talking about the previous episodes and I just thought, you are what's wrong in the world. Tv sucks and it's your fault. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

That's celebrity for the sake of celebrity. Made by the media because it's cheaper than paying a 'star'. I have never, never watched this reality gubbins and I've no idea why a 'youtuber' is even a thing.

I used to think that the likes of TOWIE and made in Chelsea weren't actually watched by anyone, but we're cheap tv fillers that were hyped beyond their actual popularity. Then I heard the airheads at work talking about the previous episodes and I just thought, you are what's wrong in the world. Tv sucks and it's your fault. 

My wife loves all the Real Housewives of new york, cheshire etc...can sit and watch them non stop.

Its all 'scripted' reality, i dont get it.

A bit different from the 'real housewives' i used to watch on grainy VHS :ph34r:

I think there's a worrying and growing culture in this country of people wanting money but not being prepared to work for it. More sickies, more skiving and now self-publicising through social media until someone 'notices' them and through bad behaviour they then become (in)famous. 

I think reality TV is very damaging to our youth. It presents as 'normal' foul language, promiscuity and infidelity. These shows are routinely watched by children from 12 upwards at a time when especially young girls are confused about sex and sexuality and are coming under pressure to be 'grown up' and beautiful. 

We should show more programmes about those (especially amongst our brilliant young citizens) who volunteer or set a good example through their deeds.

Or does that not make good TV?

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think there's a worrying and growing culture in this country of people wanting money but not being prepared to work for it. More sickies, more skiving and now self-publicising through social media until someone 'notices' them and through bad behaviour they then become (in)famous. 

I think reality TV is very damaging to our youth. It presents as 'normal' foul language, promiscuity and infidelity. These shows are routinely watched by children from 12 upwards at a time when especially young girls are confused about sex and sexuality and are coming under pressure to be 'grown up' and beautiful. 

We should show more programmes about those (especially amongst our brilliant young citizens) who volunteer or set a good example through their deeds.

Or does that not make good TV?

Agree, good post. Reality tv and Facebook.

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think there's a worrying and growing culture in this country of people wanting money but not being prepared to work for it.

A mate of mine (ok, he had a good job, nice redundncy package shortly before normal retirement, good pension, plus he was left a bit of money) decided to buy the semi-detatched house adjoining his daughter's house.

It was quite run down and he spent quite a bit getting up to a nice standard, and was renting it out.

A few weeks ago he had a heart attack, fairly minor, but made him realise he was not actually immortal. So he decided that he would give the house to his daughter, and knock the two together to make a nice large detached house.

'But', he said, 'I want you to pay me the rental that I would have got if I'd still being letting it out. I'm spent up now, and need the money to supplement my pension'.

Response. 'I don't see why I should do that. It's my inheritance'.

I'd have given her a good slapping.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

A mate of mine (ok, he had a good job, nice redundncy package shortly before normal retirement, good pension, plus he was left a bit of money) decided to buy the semi-detatched house adjoining his daughter's house.

It was quite run down and he spent quite a bit getting up to a nice standard, and was renting it out.

A few weeks ago he had a heart attack, fairly minor, but made him realise he was not actually immortal. So he decided that he would give the house to his daughter, and knock the two together to make a nice large detached house.

'But', he said, 'I want you to pay me the rental that I would have got if I'd still being letting it out. I'm spent up now, and need the money to supplement my pension'.

Response. 'I don't see why I should do that. It's my inheritance'.

I'd have given her a good slapping.

I hate that people expect inheritance. If I had my way my mum and dad would cash in on the equity that is their house and go enjoy it...don't care if don't get left a penny.

Sith Happens

When you check in to a hotel, its all pre booked, they know you are coming, its not a surprise to them, but you stand there waiting in a queue as the receptionist seems to take an unfathomable amount of time with each guest, with long spells of just seemingly staring at the screen in front of them.

Why is it so difficult? You know we are all coming, surely put my name or reservation number in, print the piece of paper for me to sign, swipe my credit card, give me my key, surely should be quick and painless, yes seems to take ages and ages.

On 19/08/2017 at 10:18, Paul71 said:

My wife loves all the Real Housewives of new york, cheshire etc...can sit and watch them non stop.

Its all 'scripted' reality, i dont get it.

A bit different from the 'real housewives' i used to watch on grainy VHS :ph34r:

Mrs Cone loves that s****.

Drives me insane,what utter s****!

Edited by GboroRam
Removed obfuscation from swear word